• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who says that? Our win gave you an easier path.

I have no idea why SEA fans are bitching, but they are out in record numbers.

There are more Seahawks fans that post on the gen than any other base these days. Of course they appear to be out in force. It's what they do.

This was a major event in a big time game. Do a quick google search and it's all the sports media is talking about in every corner of this country. It will be the story tomorrow. Not in Seattle, but EVERY market.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correct call was not made but Detroit had plenty of time to make the missed call be irrelevant.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be damned. A smart and honest Cowboys fan. Kudos.. also on noting that face guarding is no longer a penalty. It's not. There must be contact, which there was. No it wasn't an egregious PI but it certainly qualified as PI. It was the picking up of the flag that was beyond the pale. Also what's the rule on helmetless players ? I know yanking your helmet off when on the field is an automatic unsportsmanlike conduct, but what about when a guy like Dez runs onto the field to argue with a ref ?

The Lions still had their chances and did nothing with them. But this one wasn't just one of your run of the mill bad calls. It will be interesting to hear what the NFl/officiating spokesman has to say about it.

I think most are arguing it wasn't the only thing that mattered in the game more so than the fact that it wasn't PI. Doesn't matter if Dez had a helmet on or not. Rule isn't about running onto the field without a helmet, it's about running onto the field at all. That was like a College basketball game when the coach comes out pissed and you just hope the ref gets how pissed he is and how big the spot is and doesn't throw the flag, but it certainly could have been called.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be an illegal use of hands & a PI offsetting each other. A PI is only when the ball is in the air, where the defender wouldn't have time to recover. if the push off happens with the ball in the air only one guy is being called for PI.

You're making assumptions ("where the defender wouldn't have time to recover"). Sometimes the ball is in the air for a few seconds. That's plenty of time for PI both ways. Just so I don't waste any more time, are you

1. saying that the rules don't allow for PI to be called both ways on the same play ?
2. saying that you've never seen it called that way ?
3. saying it has never been called that way ?

If 2, cool. There are probably many things you haven't seen.

If 1, prove it. Show us a link to this rule.

If 3, you're just full of shit because there's no way you could possibly know that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are more Seahawks fans that post on the gen than any other base these days. Of course they appear to be out in force. It's what they do.

This was a major event in a big time game. Do a quick google search and it's all the sports media is talking about in every corner of this country. It will be the story tomorrow. Not in Seattle, but EVERY market.

I don't see any other team board with a thread dedicated to missed calls in this game, just Seattle. Not even Detroit, except for one thread started by....a Seattle fan.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bent out of shape at all, just laughing at you for being mad bro. :suds:

You think I'm mad? This is a troll thread and I responded to a troll post with a troll response.

You are the only one being serious, bro.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man I hate that as a Dallas fan.

I also hate how I can't rub my eyes with my right hand because every finger has a damn superbowl ring on it. Glad you guys still have 4 free fingers :suds:

Hammers law!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I claimed it never happened. (never mentioned the rule book)
so how can I prove it never happened, if it never happened. You claim it has happened. Burden is now on you to show it happened :)
*tag your it*

Really?

there wouldn't be offsetting PI calls. It would be on one or the other, not both. Only way 3rd is replayed is if it was on offense & the penalty was excepted.

Way to back off your original statement.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have lost plenty because of bad calls in a game. I have no problem taking a win any way it comes. What comes around always goes around. If it happened in the early 3rd qtr does it change anything? No. Refs sucked all the around. Don't see all you hawk fans making a list of all those calls not in the boys favor today. We fans cant control the refs. Doesn't mean we cant be happy we won. Unless we really thought it was because it was fixed. Then we might feel dirty.
But I laugh at all those thinking the fix is in :heh:

Cowboy fans probably shouldn't care and take the win anyway. What fan base should be expected to not?

Fans having different opinions on these isn't new or unexpected.

There is no fix and anyone suggesting it is a fucking whack job. That crew had never worked together so issues should be expected.

Having said that, I don't see how they can throw the flag and then pick it up. If there was a face mask by the Lions receiver THEN CALL IT. What we clearly saw was face guarding and hands making contact with the receiver. CALL IT. If it should have been offsetting then so be it. Refs blew it. But no, I don't expect any Dallas fan to either agree with that or care that I (and most of the country) think that way.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt shocked to find out a Cowboy fan made this thread. Regardless the correct call was not made and also Dez Bryant could/should have been issued a flag for running onto the field and screaming at the officials.

Regardless Detroit scored 6 points after the 1st quarter, 3 in the 2nd half, blew a 13 point lead in the 3rd quarter, chose not run it on 3rd and 1, punted on 4th and 1 and then shanked the punt. Detroit had plenty of chances to close it out and didnt. With the way they dominated the 1st half it shouldnt have come down to that.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's naive to think there hasn't been fixed games when it's already been proven to happen in other major sports leagues in this country. A player/ref here and there might have been paid to throw a game, it's unavoidable in a multi billion dollar industry.

A league-wide conspiracy is not the case imo. Way too many people would be involved and somebody would have snitched about it by now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt shocked to find out a Cowboy fan made this thread. Regardless the correct call was not made and also Dez Bryant could/should have been issued a flag for running onto the field and screaming at the officials.

Regardless Detroit scored 6 points after the 1st quarter, 3 in the 2nd half, blew a 13 point lead in the 3rd quarter, chose not run it on 3rd and 1, punted on 4th and 1 and then shanked the punt. Detroit had plenty of chances to close it out and didnt. With the way they dominated the 1st half it shouldnt have come down to that.

I think this is the thought of all the logical ones on SportsHoopla.

Bad call but Detroit had their chances.

After the refs screw me on a call like that, no way in hell am I punting on 4th and 1 from about mid field

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, call me Geezer whack job! I don't know, nor does anybody if the games are fixed. It would not take much to do so but the the results of getting caught would be severe enough to warrant not taking the chance in the first place. Sort of like MAD. Mutually assured destruction.

What chaps my ass as it does most people is poor officiating even being an excuse for why teams lose. I love watching football but it ruins it when there is a call that obviously affects the outcome. I want it changed. I want the NFL to do whatever it has to do to prevent games, especially playoff games from having any controversy. I would guess just about every fanbase has plays and games where they were screwed and it leaves a really bad taste in your mouth.

How many fans watch their team play and the moment something good happens, their first thought is where's the flag. It should not be that way.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also hate how I can't rub my eyes with my right hand because every finger has a damn superbowl ring on it. Glad you guys still have 4 free fingers :suds:

I hope the temp at gametime in Green Bay is -20.

Those SBs were last Millenium.
What have you all done in the last 20 years ?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making assumptions ("where the defender wouldn't have time to recover"). Sometimes the ball is in the air for a few seconds. That's plenty of time for PI both ways. Just so I don't waste any more time, are you

1. saying that the rules don't allow for PI to be called both ways on the same play ?
2. saying that you've never seen it called that way ?
3. saying it has never been called that way ?

If 2, cool. There are probably many things you haven't seen.

If 1, prove it. Show us a link to this rule.

If 3, you're just full of shit because there's no way you could possibly know that.

I already stated I wasn't talking the wording of the rulebook. if you followed that A. Someone will spin the wording of the rule no matter what rule you were talking about & no matter what side of the debate you were on. I try to avoid that. Also obviously when I say it never happened. I am using my exp. of decades of watching football & nowadays the bazillion Football shows that would highlight such an anomaly.
so if the pct. is 99.9999999999999999999997% accurate. I am cool with say never as that would be more accurate than a DNA test LOL.
Keep in mind this whole thing started with a poster say it "would" offsetting penalties. & I explained to him his example would never be. the ref would choose one or the other. Also in my exp. if both players are getting into it, they usually don't throw a flag or pick it up claiming incidental contact. Again in my exp. never seen a play replayed for offsetting PIs. Again if the defender isn't pushed away far enough where he can recover, means they never really were separated. So if a PI is called the ref would choose one or the other. Even if the offensive guy actually created it, it is still usually called on defense. never heard of it being called on both.
So in the realm of logic & the beginning of this whole conversation. I would be correct in saying this play would never be called on both players. & I stand by those comments.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the thought of all the logical ones on SportsHoopla.

Bad call but Detroit had their chances.

After the refs screw me on a call like that, no way in hell am I punting on 4th and 1 from about mid field

nope, not against this D-line at that position, with that lead, and a RB that has been getting more than 1+ on every carry.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What position did you play, team fluffer?