• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that there are actual laws that prevent politicians from accepting gifts that could be perceived as quid pro quo, right?

I don't know if Christie did anything unethical, but your framing is more than a little absurd.
Most of your posts are absurd.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet no one was outraged in Seattle. :whistle:

Actually that play brought back the refs that were striking, so clearly there was some outrage .... That play actually had a positive impact on the season ... Let's not compare the impact of that play to what Detroit just went through .... They have no tomorrow this season ...

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says a fan of the team that has the immaculate reception to their credit.

Right - and Steelers fans understand the anger of Raider fans, we just don't agree. We're not mitigating their argument.

Raider fans have one of their own - 'Holy Roller' ring a bell?

What happened in Dallas was flat out wrong and there are a few issues here:

1) The DPI should have been called

2) The flag should not have been picked up.

3) Flags should NOT be picked up because the guilty side was unhappy.

If you're going to call it - stand by it, even if the guilty side is pissed.

It changed the game at a pivotal moment and Lions fans have a right to be pissed.

As I said, may the Cowboys see similar 'fair' officating in GB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right - and Steelers fans understand the anger of Raider fans, we just don't agree. We're not mitigating their argument.

It changed the game at a pivotal moment and Lions fans have a right to be pissed.

4) I hate Dallas:yahoo:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) I hate Dallas:yahoo:

:L

Yup...that has to be it. No one that doesn't hate Dallas can't come to the same conclusion I did.

Except maybe the ref commenting on the game for FOX.

As well as about a dozen other sports casters, sports writers, etc.

It's all just a conspiracy against the Cowboys. :rollseyes:

I hear the same from Pats fans with regard to Spygate and the same from Saints fans with regard to Bounty Gate.

Those teams weren't really guilty of anything - they were just being picked on.

Poor Dallas - always the victim.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that there are actual laws that prevent politicians from accepting gifts that could be perceived as quid pro quo, right?

I don't know if Christie did anything unethical, but your framing is more than a little absurd.

you do realize that politicians have many ways of getting around 'gifts'.

Or maybe you don't.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that play brought back the refs that were striking, so clearly there was some outrage .... That play actually had a positive impact on the season ... Let's not compare the impact of that play to what Detroit just went through .... They have no tomorrow this season ...

Oh, there was outrage - just not from Seattle.

No one there was pissed about the call. Your HC blew it off.

Just saying that if you're going to get upset when a ref blows a call like that - be upset when they blow ALL calls like that, and not just the ones that hurt you.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm very aware of that.

My framing is spot on. Being an investor in a company does not prevent you from having friends and sharing with them. If he broke a law, it will be uncovered.

This is all just anti-Dallas crap.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Yup...that has to be it. No one that doesn't hate Dallas can't come to the same conclusion I did.

Except maybe the ref commenting on the game for FOX.

As well as about a dozen other sports casters, sports writers, etc.

It's all just a conspiracy against the Cowboys. :rollseyes:

I hear the same from Pats fans with regard to Spygate and the same from Saints fans with regard to Bounty Gate.

Those teams weren't really guilty of anything - they were just being picked on.

Poor Dallas - always the victim.

"picked up the flag because the guilty party is unhappy".

That's some "I hate Dallas" sour grapes bullshit and everyone knows it. It's cool if you hate Dallas, get in line. At least own it.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Politics is sleazy by nature. You just now realized this?

No, I have experienced the sleeze for a very long time. I have never been blind or stupid enough to think one guy was better than another or this party was better than that one. They are good people when they start out with the intention of actually making things better. Somewhere along the line, the system and the money corrupts them and they become all the same.
That's another discussion. We would all like to fix it, we just can't agree on how.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, there was outrage - just not from Seattle.

No one there was pissed about the call. Your HC blew it off.

Just saying that if you're going to get upset when a ref blows a call like that - be upset when they blow ALL calls like that, and not just the ones that hurt you.

I think the call stunk! But the coach, nor the team, nor the fans can do anything about it. You just hate everything seattle.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. Let's be honest. Your 3 numbered points were all the same point!!! I'm sure if you found a given play in the game of your choice where there was, let's say, a blatant hold that wasn't called and you had access to these same people and asked them if it should have been called they would say yes also. I'm sure I could find 50 penalties not called in that very same game. And I guarantee you they wouldn't come to the same conclusion as you. Absolutely guarantee they wouldn't complain about a call and then say "may the Cowboys see similar 'fair' officating in GB". That is where your opinion gets thrown out as agenda driven...

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are the facts.

1. There was defensive holding on Hitchens. So, yes, that is a five yard penalty and a first down. This was missed but it happens in games.

2. Pettigrew had his hand in the face mask of Hitchens which is offensive PI and certainly led to the flag getting picked up. Also the fact that they looked like they were slap fighting each other didn't help.

3. Face masking by Hitchens, which is illegal in college, is not in the NFL. No penalty for that.

4. Dez doesn't enter into it as that has been explained by the refs and is acceptable if stupid of him to do.

So, in an ideal world it is off setting penalties and a replay of the down. The defensive hold was missed though and the ensuing slap fight and grasping of the face mask by Pettigrew made it very unclear regarding PI. The problem here is the nature of these all star official teams. There was a lack of communication and the head ref made the call before consulting with the officials. It made it seem weird and shady but if they had conferred first it would have been the normal stuff you see where a flag is thrown and then the ref announces there was no foul on the play.

There is still the fact that Detroit scored 3 points in the second half and that a field goal would have not saved them and they were not even in field goal range at that time and defensive holding doesn't put you in it. To say it determined a game with over 8 minutes to go is ridiculous. The Lions should have gone for it on 4th and 1 but they played scared and it got them in the end.

The Cowboys got the raw end of some calls and non calls too in that game. The difference is they sucked it up and kept going and won.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crooked or honest is all in how good your PR team spins it. Face it the Mafia and the Cartels are amateurs.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not wise to be up in that box given he is at least exploring a run at the WH, but who really cares who he roots for?

You really don't want to alienate any voter or donor in politics so it's not the smartest thing he has done.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that some people care about who sits in a suite. :L