• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now..

Thats fine, a week from now we can commiserate together. Nevermind. You have two favorite teams, lol. I think I will become a seahawks fan, sweet.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Seahawk fans were this upset about the fail mary call?

If the Seahawks were in this game and benefited from this call, they would do a complete 180 on it.

Not all Seattle fans felt that was a fair call ... But hey, it wasn't a playoff game, and someone's season didn't end that day... Stakes were much higher for Detroit ...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now..

Thats fine, a week from now we can commiserate together. Nevermind. You have two favorite teams, lol. I think I will become a seahawks fan, sweet.

No law against favourite teams is there?

A week from now "We're on to Seattle."

Dallas by 6....

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I am currently a huge seahawks and pats fan.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sure the hold or the facemask is a big deal if the refs simply "missed it" and never threw a flag. As mentioned, the fact that the DPI was called (by the back judge who HAS RESPONSIBILITY for that call), announced, marked off, then overruled by an official who DOES NOT have responsibility for the call ... that stirs the controversy.

There was so much missed on that one play, but it still wasn't the reason the Lions lost.

Sorry, but Lions ball first-and-ten on the Dallas 30 makes a HUGE difference in the game. The SOLE reason the Lions lost? No. But a KEY reason? Yes.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never affiliate myself with a group who's sole purpose in attending a ridiculously expensive football game is to stand and scream like an idiot the whole time, trying to be as loud as possible, instead of sitting comfortably and watching.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some discussion of being able to challenge everything. Not sure if it would work as it would maybe make the games longer. My first thought is not a great idea. But we have to make certain that bad officiating does not decide games. Especially in the playoffs. It has happened multiple times over the years and people lose jobs over it.

We also have to make sure that there is never an inkling or appearance of bias by the officials. I don't know how they do that but we have instant replay because of just this kind of poor officiating. So far it is not enough.

Totally agree! Don't allow more challenges but allow them to challenge everything. Use head office in the judgment calls if you have to. This way the on site official doesn't have to feel threatened by the home crowd just get the calls right!!!

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sure the hold or the facemask is a big deal if the refs simply "missed it" and never threw a flag. As mentioned, the fact that the DPI was called (by the back judge who HAS RESPONSIBILITY for that call), announced, marked off, then overruled by an official who DOES NOT have responsibility for the call ... that stirs the controversy.

Sorry, but Lions ball first-and-ten on the Dallas 30 makes a HUGE difference in the game. The SOLE reason the Lions lost? No. But a KEY reason? Yes.

At that point the Lions were up by 3.

If they don't gain another yard, it's a 47 yard FG and now they're up by 6.

They kickoff and it likely comes out to the 20, give or take a few yards.

That's a MUCH different scenerio than Dallas getting the ball at their 40 only down by 3.

Dallas got away with one - but that's not going to keep happening. Sooner or later luck runs out.

I hope the refs in Green Bay are just as 'fair' to the Cowboys as they were to the Lions.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boogiewithstu2007;6157097[B said:
]Not all Seattle fans felt that was a fair call[/B] ... But hey, it wasn't a playoff game, and someone's season didn't end that day... Stakes were much higher for Detroit ...

Yet no one was outraged in Seattle. :whistle:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to fix it, eliminate refs as much as possible.

:nono:

Make them full time and PAY THEM. The overall improvement would be HUGE. I wonder how many kick ass refs aren't in the league due to the BS they have to put up with and the lack of proper pay. Think about it.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At that point the Lions were up by 3.

If they don't gain another yard, it's a 47 yard FG and now they're up by 6.

They kickoff and it likely comes out to the 20, give or take a few yards.

That's a MUCH different scenerio than Dallas getting the ball at their 40 only down by 3.

Dallas got away with one - but that's not going to keep happening. Sooner or later luck runs out.

I hope the refs in Green Bay are just as 'fair' to the Cowboys as they were to the Lions.

Says a fan of the team that has the immaculate reception to their credit.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So investing in a company means you can't provide transportation and share your personal suite with a friend?

You do realize that there are actual laws that prevent politicians from accepting gifts that could be perceived as quid pro quo, right?

I don't know if Christie did anything unethical, but your framing is more than a little absurd.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So investing in a company means you can't provide transportation and share your personal suite with a friend?

This is the gift that keeps giving. If it's not bellyaching over the flag debacle then it's scouring for tidbits on CC and Jerry.

So pathetic.
Lots of Cowboys haters at SportsHoopla. :scratch: