• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize that politicians have many ways of getting around 'gifts'.

Or maybe you don't.

Of course they do. Which isn't really the point. I was pointing out the dubious nature of Ford's "What's wrong with a buddy buying another buddy some transportation so they can watch the game together" silliness.

Christie probably did nothing illegal but let's also not pretend that this some commonplace situation.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very aware of that.

My framing is spot on. Being an investor in a company does not prevent you from having friends and sharing with them. If he broke a law, it will be uncovered.

This is all just anti-Dallas crap.

This is only peripherally about Dallas. It's more about Christie.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe people are still bitching about this across so many threads.

Refs blew the call. Nothing new and most accept it. It was a game changing event and even most reasonable dallas fans can admit that. It is far too common anymore and way too many close games have these officiating blunders in them. Make the refs full time and pay them.

The game might have ended differently had they called it, but they also could have blown some other call down the stretch. Too many ifs to have any real discussion. What we do know is the Lions had a lot of time after that blown call to play championship caliber football and they failed to do so. I'd probably be pissed too if I was a Lions fan, but it's time to move on people. It happened and it's over.

Lots of great games coming up this weekend. Ravens/NE and GB/Dallas should produce something more to talk about. How far into the week before people talk about those games and not this same BS back and forth on a

:deadhorse:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So investing in a company means you can't provide transportation and share your personal suite with a friend?

Just pretend it's Rick Perry getting a blowjob from Jeffrey Lurie at an Eagles game after he used Texas' public funds to enrich the Eagles' owner. Maybe that will pull off your homer blinders a little bit. So pathetic indeed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full time refs: It would be nice if it changed anything, but I don't think these guys ever show that they don't know the rules, so what is being FT going to change? I'm not against the idea, but the calls that are blown during the games perhaps can be lessened by doing more games, but they already do all the games. What would be accompolished by making them FT? Classroom time doesn't seem to be the problem.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were Seahawk fans this outraged about the fail mary call? Yes or no?

I've seen the following responses by Seahawk fans regarding the fail mary:

(1) "It was the right call"
(2) "Officiating mistakes are just part of the game"
(3) "It didn't help the playoff seeding anyway"

The third line wasn't used until much later, as this game was a season opener. Before spouting that bullshit, they were all using the first two.

So again I ask, were you outraged (at the time) that the wrong team won that game on an officiating mistake? Did you whine non-stop about what a terrible job the referees did and that you should not have won that game? Did you flood message boards with your outrage over the referees?

The answer is NO, you didn't.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were Seahawk fans this outraged about the fail mary call? Yes or no?

I've seen the following responses by Seahawk fans regarding the fail mary:

(1) "It was the right call"
(2) "Officiating mistakes are just part of the game"
(3) "It didn't help the playoff seeding anyway"

The third line wasn't used until much later, as this game was a season opener. Before spouting that bullshit, they were all using the first two.

So again I ask, were you outraged (at the time) that the wrong team won that game on an officiating mistake? Did you whine non-stop about what a terrible job the referees did and that you should not have won that game? Did you flood message boards with your outrage over the referees?

The answer is NO, you didn't.

No, I sure didn't. That was a job for people like you.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never whined about an official's call on these threads as I consider it part of the game. These guys don't get it right all the time.

Name me ONE time your team had a penalty called against the other team, announced it, marked it off. Then decided it wasnt a penalty and reversed everything without explaining? Ill be waiting over there---->

I agree calls are missed all game long. This one wasnt. It was announced then changed. But yeah explain how your team was screwed this same way. Ill be waiting

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full time refs: It would be nice if it changed anything, but I don't think these guys ever show that they don't know the rules, so what is being FT going to change? I'm not against the idea, but the calls that are blown during the games perhaps can be lessened by doing more games, but they already do all the games. What would be accompolished by making them FT? Classroom time doesn't seem to be the problem.

You don't think they would attract a better all around group of officials by giving them full time positions? Not everyone can hold a regular job and work this crazy travel NFL thing you know.

Get the very best guys. Give them as much training as you can. Hold them accountable.

Works in most other jobs.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF, IF, IF anything is fixed then the evidence for the fix WOULD NOT be an obvious call or no call like the one you saw in Dallas last week.

Picking up a flag on a controversial play IS the worst way to fix a game (and not get caught) I could ever imagine.

Stop it. You're killing a fun, popular, albeit retarded narrative.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you if Dallas would have had a three point lead, had the ball and this very call go against them. Then Detroit scored with 2:32 to go in the game to take the lead, then Romo fumbled away the ball. The only thing you would be hearing right now is how bad Romo choked again. There would be no mention of the picked up flag. Haters are going to hate. I mean come on people the Lions still had the lead, was to damn chicken to go for it on 4th and one, couldn't stop Romo on 4th and 6 or third and goal from the 6. Not to mention didn't score a single TD the final three quarters, but this one call cost them the game. I guess you can all assume the lions even score if the call had stood, but you know what they say about assuming.

TWICE! Fumbled the ball away TWICE on the last drive.

You are spot on. No one would care about the call, they would be talking about Romo choking. Romo didn't choke, so the next best thing is to pick a single play and bitch about it.

Don't forget they could have also stopped Dallas on 4th and 1 from the goal line. Twice Dallas went for it on 4th and got it.

You guys cannot possibly believe that this call would not be a huge subject of debate if the teams were reversed. I don't know bigdeal, but fordman, you're smarter than that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the question in the OP.

No. No chance.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never affiliate myself with a group who's sole purpose in attending a ridiculously expensive football game is to stand and scream like an idiot the whole time, trying to be as loud as possible, instead of sitting comfortably and watching.....

If you think that is the sole purpose of what we do,yeah you wouldn't fit in very well at The Clink.
It's great to not have you on board.:suds:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking up the flag was certainly questionable. However, I am a little curious why the Seahawks fanbase appears to have more sand in their collective quims over the call than any other fanbase, including the Lions.

:noidea:

Not this Seahawk fan. I still lay the blame at the feet of the Lions punter and defense.

Truth be told, it was a terrible throw by Stafford. I HATE when refs bail out QBs who horribly underthrow the ball only to get a PI call to save their bacon.

The ball hit the defender in the back. No way Pettigrew is catching that regardless of whether there was a penalty.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never whined about an official's call on these threads as I consider it part of the game. These guys don't get it right all the time.

At that point the Lions were up by 3.

If they don't gain another yard, it's a 47 yard FG and now they're up by 6.

They kickoff and it likely comes out to the 20, give or take a few yards.

That's a MUCH different scenerio than Dallas getting the ball at their 40 only down by 3.

Dallas got away with one - but that's not going to keep happening. Sooner or later luck runs out.

I hope the refs in Green Bay are just as 'fair' to the Cowboys as they were to the Lions.

Great post. Not to mention if detroit had kicked a FG and dallas still scored, detroit wouldve only needed a FG on the last drive instead of a TD. play didnt lose the game for det but it still helped in the cause. Even funny here in chicago. The hated bears media people agree it was a horrid call. But they enjoyed when suh was crying.

Found it funny on around the horn that everyone BUT the dallas homer cowlishaw thought it was DPI. Pretty much everyone ive seen on TV thought it was DPI.

Also cant a reciever put his hands on the mask as long as they dont yank it? I know u can stiff arm the face mask and i thought it was only facemask if they yank it. As far as the guy couldnt turn his head to play the ball because hes being facemasked? Thats funny shit. 2 fingers on your mask and u cant turn your head. If anything id think u could turn it and then the facemasking would be obvious since turning your head would cause his fingers to yank the mask harder. But we all know, except cowboy fans, the so called facemask has nothing to do with the guy NOT turning his head to play the ball

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never affiliate myself with a group who's sole purpose in attending a ridiculously expensive football game is to stand and scream like an idiot the whole time, trying to be as loud as possible, instead of sitting comfortably and watching.....

You do realize every fan base does that, don't you? It's called Home Field Advantage.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I would be happy with the call, nor did I say Dallas didn't catch a break. I do not see PI on that play because Pettigrew had Hitchens by the facemask, hard to turn your head when you're being held by the facemask. What I did see that should have been called was holding on Hitchens. IMO as I have said earlier is the holding and facemask should have been called and offsetting penalties should have been a third down do over. The call wasn't made, but it still wasn't the reason the Lions lost. There is no guarantee the lions pick up the first down or score after that. The Lions made to many mistakes after that call no call. Shanked punt, gave up a first down on 4th and 6, and a touchdown on third and goal from the 7. Then fumbled not once but twice with the game on the line. Also you act like there was a big difference in seeding, the Lions were 11-5 dallas 12-4, these teams were evenly matched and had the seeding been and result been reversed you can bet your bottom dollar it would have been Romo choked.

So what about the 15 yd penalty for dez running on the field? Just act like it didnt happen?

And dont act like 2 fingers on the facemask wont let u ATTEMPT to turn your head. He didnt even try.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:noidea:

Maybe you should find a new sport to follow? Cricket? Softball?

Thats why the NBA is boring compared to college. Sports are supposed to be rowdy. Its called homefield advantage.

Guess we should go to football games and clap like were the rich people at a play. Be quiet until the APPLAUSE sign comes on. Maybe have tea and crackers. Make it a blk tie event too while were at it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they would attract a better all around group of officials by giving them full time positions? Not everyone can hold a regular job and work this crazy travel NFL thing you know.

Get the very best guys. Give them as much training as you can. Hold them accountable.

Works in most other jobs.

I don't know, maybe. The salaries are pretty good for the amount of time they work already. I think they get a pretty decent group of guys. My guess is you'd just pay the same guys more money if you did that. I guess I just think that the benefit of 80" screens and 4K instant replay that gets frozen and replayed 50 times in a million households is going to expose any errors and that any human being that takes the job and needs to make the call at full speed while running and watching multiple things is going to make mistakes. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it just to see if it works. Worst case scenario it's the same. Best case scenario it gets better. BUT,,,my gut tells it doesn't change anything.

At risk of sounding like Jed York, I would like to see some guys that aren't 70 years old and unable to keep up with the play out there, but do also like when they go into a back peddle and end up on their ass...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also cant a reciever put his hands on the mask as long as they dont yank it? I know u can stiff arm the face mask and i thought it was only facemask if they yank it. As far as the guy couldnt turn his head to play the ball because hes being facemasked?

That's true. The rule requires a "twist, turn, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction" for it to be a penalty. A quick grasp of the facemask is no foul... in fact the rule explicitly states that. Blandino said he thought it was incidental. That's arguable, I suppose.