• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Seahawk fans were this upset about the fail mary call?

If the Seahawks were in this game and benefited from this call, they would do a complete 180 on it.
The fail mary was a regular season game that didn't prevent GB from making it to the playoffs. If you don't see the difference between calls that end your season and those that don't this might be too big of a topic for you. A better example would be SB40 and you bet our fans weren't happy about that.

Games where Seattle did get a call their way? Feel bad for the controversy, but take the win and move on. I'm not sure I can come up with any in the post season though.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this Seahawk fan. I still lay the blame at the feet of the Lions punter and defense.

Truth be told, it was a terrible throw by Stafford. I HATE when refs bail out QBs who horribly underthrow the ball only to get a PI call to save their bacon.

The ball hit the defender in the back. No way Pettigrew is catching that regardless of whether there was a penalty.

I wouldn't call it the refs bailing out the QB. All the defender had to do was look back at the ball. It drives me more nuts when a defender never turns his head to see where the ball is. Patrick Peterson does it all the time and it makes me crazy.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call it the refs bailing out the QB. All the defender had to do was look back at the ball. It drives me more nuts when a defender never turns his head to see where the ball is. Patrick Peterson does it all the time and it makes me crazy.

The ball still needs to be catchable.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what about the 15 yd penalty for dez running on the field? Just act like it didnt happen?

And dont act like 2 fingers on the facemask wont let u ATTEMPT to turn your head. He didnt even try.

It has already been explained repeatedly that Dez was not considered an active player so the rule did not apply to him. He was treated like the coaches who run out on the field arguing. The referee will tell them to get back and if they fail to do so they will issue a penalty. Dez ran on to the field, ref told him to get back, Dez did, and no penalty was called.

The point is this stuff is bang bang fast. They miss a Hitchens defensive hold earlier in the play, this I will grant you and it is the penalty the NFL says they missed, They see Hitchens facemaking Pettigrew which is not a penalty, they see pettigrew with his hand on his facemask, then they see Hitchens slapping his hand to get it off of his mask, they scuffle and the ball drills Hitchens in the back. This all takes place in the space of a couple of seconds and you make a judgment call based on this. It's nice that we have the benefit of looking at the play from 40 angles for 8 hours in super slow mo to find every little thing that happens but the officials on the field don't and they are not robots.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

Maybe you should find a new sport to follow? Cricket? Softball?

Thats why the NBA is boring compared to college. Sports are supposed to be rowdy. Its called homefield advantage.

Guess we should go to football games and clap like were the rich people at a play. Be quiet until the APPLAUSE sign comes on. Maybe have tea and crackers. Make it a blk tie event too while were at it.

They already do that at Levi stadium.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has already been explained repeatedly that Dez was not considered an active player so the rule did not apply to him. He was treated like the coaches who run out on the field arguing. The referee will tell them to get back and if they fail to do so they will issue a penalty. Dez ran on to the field, ref told him to get back, Dez did, and no penalty was called.

The point is this stuff is bang bang fast. They miss a Hitchens defensive hold earlier in the play, this I will grant you and it is the penalty the NFL says they missed, They see Hitchens facemaking Pettigrew which is not a penalty, they see pettigrew with his hand on his facemask, then they see Hitchens slapping his hand to get it off of his mask, they scuffle and the ball drills Hitchens in the back. This all takes place in the space of a couple of seconds and you make a judgment call based on this. It's nice that we have the benefit of looking at the play from 40 angles for 8 hours in super slow mo to find every little thing that happens but the officials on the field don't and they are not robots.

Sorry i couldnt get past the dez was treated as a coach. Ummmmm why?:noidea:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny article on cbs on who thinks call was right and who thought it was wrong

Pretty much only dallas fans and lebron thought it was right. Everyone else? Well u kno. They seen wat everyone else did. Boys fans just dont want to admit it. Stuck on the bs facemask THAT WASNT CALLED.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much only dallas fans and lebron thought it was right. Everyone else? Well u kno. They seen wat everyone else did. Boys fans just dont want to admit it. Stuck on the bs facemask THAT WASNT CALLED.

Exactly. Of course, the Lions could have played better in other aspects of the game and still won. NO ONE IS DEBATING THAT. But to act like the play wasn't extremely impactful on the game and go against 99% of the football world who agree it was DPI is simply having your "America's Team" blinders on.

Yes, there was contact by both players. Yes, Pettigrew BRIEFLY had his hand on Hitchens' face mask (which Blandino correctly stated is NOT a penalty). The key aspect of the play is that, while the ball is in the air, 7-8 feet from Pettigrew, Hitchens still hasn't ever played the ball, and he gives Pettigrew a hard thump to the shoulder. REALLY hard to call that incidental contact. The only, ONLY thing I'll give the deniers is that Stafford's pass was slightly underthrown. But in the National Flag League, the play is DPI almost all the time. The back judge got it right, and 99% of the football world (outside of Cowboy fandom) agrees.

And in the interest of moving on and not succumbing to "last word" syndrome, this is my final post on the subject.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fail mary was a regular season game that didn't prevent GB from making it to the playoffs. If you don't see the difference between calls that end your season and those that don't this might be too big of a topic for you. A better example would be SB40 and you bet our fans weren't happy about that.

Games where Seattle did get a call their way? Feel bad for the controversy, but take the win and move on. I'm not sure I can come up with any in the post season though.

well your team doesn't have much post season history, so that's understandable.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not wise to be up in that box given he is at least exploring a run at the WH, but who really cares who he roots for?

You really don't want to alienate any voter or donor in politics so it's not the smartest thing he has done.

Michigan voters probably have a different vision of Christie now, at least the Lion fans who vote. Not to mention the Giant, jets and Eagles fans as well.

Team loyalty cuts deep.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that is the sole purpose of what we do,yeah you wouldn't fit in very well at The Clink.
It's great to not have you on board.:suds:

I know it's your sole purpose.

You gots to beat KC.....

It's great not to be on board.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

Guess we should go to football games and clap like were the rich people at a play. Be quiet until the APPLAUSE sign comes on. Maybe have tea and crackers. Make it a blk tie event too while were at it.

Now you're talking.

And it's Apple Sauce by the way.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty smart move, if you're going to run for the white house align yourself with America's team.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what about the 15 yd penalty for dez running on the field? Just act like it didnt happen?

And dont act like 2 fingers on the facemask wont let u ATTEMPT to turn your head. He didnt even try.

Well it was explained today by the VP of officiating that there is no rule against a player running on the field to argue a call. His interview is posted on CBS go read it. As for the call, its still not why the Lions lost, they sucked up the final 3 quarters with a measly 6 points, had 2:32 left and all three timeouts and fumbled not once but twice on the final drive. Its funny that none of you mention the BS calls against Dallas in the first half.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty smart move, if you're going to run for the white house align yourself with America's team.

Christie has zero chance of getting the GOP nod.

He has the political instincts of Pontious Pilate.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas earned their victory

So I saw the whole Lions-Cowboys game with no volume so Im a bit surprised to see everyone talking about the refs. Yeah, the refs grabbed a flag sometime halfway in the 4th quarter and there was a lot of football played after that. It was a penalty....it was a ticky/tack penalty, though. Not as bad as an Oregon CB tackling a Florida St WR in the endzone but it should've been called.

But lets face it: even if the flag was called, Stafford would've come short and Dallas would've gone the other way. Dallas basically gave Detroit a gift fumble and a gift running into the kicker in the 1st quarter and Dallas still won.

Jim Caldwell is a bad coach and Stafford is not an elite QB. I don't like the Cowboys much but they earned it and its done. The Cowboys oline was a wall at the end of the game and Romo had time to look over the field twice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just mailed you the check for the agreed upon $20. Thanks

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the refs handed the cowboys the game either. The cowboys deserved the win, they were the better team. The lions squandered many opportunities and the cowboys like a good team capitalized on it. I didnt expect the lions to even be remotely close in this game as the cowboys are a much better team, so I think that makes it sting even more that they threw away such a huge opportunity. But any cowboys fan saying that non penalty wasnt huge is in denial.

I would say the Lions were a better team, but I will say they were the best team on the field that day (Not including the officials). I don't blame the Cowboys, but to their fans that don't wish to admit the truth ... I say

horse-shit.jpg