• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs and the NFL are feeling mighty guilty. There was a lot of holding happening on this particular drive though, and I agree that it is somewhat odd to single out one hold like this. I think they are just feeling the pressure of the public, which is questioning the integrity of the officiating after this poorly officiated game.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny article on cbs on who thinks call was right and who thought it was wrong

Pretty much only dallas fans and lebron thought it was right. Everyone else? Well u kno. They seen wat everyone else did. Boys fans just dont want to admit it. Stuck on the bs facemask THAT WASNT CALLED.

Don't forget Cris Carter too. He thought it was called correctly no penalty. And of course we all know how unbiased he is when it comes to the Lions...:whistle:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we just leave sports out of politics? Sure it would be smart that the Governor of New Jersey to root for the "hometown" teams but hell he was a fan of the Cowboys LONG before he took office... Just because now he is in New Jersey he should root for them? and as far as the owners box things goes, who cares? or why should we care? I would also be there in a heart beat regardless of the position I held.

First off, Christie is a born and raised Garden Stater.

Regardless, as I said earlier in this thread. It isn't so much that he supports the Cowboys. Mike Bloomberg is a Red Sox fan and no one really cared.

It's that he is flaunting it.

When it's all said and done this isn't that big a deal. But I can tell you that every Giant fan friend of mine is pretty pissed off at him right now.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regardless, as I said earlier in this thread. It isn't so much that he supports the Cowboys. Mike Bloomberg is a Red Sox fan and no one really cared.

When it's all said and done this isn't that big a deal. But I can tell you that every Giant fan friend of mine is pretty pissed off at him right now.

ummmm ... that would be a rather presumptuous assumption ...

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get your talking points from Debbie Wasserman Schultz?

Debbie Wasserman Schultz, has no idea who Pontius Pilate is so I'm guessing that would be a 'no'....heel, I bet if you asked her who Ponius Pilate is she'd reply: "Um, I don't know - a cocky aviator?" THAT'S how smart she is.......

For the record, I don't like Christie and I'm a Conservative.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can tell you that every Giant fan friend of mine is pretty pissed off at him right now.

I bet he doesn't give a damn.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any sport that involves wagering can be compromised....especially if left to the judges or refs. Is it a sure thing? Of course not but in a tight game a few biased calls can go a long way to altering the result. I think that they should let the head office make the decisions just like they do in the NHL plus open it up to anything being reviewable. It sure would make me feel a lot better when the Fins play in NE....

The problem is that no one ref in football really has that much influence. Look at it at more broadly.

Say I am Tommy Bones a big time organized crime guy looking to get the fix in on a game. How would I even go about it? Pay the head ref off? Pay one of the judges? How could I have a realistic expectation that the ref could actually affect the outcome of the game in any meaningful way? Not to mention that the NFL isn't some random event that is sparsely viewed with limited camera exposure. 70,000 fans watching live. Millions watching TV. Cameras everywhere.

The risks far outweigh the potential gains.

Even basketball only has limited potential for refs to alter the outcome and that is by far the most easily affected game by the refs.

If you want to fix a match, go after the players.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is greatly disturbing to me.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really should issue statements about not calling running into the Dallas kicker then. Then there is Williams getting called for OPI when he got shoved into the defender.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont lose a game on one call. Never, ever.

to think otherwise is to disregard the other 99% of the game: all the sweat, effort, and skill means nothing.

Detroit lost because they only scored 3 points in the second half; because they turned the ball over, because Stafford did not make the throws when needed, and because of poor decisions.

Dallas won the game, because of a big 4th and 6, because of turnovers, and because Romo made the passes when they needed them.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he should since they are the people that voted him into office.

Didn't matter when they elected him, shouldn't matter now.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refs are pussies for even bringing it up