• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image-19.jpg

I can do that too.

:clap: Good for you, it just goes to show how many calls are missed a game. If they called them all there would never be a yard gained.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw the whole Lions-Cowboys game with no volume so Im a bit surprised to see everyone talking about the refs. Yeah, the refs grabbed a flag sometime halfway in the 4th quarter and there was a lot of football played after that. It was a penalty....it was a ticky/tack penalty, though. Not as bad as an Oregon CB tackling a Florida St WR in the endzone but it should've been called.

But lets face it: even if the flag was called, Stafford would've come short and Dallas would've gone the other way. Dallas basically gave Detroit a gift fumble and a gift running into the kicker in the 1st quarter and Dallas still won.

Jim Caldwell is a bad coach and Stafford is not an elite QB. I don't like the Cowboys much but they earned it and its done. The Cowboys oline was a wall at the end of the game and Romo had time to look over the field twice.

I don't know that Caldwell is bad, but not going for it on 4th and 1 was a chickenshit move at a time Detroit had every reason to play like they had a pair instead of a team got lucky in numerous games this season and finally ran out of luck. He coached not to lose instead of to win. We're not supposed to say it, but it's true.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw the whole Lions-Cowboys game with no volume so Im a bit surprised to see everyone talking about the refs. Yeah, the refs grabbed a flag sometime halfway in the 4th quarter and there was a lot of football played after that. It was a penalty....it was a ticky/tack penalty, though. Not as bad as an Oregon CB tackling a Florida St WR in the endzone but it should've been called.

But lets face it: even if the flag was called, Stafford would've come short and Dallas would've gone the other way. Dallas basically gave Detroit a gift fumble and a gift running into the kicker in the 1st quarter and Dallas still won.

Jim Caldwell is a bad coach and Stafford is not an elite QB. I don't like the Cowboys much but they earned it and its done. The Cowboys oline was a wall at the end of the game and Romo had time to look over the field twice.

If the penalty sticks, Detroit is on the Dallas 30 and in FG range. If they don't gain another yard Detroit kicks the FG and goes up by 6 instead of just 3.

The kickoff, more than likely, comes out to the 20 - give or take a few yards. Dallas has to now go 80 for the win.

And even if they get the TD, all Detroit has to do is get a FG in return as Dallas would have been up by just 1 point.

Yeah - the call was HUGE.

Dallas got away with one - and I'm hoping the Packers humiliate them in GB.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that Caldwell is bad, but not going for it on 4th and 1 was a chickenshit move at a time Detroit had every reason to play like they had a pair instead of a team got lucky in numerous games this season and finally ran out of luck. He coached not to lose instead of to win. We're not supposed to say it, but it's true.

Hello?

hermedwards_youplaytowinthegame.gif

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the penalty sticks, Detroit is on the Dallas 30 and in FG range. If they don't gain another yard Detroit kicks the FG and goes up by 6 instead of just 3.

The kickoff, more than likely, comes out to the 20 - give or take a few yards. Dallas has to now go 80 for the win.

And even if they get the TD, all Detroit has to do is get a FG in return as Dallas would have been up by just 1 point.

Yeah - the call was HUGE.

Dallas got away with one - and I'm hoping the Packers humiliate them in GB.
Dallas earned this win and the officials calls didn't have any affect on the outcome.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably has something to do with them getting all the calls in the second half. Don't you think?

How many times in the second half did we see Suh's jersey being pulled away from his body, or a cross-arm bar across his chest holding him back - and no flag?

You got lucky and it wont keep happening.

This week, Green Bay should shred you.

Yup the NFL notified the lions that the refs missed a call on the 4th and 6 saying suh was held

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was explained today by the VP of officiating that there is no rule against a player running on the field to argue a call. His interview is posted on CBS go read it. As for the call, its still not why the Lions lost, they sucked up the final 3 quarters with a measly 6 points, had 2:32 left and all three timeouts and fumbled not once but twice on the final drive. Its funny that none of you mention the BS calls against Dallas in the first half.

Yup maybe if we had the refs help like the holding of suh on 4th and 6 maybe stafford couldve driven them for a TD drive like romo did. Just think if the call wasnt reversed we might of at least kicked a FG. Then stafford wouldve only needed a FG. But we didnt have the help of the refs like the boys did.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup maybe if we had the refs help like the holding of suh on 4th and 6 maybe stafford couldve driven them for a TD drive like romo did. Just think if the call wasnt reversed we might of at least kicked a FG. Then stafford wouldve only needed a FG. But we didnt have the help of the refs like the boys did.

Uh Stafford had a chance to do just that yet he fumbled.......twice.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? One of those calls was because the Lions held the running back so bad he was dragged to the ground. Wow how haters see things different.:omg:

Well why were the lions informed today that the refs missed a blatant hold on suh on 4th and 6? Did the NFL notify dallas about any missed calls? I doubt it

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well why were the lions informed today that the refs missed a blatant hold on suh on 4th and 6? Did the NFL notify dallas about any missed calls? I doubt it

Uh no need, Dallas won. Had Dallas lost then probably so.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were not complaining about missed calls. Were mad that the penalty flag was thrown. Call was announced. Marked it off. Let players walk downfield. Then let some ref 45 yds away over rule the call. Thats why were mad

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were not complaining about missed calls. Were mad that the penalty flag was thrown. Call was announced. Marked it off. Let players walk downfield. Then let some ref 45 yds away over rule the call. Thats why were mad

I get that, and I would be too. Trust me Dallas has lost there fair share of games on BS calls, just like I'm sure the lions have. Its not the first and probably won't be the last.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers will stomp the cowboys. Eyes will be watching. Hard for the refs to have the fix in for this one. NFL wanted GB/dallas over car/gb and det/sea. The ice bowl 2 is what they wanted.