• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is 3 and 1, you are in the lead and around midfield (not FG range, not punt range), and you aren't planning on going for it on 4th and 1 then don't try a fade to a TE downfield.

Caldwell just showed that he isn't a good coach there.

Agreed, I brought tha up somewhere..maybe in this thread. Lions have CJ, tate, bell, bush on arguably the biggest play of the season for them and they throw it to pettigrew who had ten fucking catches the entire season. Thats an extremely low perentage play.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you if Dallas would have had a three point lead, had the ball and this very call go against them. Then Detroit scored with 2:32 to go in the game to take the lead, then Romo fumbled away the ball. The only thing you would be hearing right now is how bad Romo choked again. There would be no mention of the picked up flag. Haters are going to hate. I mean come on people the Lions still had the lead, was to damn chicken to go for it on 4th and one, couldn't stop Romo on 4th and 6 or third and goal from the 6. Not to mention didn't score a single TD the final three quarters, but this one call cost them the game. I guess you can all assume the lions even score if the call had stood, but you know what they say about assuming.

So as a dallas fan, you would have been alright with witten being clearly interfered with on the most crucial play of the season for you, the penalty called, ball placed down field, then have the call reversed after suh runs on the field sans helmet to argue? With no explanation from the refs? If so you are full of shit. Its hard to say the lions choked when they were playing the game on the road as the six seed. Its easier to say the cowboys choke if they lose their home game as the three seed. Reverse those fields and seeds and everyone would have said the lions choked. Its hard to say a team choked when they are 8 point dogs tho.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whining and crying about a perceived penalty has gotten stale.

I think most lions fans wouldnt be so bothered if cowboys fans woud admit that it was a huge mistake by the refs and it was critical in the outcome of the game. Cowboys won, but you all are acting like i wasnt close and that play didn matter when very clearly it did. Many of you are trying to talk about the cowboys getting jobbed on supposedly questionable calls when in reality there was one big ref mistake that changed the outcome and it went against detroit. There were none of that magnitude against dallas, and if dallas had lost because of these supposed bad calls the nation wouldnt be talking about it nonstop because they werent controversial calls at all.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is going to get pounded next week. Before the detroit game I had them destroying detroit and they should have, being at home and the better team. I also had the cowboys as my super bowl fave before the lions game, but its hard to have any faith in them now. They almost lost a game a home which they were heavily favored and needed massive help from the refs to win. seattle is 20 times better than detroit and playing at home.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as a dallas fan, you would have been alright with witten being clearly interfered with on the most crucial play of the season for you, the penalty called, ball placed down field, then have the call reversed after suh runs on the field sans helmet to argue? With no explanation from the refs? If so you are full of shit. Its hard to say the lions choked when they were playing the game on the road as the six seed. Its easier to say the cowboys choke if they lose their home game as the three seed. Reverse those fields and seeds and everyone would have said the lions choked. Its hard to say a team choked when they are 8 point dogs tho.

I never said I would be happy with the call, nor did I say Dallas didn't catch a break. I do not see PI on that play because Pettigrew had Hitchens by the facemask, hard to turn your head when you're being held by the facemask. What I did see that should have been called was holding on Hitchens. IMO as I have said earlier is the holding and facemask should have been called and offsetting penalties should have been a third down do over. The call wasn't made, but it still wasn't the reason the Lions lost. There is no guarantee the lions pick up the first down or score after that. The Lions made to many mistakes after that call no call. Shanked punt, gave up a first down on 4th and 6, and a touchdown on third and goal from the 7. Then fumbled not once but twice with the game on the line. Also you act like there was a big difference in seeding, the Lions were 11-5 dallas 12-4, these teams were evenly matched and had the seeding been and result been reversed you can bet your bottom dollar it would have been Romo choked.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most lions fans wouldnt be so bothered if cowboys fans woud admit that it was a huge mistake by the refs and it was critical in the outcome of the game. Cowboys won, but you all are acting like i wasnt close and that play didn matter when very clearly it did. Many of you are trying to talk about the cowboys getting jobbed on supposedly questionable calls when in reality there was one big ref mistake that changed the outcome and it went against detroit. There were none of that magnitude against dallas, and if dallas had lost because of these supposed bad calls the nation wouldnt be talking about it nonstop because they werent controversial calls at all.

Did this call have anything to do with a scoring play? No.

A 10 yard punt by the lions and a 11 play drive by the Cowboys changed the outcome.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is going to get pounded next week. Before the detroit game I had them destroying detroit and they should have, being at home and the better team. I also had the cowboys as my super bowl fave before the lions game, but its hard to have any faith in them now. They almost lost a game a home which they were heavily favored and needed massive help from the refs to win. seattle is 20 times better than detroit and playing at home.

So you have them beating GB I guess?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. Seems like 0.05% of Dallas fans want to admit that the call was crap, when 99.95% of the football world says it was. Did Dallas play the better game ultimately, outside that call? Yes. But the honest fan has to say "we lucked out on that flag being picked up."

I think you hit a couple keys. Dallas ultimately did play the better game which is why I take offense to the comments that they ONLY won because of the non-call.

Of course we lucked out by the flag being picked up. I would have probably throw the flag on Hitchens even though I don't think the contact was as bad as many are making it out to be. I know face guarding is not supposed to even matter at all because it must also include contact that impedes the receiver and this contact would make it PI with or without the face guarding, but past practice tells us that face guarding brings extra attention to the defender and thus makes it more likely for PI to be called even if hte contact seems incidental. I feel that whether it was called or not with all that happened is at least up for debate to some degree. What makes it crazy is the way it happened. That was embarrassing for the NFL and I think the way they grouped the refs together was part of the problem. One ref throwing the flag and then being over ruled is tough enough. You need to be really sure that it wasn't PI to over rule him. The really crazy part is the ref announces the call and they start marking it off. In a big spot in a big game, you now have to be CERTAIN that the call was wrong to overrule it and I don't think you can say that. But even if a fan wants to say the ultimate call was correct, I think they must admit Dallas "lucked out" just by the way it went down.

At this point, there is really nothing left to discuss that hasn't already been done. Onto GB!!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A 10 yard punt by the lions and a 11 play drive by the Cowboys changed the outcome.

I know it's hindsight and dont like to play the "what if" game, but If Caldwell had gone for it on 4 and 1?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That punt would have never happened. How in the world are cowboys fans downplaying this. Makes you look bad. You guys won, I knew you were the better team going into it. You did what you had to do and made a great comeback. The lions failed to execute often. I can admit it. Why is it so hard for YOU and the other cowboys fans to admit that call was a huge mess up?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have them beating GB I guess?

Yes, I think that game comes down to home field advantage. Im no expert though, like I said I originally had the cowboys losing to the pats because I thought the boys were great and awesome on the road...but they didnt look very good against detroit so who knows.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I would be happy with the call, nor did I say Dallas didn't catch a break. I do not see PI on that play because Pettigrew had Hitchens by the facemask, hard to turn your head when you're being held by the facemask. What I did see that should have been called was holding on Hitchens. IMO as I have said earlier is the holding and facemask should have been called and offsetting penalties should have been a third down do over. The call wasn't made, but it still wasn't the reason the Lions lost. There is no guarantee the lions pick up the first down or score after that. The Lions made to many mistakes after that call no call. Shanked punt, gave up a first down on 4th and 6, and a touchdown on third and goal from the 7. Then fumbled not once but twice with the game on the line. Also you act like there was a big difference in seeding, the Lions were 11-5 dallas 12-4, these teams were evenly matched and had the seeding been and result been reversed you can bet your bottom dollar it would have been Romo choked.

I could be wrong but isnt defensive holding an automatic first down? Its just the way it all went down. Ive never, ever seen a penalty called after a flag was thrown only to be taken back after a player on the team runs on the field to argue it, much less in a playoff game at a very critical stage where there was really no reason to overturn the call. Followed by no explanation. Very suspect.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That punt would have never happened. How in the world are cowboys fans downplaying this. Makes you look bad. You guys won, I knew you were the better team going into it. You did what you had to do and made a great comeback. The lions failed to execute often. I can admit it. Why is it so hard for YOU and the other cowboys fans to admit that call was a huge mess up?

It was a complete debacle. And a very bad break for Detroit.
But I sure as heck don't see it as the refs handing the game to the Cowboys.

And the Cowboys really made some super dumb mistakes that Detroit failed to capitalize on.

Romo's sack that pushes the field goal back 15 yards give or take ..missed field goal.
We sack Stafford. ...and fumble the ball right back to you.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think NFL games are rigged completely because both teams still have to play, but I wouldn't rule out games being officiated a certain way to favor certain teams.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a complete debacle. And a very bad break for Detroit.
But I sure as heck don't see it as the refs handing the game to the Cowboys.

And the Cowboys really made some super dumb mistakes that Detroit failed to capitalize on.

Romo's sack that pushes the field goal back 15 yards give or take ..missed field goal.
We sack Stafford. ...and fumble the ball right back to you.

I dont think the refs handed the cowboys the game either. The cowboys deserved the win, they were the better team. The lions squandered many opportunities and the cowboys like a good team capitalized on it. I didnt expect the lions to even be remotely close in this game as the cowboys are a much better team, so I think that makes it sting even more that they threw away such a huge opportunity. But any cowboys fan saying that non penalty wasnt huge is in denial.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but isnt defensive holding an automatic first down? Its just the way it all went down. Ive never, ever seen a penalty called after a flag was thrown only to be taken back after a player on the team runs on the field to argue it, much less in a playoff game at a very critical stage where there was really no reason to overturn the call. Followed by no explanation. Very suspect.

Yes defensive holding is a first down, but you are forgetting the facemask on Pettigrew. That offsets the holding. Best case it should have been third and 1 again. I do agree the way they did it bas BS, it was the strangest thing I've ever seen in a game. As for it being taken back, I don't think that had anything to do with Dez running on the field to argue. It had everything to do with the officials not agreeing with each other and failed communication. There was so much missed on that one play, but it still wasn't the reason the Lions lost. I do feel your pain and understand your frustration, I'm a Cowboy fan and have seen my share of lost seasons. Good Luck next season.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to accuse this game of being fixed, or any other in particular. But it's naive to completely dismiss the idea of corruption when big money gambling is heavily involved, in anything.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee there are corrupt refs. We saw what happened in the NBA and honestly I think he was the tip of the iceberg and took the fall. The prolem with both football and basketball is that the leagues have been orchestrated so that the refs are making many of these calls based on their discretion. Calls in the nba and nfl need to be reviewable and objective unfortunately because where huge, huge money is concerned there will always be temptation to collude, and it will and is happening. Its sad that this system has to be put into place to prevent collusion. What happened in the detroit/dallas game was a perfect illustration of something that just made no sense, and when things dont make sense to fans that have watched the game their entire lives, something is fishy. It was just like the whole process thing, I used to know what a catch was as did every other fan. But then the league decided that the refs would decide if it was a catch based on some weird stringent guidelines that make no sense to even the most dedicated fans. Theres no accountability for refs either, something stinks. Its not just the lions, all teams are getting hosed at some point or another because some fat cats somewhere are pocketing the money.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I ask myself, what would Belichik say?

"We're on to Green Bay....."

"But that non-penalty?"

"We're on the Green Bay."