• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't start it but you did go out of your way to contribute to the idiocy. Good job there!

Look: Seattle fans didn't create this controversy and they are not the only ones discussing it. Go to any sports related site and it is being talked about by everyone. The big difference on SportsHoopla us that there are more 9er and Seahawks fans posting than all other fanbases combined but the 9er fans have been pretty quiet in recent weeks.

So keep on focusing on the fanbase like a bunch of morons when it has nothing at all to do with the issue. The refs handled the situation poorly and there is no accountability in the NFL for the refs. That is the issue, not who is discussing it.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......and just to note I have no problem in saying that the refs handled the so called failmary situation poorly, just like they did in this situation. I guess that shoots a hole in your ridiculous vague generalization?

Is there anyone here who thinks that the refs handled the situation well? Anyone that thinks that they did a good job during this play? Even if you think they got everything correct in the end (They didn't. Even the NFL stated this in their press release) you can't really believe it was handled like it should have been.

So why whine about fanbases when it has nothing to do with the subject? It's just plain stupid.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lions fan I may be biased. Just like the CJ process bullshit several years back this one was devastating as well. Clearly PI, defender wasnt even looking for the ball. Thats always called. Anyhow why the lions chose to throw to pettigrew who was non existent as a WR on possibly the biggest play of the game for them should probably also warrant discussion.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty hysterical. There was a holding call on Witten that brought back a TD and running into the punter call that was very questionable. If the Cowboys had lost and then whined about those calls, there would have been crickets. The PI call went Dallas' way, but when it happened, the Lions had the lead and the ball. As you said, move on and win

Neither of those were questionable. Dallas played the better game, they won...but cowboys fans acting like that wasnt shiesty? Just admit it was an awful call. None of you have any credibility trying to defend that.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. DET put up two quick TD's and then didn't do anything but a couple of ugly FG's for the next 3.5 quarters.

But that one play. Man, if they could have just got that one call...THAT was the difference. :pound:

But at the same time dallas looked like absolute trash as well half the game. So..what were you saying? Logic, bro.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't start it but you did go out of your way to contribute to the idiocy. Good job there!

Look: Seattle fans didn't create this controversy and they are not the only ones discussing it. Go to any sports related site and it is being talked about by everyone. The big difference on SportsHoopla us that there are more 9er and Seahawks fans posting than all other fanbases combined but the 9er fans have been pretty quiet in recent weeks.

So keep on focusing on the fanbase like a bunch of morons when it has nothing at all to do with the issue. The refs handled the situation poorly and there is no accountability in the NFL for the refs. That is the issue, not who is discussing it.

Apparently this part just goes over some people's heads.

I think we can all agree that the Fail Mary call was bad, but here's the thing about that game.

1. It didn't occur in the playoffs
2. It didn't actually help Seattle at all. Their playoff seeding would have been the same that year regardless of the win. In fact, at the end of the season most Seattle fans would have liked to see Green Bay win because it would have given them a first round bye over San Francisco.
3. The refs who made that call were fired pretty much the next day.

I've been especially critical of the refs every since that game, mostly because the "real" refs have been just as bad and even sometimes worse than the replacement officials. Since that game the NFL has cracked down on ticky tack fouls which the officials still cannot call consistently. I've seen the officials blow big call after big call, yet for some reason they don't get crucified for every little mistake like the replacement refs did. How can you fire the officials after the Fail Mary game, yet not do a damn thing after something like this that occurred in the playoffs?

The shit these refs get away with is ridiculous to the point where it makes some games almost unwatchable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before "LOL Cave's a crybaby whiny dipshit bitch faggot for bringing up the fact that the refs suck".

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking up the flag was certainly questionable. However, I am a little curious why the Seahawks fanbase appears to have more sand in their collective quims over the call than any other fanbase, including the Lions.

:noidea:

If you really think Seahawks fans are more upset over the non-PI call than Lions fans, well then I really don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That non call was horse shit. It enabled confidant to cry and use it as an excuse to welsh on a bet. Even though Dallas would have won anyway

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right? what does it matter to them If the Lions lost..I think they are afraid of playing the Cowboys

Quite the contrary, I'd welcome the Cowboys in the NFC championship should the Seahawks make it that far. It's gonna be a tough game regardless of who they play, Cowboys or Packers. This week's game against Carolina is going to be tough. It's the playoffs. If Dallas and Seattle do meet in the NFC championship, and the Cowboys go into Seattle and beat the Seahawks there for the second time this season, then they will be worthy champions and I'll tip my cap to them. Beating the Seahawks in Seattle once is hard enough.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you guys don't sleep, but shit. The bad call thing has been done to death. Take one step back from the meth pipe and get a little sleep.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you guys don't sleep, but shit. The bad call thing has been done to death. Take one step back from the meth pipe and get a little sleep.

I live in Norway. It is the middle of the day here.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Norway. It is the middle of the day here.
Sorry, being American I just naturally assume the world stops at the end of my nose. Bad habit:doh: I know but I'm working on it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll have you know that I snort my meth. Pipes are for pussies.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, being American I just naturally assume the world stops at the end of my nose. Bad habit:doh: I know but I'm working on it.

I'm an American also, but married a Norwegian girl 12 years ago and I have been stuck in this frozen hellhole ever since!

Not a huge meth culture over here though.