• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official CHL thread

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the series will head back to Edmonton as the Oil Kings top the Winterhawks 3-2 in OT to force game 6. Will set up a very interesting game 7 if the Oil Kings can manage a win on home ice.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Any reports on these Pens propects would be nice to read and appriecated.. I wish I could just watch myself, but...

London: Harrington, Maata
Portland: Pouliot

Sounds like the Colts won it tonight... Will the Pens assign the above two to the AHL or bring them onto the big squad (teams can have unlimited roster players now correct?)... what normally happens to non memorial cup nhl-team propects.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Halifax Mooseheads defeat the Baie Comeau Drakkar in 5 games and will advance to the Memorial Cup. This is the 4th year in a row a Maritime based team has won the Quebec League Championship. Also I just realized this last night, but in the 8 seasons that I've been following this league closely, Quebec teams have only won the league championship twice. Quebec teams currently make up 12 of the 18 teams but at 1 point only made up as few as 10 or the 18.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reports on these Pens propects would be nice to read and appriecated.. I wish I could just watch myself, but...

London: Harrington, Maata
Portland: Pouliot

Sounds like the Colts won it tonight... Will the Pens assign the above two to the AHL or bring them onto the big squad (teams can have unlimited roster players now correct?)... what normally happens to non memorial cup nhl-team propects.

Normally if guys get assigned anywhere it is the AHL or ECHL if those teams are still playing. I can't think of the last guy to make the jump to the NHL from junior once his junior season was over but I'm sure it happens once in a while.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Normally if guys get assigned anywhere it is the AHL or ECHL if those teams are still playing. I can't think of the last guy to make the jump to the NHL from junior once his junior season was over but I'm sure it happens once in a while.

Frankie Corrado was close. His AHL stint lasted a week.

you are right though, that scenario would happen if the AHL affiliate misses the playoffs, but the big club is still going.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Iginla jumped up to the Flames in 1996 after Kamloops was eliminated in the 1996 WHL playoffs. I don't know if that's the most recent example, but it's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
London faces elimination (again) tonight, jump out to a 4-0 lead.
Barrie puts a 4 spot on the board in the 3rd period again (this time led by Det's Athanasiou)
London survives in OT though.

Game 7 on Monday, should be a humdinger.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland wins the WHL title thumping Edmonton 5-1 this afternoon. OHL spot is the only one still up for grabs.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland wins the WHL title thumping Edmonton 5-1 this afternoon. OHL spot is the only one still up for grabs.

Congrats to Portland, I guess, although I'm not sure if a team hit with severe sanctions should also be representing the WHL at the Memorial Cup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets go knights!

(but please start stolarz :))

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of the Knights, I want the Colts to win.

well if they dont plan on starting stolarz anymore, i'm fine with the knights losing.. the other dude hasn't fared any better in the past couple games, they just happened to score more.

has absolutely nothing to do w/ the team and 100% to do with the flyers prospect getting more PT :)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as mentioned earlier, I'm cheering for Halifax in the Memorial Cup (much to the chagrin of juliansteed).

Saskatoon (how do you cheer for a host team who didn't win a single playoff game?)
Portland (bunch of cheaters)
Barrie/London (arrogance abounds from the OHL)
Halifax (they just won their first QMJHL championship, good for them)

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Portland, I guess, although I'm not sure if a team hit with severe sanctions should also be representing the WHL at the Memorial Cup.

Yeah I agree, although I don't begrudge the kids playing for Portland at all. It's not their fault the organization broke the rules. It's a freaking amazing group of players, it's just too bad the Winterhawks couldn't assemble the team legitimately.

I'll probably root for Halifax as well, although Barrie really isn't an OHL powerhouse and I would definitely prefer to see them over London.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So London wins the OHL championship tonight - The winning goal was scored at 19:59 of the 3rd period.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
So London wins the OHL championship tonight - The winning goal was scored at 19:59 of the 3rd period.

:jaw:

home team or away? either way, pandemonium.
and maybe a pushed over suburban taxi-stand

/looking at boxscore - no Scheifele for Barrie. that's a big hit.
as a reminder, he had 41 points in 21 playoff games, winning the scoring race by 9 points

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:jaw:

home team or away? either way, pandemonium.
and maybe a pushed over suburban taxi-stand

/looking at boxscore - no Scheifele for Barrie. that's a big hit.
as a reminder, he had 41 points in 21 playoff games, winning the scoring race by 9 points

just saw it on tv - initially waved off by the refs, they go to video review which takes over 4 minutes and they rule the puck crossed the goal line with 0.1 of a second remaining. wowza.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how badly does London whip Saskatoon on Friday? I'm thinking you could give the Blades six goals and the Knights would still win.

To be perfectly honest in a way I almost want Saskatoon to win this thing. Coupled with Shawinigan last year maybe it would finally get the CHL to look at changing the god awful setup of this tournament. Wishful thinking most likely though.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Giants pick up Dalton Thrower for next year.
what are the chances he actually plays in junior next year?

would be a sweet pick-up if he does.

/ should we start a new thread for next season?