• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? I don't care what your record is or who you played if you're not even in striking distance of 1st place you cannot justify being ranked ahead of the team that is.

And until a Bo Ryan team proves us wrong....let's not use the words Wisconsin and Final Four together quite yet

So you are 100% subjective and only care what you believe should be the criteria? Wisconsin has fewer losses and better wins. Why do you care about rankings anyways? they mean nothing. It's your seed that matters.

Ironic that after 20 years of no sweet 16s for Michigan you start harping on another teams tourney success because of 1 year wonder for your team.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunardi predicts the Wolverines to get the fourth number 1 seed.. I think it should be Louisville though..

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunardi predicts the Wolverines to get the fourth number 1 seed.. I think it should be Louisville though..

I don't think Louisville has a chance at #1 seed. They are most likely a 3 seed right now. Look at their resume and they have a really weak SOS and have a lot of wins against sub 150+ teams and a RPI in the 20s (before today's game)

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Louisville has a chance at #1 seed. They are most likely a 3 seed right now. Look at their resume and they have a really weak SOS and have a lot of wins against sub 150+ teams and a RPI in the 20s (before today's game)

Michigan deserves the 1 seed. Nova lost early, even if Duke wins tomorrow and Michigan loses I am still comfortable with Michigan as a 1.

Edit: Louisville is playing like a one seed though I'll give you that.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan deserves the 1 seed. Nova lost early, even if Duke wins tomorrow and Michigan loses I am still comfortable with Michigan as a 1.

Edit: Louisville is playing like a one seed though I'll give you that.

no equation for uva as regular season and tourney champs??

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure UM deserves a No1 over some of these other teams. They've had a terrific year despite losing McGary but hard to go against Duke/Virginia winner as well as Louisville.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no equation for uva as regular season and tourney champs??

Agree; the team that wins both the ACC title and the tournament title should be getting some respect.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B10 > ACC

By a lot

Agreed. Top to bottom the ACC is not a better conference right now, especially if Sparty indeed "got right." With that said I still would put Duke/Virginia ahead of Michigan.

Also, I have Louisville and Iowa State ahead of Michigan. Now, it won't shake out like that if Michigan takes down Sparty again, but I think the aforementioned are more deserving this season.

All I really care about though is Michigan catching fire and fugging them all up in the Tourney. :suds:

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is not a Final 4 team. They aren't even the best team in the Big 10.

They even know it themselves hence them making an ass ton of excuses before this game about it meaning nothing, even though

a potential #1 seed was on the line.

So a team that would have been a #1 seed (according to you) if it merely had won its last regular season game against an unranked opponent, regardless of a first-round Big 10 tourney exit, are (according to you) "not a Final 4 team?"

:doh: :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Nebraska won its biggest game in decades in order to advance to the tourney for the first time in forever, as we were stating, that was their "win and they're in" play-in; Wisconsin lost, and got the placement everyone told you it was going to get regardless of what happened in Nebraska and the Big 10 tourney: a 2 seed at home in Wisconsin.

What a fucking fool you are - I hope for your sake you're just a troll!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a team that would have been a #1 seed (according to you) if it merely had won its last regular season game against an unranked opponent, regardless of a first-round Big 10 tourney exit, are (according to you) "not a Final 4 team?"

:doh: :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Nebraska won its biggest game in decades in order to advance to the tourney for the first time in forever, as we were stating, that was their "win and they're in" play-in; Wisconsin lost, and got the placement everyone told you it was going to get regardless of what happened in Nebraska and the Big 10 tourney: a 2 seed at home in Wisconsin.

What a fucking fool you are - I hope for your sake you're just a troll!

Has Wisconsin won at Nebraska and kept winning through the Big 10 Tournament they'd likely been a 1 seed. Of course they didn't want that 1 seed, didn't care about winning according to you.

The fact is their 8 game winning streak was a bit deceiving, just like I said it was. You knew that to, hence the preemptive excuses.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's that Iowa win looking now?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spartans cut net!!!...

:yahoo:

I'm sure that surprises absolutely nobody.

Last year, when Jabari Parker chose Duke, his lame-ass excuse for doing so was "not wanting to mess with Branden Dawson's position & playing time." Fuck that shit. My bracket has Parker getting his position and playing time jammed up his ass by Dawson in the NC game.

Got #2 Michigan leaving in R32; #11 Iowa losing the play-in to #11 Tennessee; #6 Ohio State leaving in R32; #11 Nebraska getting to the S16 for a stoning by Bucky; and #2 Wisconsin bowing to #1 Zona in E8.

go green go white

:suds:

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Wisconsin won at Nebraska and kept winning through the Big 10 Tournament they'd likely been a 1 seed. Of course they didn't want that 1 seed, didn't care about winning according to you.

LINK to where I stated that, troll. Like everyone else, I said that Wisconsin was getting a #2 in Milwaukee regardless of how they performed their remaining games, though there was a far outside shot (an incredible domino row of teams vacating and Wisconsin winning every game through the end of the season) of a #1 that was as likely as Mom bringing your breakfast all the way to the basement this morning. In the end, they LOST to Nebraska, beat a slumping non-tourney team and lost in their second game, which still resulted in a #2 in Milwaukee.

I also stated that this was the most important Nebraska game in decades, as a win over Wisconsin would put them into the dance, whereas a loss would have put them outside unless they ran the table in the tourney, which (let's face it, this was not in Lincoln) was not going to happen.

And this is exactly what happened - Nebraska won its most important game in a generation or two, assuring themselves in basically a play-in game of its first spot in the Dance in forever; Wisconsin could win or lose or any combination, and they would play as a #2 at home in Wisconsin. It simply wasn't an important game for Wisconsin, and it was the biggest Nebraska game in decades; why you can't simply admit this fact, I do not know.

The fact is their 8 game winning streak was a bit deceiving, just like I said it was. You knew that to, hence the preemptive excuses.

There are no excuses - this Wisconsin team can beat any team in the country (see: perhaps the best resume in college basketball), and they can lost to Northwestern. This, again, is exactly what I and others stated.

Enjoy your idiocy, dumbfuck! And congrats to the other, non-troll Nebraska fans! I think Nebraska could scare the shit out of more than one team if everything falls the right way and hope to see them pulling some upsets.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LINK to where I stated that, troll. Like everyone else, I said that Wisconsin was getting a #2 in Milwaukee regardless of how they performed their remaining games, though there was a far outside shot (an incredible domino row of teams vacating and Wisconsin winning every game through the end of the season) of a #1 that was as likely as Mom bringing your breakfast all the way to the basement this morning. In the end, they LOST to Nebraska, beat a slumping non-tourney team and lost in their second game, which still resulted in a #2 in Milwaukee.

I also stated that this was the most important Nebraska game in decades, as a win over Wisconsin would put them into the dance, whereas a loss would have put them outside unless they ran the table in the tourney, which (let's face it, this was not in Lincoln) was not going to happen.

And this is exactly what happened - Nebraska won its most important game in a generation or two, assuring themselves in basically a play-in game of its first spot in the Dance in forever; Wisconsin could win or lose or any combination, and they would play as a #2 at home in Wisconsin. It simply wasn't an important game for Wisconsin, and it was the biggest Nebraska game in decades; why you can't simply admit this fact, I do not know.

There are no excuses - this Wisconsin team can beat any team in the country (see: perhaps the best resume in college basketball), and they can lost to Northwestern. This, again, is exactly what I and others stated.

Enjoy your idiocy, dumbfuck! And congrats to the other, non-troll Nebraska fans! I think Nebraska could scare the shit out of more than one team if everything falls the right way and hope to see them pulling some upsets.

Personal attacks and name calling. Par for the course for someone who can't defend all their chest thumping when called out over a couple of wins that were a bit deceiving. If Wisconsin was the only team beating those teams then I'm on the same page, but they weren't. Those teams were also losing to others in the same window. They only count as big wins when applied to Wisconsin though. LOL

Wisconsin's great, unless they lose of course, then they really weren't trying, they didn't care, the game was meaningless.

The nice thing about preemptive excuses is you're always right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We'll kick anybody's ass anywhere, anytime. If not it's because we didn't care, weren't trying, and the game was meaningless".

Blazin' Blaine