• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

They are 5-1 against top 25 teams.

You can peel back as much lipstick as you want, I know a good basketball team when I see one. I live for this sport....I've played it, coached it, watched it all my life.

Wisconsin is a rare team. They have 5 guys on the floor who all shoot over 30% from 3-point range. Shit, they have a 7'0" guy who shoots lights out! That is damn neared impossible to guard.

They're one of the top teams in the country in terms of not turning the ball over. They're just plain and simply one of the top teams in the country.

You're slapping Nebraska in the face by saying they aren't a great team. That was a HUGE win tonight for Nebraska over a GREAT team.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

They are 5-1 against top 25 teams.

You can peel back as much lipstick as you want, I know a good basketball team when I see one. I live for this sport....I've played it, coached it, watched it all my life.

Wisconsin is a rare team. They have 5 guys on the floor who all shoot over 30% from 3-point range. Shit, they have a 7'0" guy who shoots lights out! That is damn neared impossible to guard.

They're one of the top teams in the country in terms of not turning the ball over. They're just plain and simply one of the top teams in the country.

You're slapping Nebraska in the face by saying they aren't a great team. That was a HUGE win tonight for Nebraska over a GREAT team.

This game was no more HUGE than Nebraska beating Northwestern in Lincoln last Sunday. They each count as one toward the current 19. Lose to Northwestern (who played Nebraska tougher than Wisconsin did) and we aren't having this discussion.

Keep them coming.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Wisconsin is a very good team

They didn't beat this #1 Florida team.

That was a home win vs a very depleted gator squad and it was a close game.

Exactly

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was no more HUGE than Nebraska beating Northwestern in Lincoln last Sunday. They each count as one toward the current 19. Lose to Northwestern (who played Nebraska tougher than Wisconsin did) and we aren't having this discussion.

Keep them coming.

Right......but we are plain and simply better than Northwestern.......so we were going to win that one.

Wisconsin on the other hand.....yea they don't just exactly shoot 11-21 from the free throw line on a consistent basis. We have our crowd to thank for that.

We aren't better than Wisconsin for shit sake. Beating Wisconsin launched us into the NCAA Tournament. Beating Northwestern was just as easy as waking up and going through the motions.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way......Tim Miles disagrees with you COMPLETELY.

He told the team in the locker room afterwards that it was by far the best team they played this year....it was a Championship team they played.....and it was as good of a win as they could possibly get.

He also told them they need to forget about it starting tomorrow.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way......Tim Miles disagrees with you COMPLETELY.

He told the team in the locker room afterwards that it was by far the best team they played this year....it was a Championship team they played.....and it was as good of a win as they could possibly get.

He also told them they need to forget about it starting tomorrow.

What do you want him to tell the team?

There are far bigger games ahead. The Big 10 Q-Final will be bigger than this one. The 1st game in the NCAA's will be bigger than this one. I don't see why you youngin's can't seem to grasp that. It's a good Wisconsin team, but not great, and they showed that tonight.

Nebraska has played bigger games than this, but you peeps were too young to even remember it. It's as if you don't have Google access to the 1990's.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't let a win over this Wisconsin team get to your head. It's no bigger than the other 18.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't let a win over this Wisconsin team get to your head. It's no bigger than the other 18.

I disagree.

1. @ MSU

2. vs Wisky
3. vs OSU

4. vs Minny
5. @ Indiana
6. @ Northwestern
7. vs. Indiana

The rest are pretty much not worthy of noting.

7 quality wins IMO. @ Northwestern doesn't seem that big but they were playing pretty good at the time.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

1. @ MSU

2. vs Wisky
3. vs OSU

4. vs Minny
5. @ Indiana
6. @ Northwestern
7. vs. Indiana

The rest are pretty much not worthy of noting.

7 quality wins IMO. @ Northwestern doesn't seem that big but they were playing pretty good at the time.

It's no bigger when it comes to getting to the dance. If Nebraska has 22 wins right now it's a different story, but they don't.

The Northwestern win (#17) last Sunday was just as big as this one (#19). Without the Northwestern win we aren't having this discussion.

Good win over a solid team for sure, but same importance as the other 18 in the big picture.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the way you said "they were playing pretty good at the time" regarding Northwestern and Nebraska's first road win there.

The same should apply to what are considered Wisconsin's big wins over Michigan St, Michigan, and Iowa. Those teams were playing "pretty bad at the time". Heck Michigan St and Iowa still are.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all about who gets on a hot streak and matchups come tourney time, but you have to look at the how the teams played at the time you beat them.

That being said, if you are a hot team come tourney time the odds are on your side.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now these B1G teams have been struggling...

Ohio St-- they lost to Penn St and Indiana back-to-back before beatkng Michigan St. Offense is their problem come tourney time.

Michigan St-- this is a tough one. They have had injuries and lack of chemistry could be there. The last 6 they lost to Nebraska, Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio St; beat Purdue and Iowa. They are one of the most complete teams in the country, but something isn't there.

Iowa--lost 5 outta 6 to Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, and MSU. Only lost one by double digits. They have a solid team but can't finish games.

Teams playing well...

Michigan has won 5 in a row. They struggled in January and lost 3 games. They have handled business and is a very good team with a deep run in them in the tourney.

Wisconsin has been winning games they haven't looked too impressive but who has. They actually won 8 in a row before this Nebraska loss.
Losses--tOSU by 1, Indiana by 3, Michigan by 7, Minnesota by 13, Northwestern by 9, and Nebraska by 9. Two of those are bad losses. And they really struggled in January losing 3 outta 4.

Nebraska has won 8 out of 9. Probably the hottest team in the B1G other than Wisky and they just handled them pretty well.

See it is partly about teams that are playing well, but matchups are even more important. For example, tOSU could run the B1G tourney and meet a very good offensive powerhouse that was mediocre in the Big 12 like Iowa St and get whooped. So you want to be playing well of course, but it is more than that.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA.... Ease up sir. It's ok to have a good MBB team.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't wanna believe we could be good because I've been burned so many times, but these Omaha guys bring it ten fold. It's scary. I really fear for your sanity if we actually make a decent run in the tourney.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I smell a closet Creighton fan, but I'm not gonna go there.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ridiculous post.

How? I don't care what your record is or who you played if you're not even in striking distance of 1st place you cannot justify being ranked ahead of the team that is.

And until a Bo Ryan team proves us wrong....let's not use the words Wisconsin and Final Four together quite yet

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to learn how to handle a 'little' bit of success.

Nebraska has accomplished nothing they've never accomplished before and you want to act like they just got into the Final Four. :L

They've done all of this and more. However mommy was still giving you baths at the time, and that's why you think it's somehow unique. It's just a regular season bball game for cripes sake. They didn't even win the Big 10.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop shilling

We have every reason to be excited after that game

It was a HUGE win

Yup. Biggest win since you were playing with Hot Wheels and acting like you were Eric Crouch running the triple option in your back yard.