• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are overrating your team.. I thought Michigan played like crap against Zona TBH..

Fair enough. Not trying to overrate Zona at all. There have been plenty of games this season (UNLV) where I came away feeling like Zona did not play well and was lucky to have the W. But Michigan looked very good to me that game, particularly offensively against what we know now to be one of the best defenses.

I will say that I am far from being alone in thinking that the game was the best Michigan had played... just go read the postgame quotes from Michigan players.

I understand that when your team is leading an entire game and loses in the end, it will feel like the loss slipped away.

Sean Miller teams have a strong history of improving throughout games. They are almost always playing their best by the end of the game. In the Michigan game, Arizona scored on 11 of their last 11 possessions.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O another note, if you had told me a few weeks ago after Iowa CRUSHED NW by 30 at home that Id be worried about going into Evanston Saturday I would have told you that you were nuts. Shit changes fast doesnt it??? LOL

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are overrating your team.. I thought Michigan played like crap against Zona TBH..

you shot 50% from the field, 47% from 3, and 82% from the line against one of the top 5 defenses in the country and lost at home. If by playing like crap you mean you couldn't rebound, since that is the only stat you didn't do well in, then sure, but that's why we are so good.

Also, I thought we played pretty poorly, ESPECIALLY in that first half, and still pulled out a tough road win.

You think we are overrating our team, I simply think you are underrating yours.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O another note, if you had told me a few weeks ago after Iowa CRUSHED NW by 30 at home that Id be worried about going into Evanston Saturday I would have told you that you were nuts. Shit changes fast doesnt it??? LOL

crazy, right?

I still say you win by 10

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'll be a really interesting contrast in styles. I don't know if Northwestern can completely stop you guys from getting out in transition. I honestly don't know why more people haven't tried to press and speed up Northwestern, I think Iowa can and will do that. I'd say Iowa by at least 15.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwesterns offense far too atrocious to hang with any solid team.

Might be close for a bit but no chance it goes to the wire.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruht Roh, Raggy!

Michigan State's Branden Dawson sidelined by broken hand - CBSSports.com

Out 4-5 weeks with a broken hand. Sounds like a dumb injury, but I hope he recovers soon.

I swear I didn't know about this when I predicted the Michigan win on Saturday! Certainly seems more likely now, though.

Hope Dawson comes back strong he is fun to watch when his head is in the game. Tough blow to a team that simply can't catch a break with injuries this year. It is simply amazing that they only have one loss right now. Testament to the coach that Izzo is.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I didn't know about this when I predicted the Michigan win on Saturday! Certainly seems more likely now, though.

Hope Dawson comes back strong he is fun to watch when his head is in the game. Tough blow to a team that simply can't catch a break with injuries this year. It is simply amazing that they only have one loss right now. Testament to the coach that Izzo is.

True dat. I don't really care for Izzo personally, but there is no denying he's a helluva coach.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loved the chorus of concern and class from scUM in the comments section...

interesting to note that so many CBS walverine boils persist despite so many CBS butts immigrating elsewhere.

Ruht Roh, Raggy!

Michigan State's Branden Dawson sidelined by broken hand - CBSSports.com

Out 4-5 weeks with a broken hand. Sounds like a dumb injury, but I hope he recovers soon.

It's a goddamned shame that Dawson's explosive talent is so often countered by his immature explosive temperament. Now that temper's put his team in peril. I hope the kid grows up while sitting on the bench watching his mates scramble to pick up his slack.

groan green!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a Shame.. Dawsen reminds me of Maurice Ager from years back.. And @ ZONAfan, I meant the rebounding precisely.. If the Wolverines plan on going anywhere in the tourney, they better stress rebounding and a little bit of inside play, even without McGary

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska @ Penn St for Big 10 bottom dweller starting on ESPNU right now.

Penn St -2.5

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU gets a must win, win.

But man are they a mess right now.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska @ Penn St for Big 10 bottom dweller starting on ESPNU right now.

Penn St -2.5

Instead of this game BTN is airing women's basketball right now. :L

Midwest2k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of this game BTN is airing women's basketball right now. :L

would rather watch a couple of P-10 teams play. At least one of the is the top ranked team in the country.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would rather watch a couple of P-10 teams play. At least one of the is the top ranked team in the country.

Meh, there's no energy in the PAC game right now, I'd rather watch two mediocre teams go at it with some enthusiasm. Plus I hate the commentators.

Midwest2k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, there's no energy in the PAC game right now, I'd rather watch two mediocre teams go at it with some enthusiasm. Plus I hate the commentators.

Yea Walton get annoying after a while...but you can never count a team out in league play...just ask Missouri State...19 point second half lead and they lose the game to WSU. Anything can happen

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the thing is the Pac has like 1 great team.. The others are struggling.. Really no competition.. Although UCLA has huge potential..

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the thing is the Pac has like 1 great team.. The others are struggling.. Really no competition.. Although UCLA has huge potential..

While a much better conf. top to bottom, the ACC has that problem right now. Cuse is at the top by themselves w/out much competition.