• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did? You got a link?

You just said the Badgers were like "3-10" with BO. They have just won 7 in a row which is the longest winning streak of any big conference that includes 3 top 25 wins and one win @#2 MD.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said the Badgers were like "3-10" with BO. They have just won 7 in a row which is the longest winning streak of any big conference that includes 3 top 25 wins and one win @#2 MD.
LOL. You lost to Northwestern 1 month ago buddy. You are a classic over-reactor. Want to avi bet me that Arizona goes further than UW in the NCAA tourney? Oh, and if UW doesn't make the tourney you still have to pay up

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa lost to Penn State? Lol

This is such a bad year(really the last 3 years outside a few beast teams last year). Really puts into perspective how far my own team has fallen smh. Can't even compete at a tourney level. Blah.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would stay away from the "Frank the Tank" thing. He isn't exactly lighting the NBA on fire.

What exactly is this supposed to mean? He's #9 amongst rookies in scoring (exactly where he was picked) and has been better on defense than on offense (which I don't think anyone expected). His team went from one of the worst in the NBA towards a likely playoff berth.

Are you one of those people who saw the first two weeks and then quit watching?

Last edited:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is this supposed to mean? He's #9 amongst rookies in scoring (exactly where he was picked) and has been better on defense than on offense (which I don't think anyone expected). His team from one of the worst in the NBA towards a likely playoff berth.

Are you one of those people who saw the first two weeks and then quit watching?
Yea that dude has no clue. Frank has been damn solid this year.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You lost to Northwestern 1 month ago buddy. You are a classic over-reactor. Want to avi bet me that Arizona goes further than UW in the NCAA tourney? Oh, and if UW doesn't make the tourney you still have to pay up

Precisely, we went from losing to scrub teams to beating top 25 teams and have the best winning streak in the country and the most recent win is @#2 MD by double digits. Stating what a team has accomplished and how they improved isn't overreacting? I never said AZ would suck I said they would be a #2 seed and should be fav's to make the FF. I would be happy with us making the sweet 16 with the way we started. They looked at one point like they might not even make the NIT.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely, we went from losing to scrub teams to beating top 25 teams and have the best winning streak in the country and the most recent win is @#2 MD by double digits. Stating what a team has accomplished and how they improved isn't overreacting? I never said AZ would suck I said they would be a #2 seed and should be fav's to make the FF. I would be happy with us making the sweet 16 with the way we started. They looked at one point like they might not even make the NIT.

We are playing like a top 15 team right now. As I said when we were losing every game, it came down to shooting. At the start of this year, whether it was nerves or poor mechanics or a lack of adjustment to the physicality of college, our guys were missing point blank shots all day and then finding a way to lose by 3 after outrebounding team after team.

The last few weeks they have shot really well. It'll be interesting to see if it lasts.

But nobody where this team winds up this year, they are set for a while. I don't think it's crazy to think this team will be a Final Four contender next year and I think this team can be scary good in 2019. If Ethan Happ improves 1/3 as much as Frank, he will go down as a legend.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are playing like a top 15 team right now. As I said when we were losing every game, it came down to shooting. At the start of this year, whether it was nerves or poor mechanics or a lack of adjustment to the physicality of college, our guys were missing point blank shots all day and then finding a way to lose by 3 after outrebounding team after team.

The last few weeks they have shot really well. It'll be interesting to see if it lasts.

But nobody where this team winds up this year, they are set for a while. I don't think it's crazy to think this team will be a Final Four contender next year and I think this team can be scary good in 2019. If Ethan Happ improves 1/3 as much as Frank, he will go down as a legend.

We're playing better than any BIG 10 team that's for sure. Not too many teams are playing better than UW right now. Off the top of my head I would say Duke, AZ, KS, and Miami.

Our defense alone will win many games even if the shots aren't falling at such a high %. I believe our D is #2 in BIG play or at least during the 7 game streak. The main improvement has been the spacing and passing now that the swing offense seems to be running on all cylinders.

Don't forget about Van Vliet as well if the NCAA actually allows him to play. Bronson will be here next year and this team will be sick if Hayes stays. Hopefully he's low on the NBA draft say the second round which would make him want to return.

Frank the Tank was challenged by the redshirt freshmen already last year. Happ can really improve the jump shot which will expand his game even more. I'll hold off on FF predictions until the end of this season. As of right now we still have to continue our success to solidify our spot in the tourney and hopefully get a decent seed.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting way to cocky about the way your team is playing. The Badgers have been a nice surprise the last month. Part of it is playing with more intensity and well in a new system. Part of it is some teams have played poorly. The Big Ten is not a strong conference right now. It is top heavy with a handful of pathetic teams. And the top heavy teams are all struggling right now. I would put the Big 12, Pac 12, ACC and SEC as better conferences just by eye test alone. But all of that is irrelevant to my main point which is what are you trying to prove man? I don't know anyone that was laughing at Wisconsin when they were 9-9. Every team has stretches of bad runs. Even Duke had a minny stretch. There is nothing to prove really with any of this.
Lol SEC and PAc is not better, I agree with the other two and maybe the Big East.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol SEC and PAc is not better, I agree with the other two and maybe the Big East.
LOL at the SEC, sure. But the PAC is, by many accounts, the 2nd best league top to bottom in the country. If you are solely looking for leagues with FF contenders, I'd say we end up 5th. Our 2nd worst team was 10-3 in the nonconference. This league has less cupcakes than any league not named the B12.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the SEC, sure. But the PAC is, by many accounts, the 2nd best league top to bottom in the country. If you are solely looking for leagues with FF contenders, I'd say we end up 5th. Our 2nd worst team was 10-3 in the nonconference. This league has less cupcakes than any league, including the B12.
I still think is the B1G is better simply because their top tier is better. Granted I also said I think the Big East is a better conference at this point than both Pac and Big.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think is the B1G is better simply because their top tier is better. Granted I also said I think the Big East is a better conference at this point than both Pac and Big.
Big East is overrated. I think B12, PAC, ACC are all better and I put B10 and Big East neck and neck. I think Big East will again disappoint come tourney time.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to stop and drop some Vcash on this one and noticed of the $4600 bet there was $100 bet on Sparty at -9.5 and the rest was on Bucky at +9.5

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official.

Maryland has talented players. But as a team they fucking suck

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I sit here I remember once again what I forget every year until it happens. Pretty much every team hits a lull at some point. Every year fans freak and yer the next year it happens again. Pretty much every year all but 1 or 2 teams hit a slump. Maryland seems to have found theirs to join Oklahoma, Iowa, UNC, OREGON and TAMU amongst others

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I sit here I remember once again what I forget every year until it happens. Pretty much every team hits a lull at some point. Every year fans freak and yer the next year it happens again. Pretty much every year all but 1 or 2 teams hit a slump. Maryland seems to have found theirs to join Oklahoma, Iowa, UNC, OREGON and TAMU amongst others

This year is different though most team this year are just inconsistent as the norm and poor in respect to normal great teams

Shit Nova is #1 for the first time ever and this is probably one their all around worst teams(of the ones that were tourney teams) that I've seen from them since I've followed BE basketball heavily

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is different though most team this year are just inconsistent as the norm and poor in respect to normal great teams

Shit Nova is #1 for the first time ever and this is probably one their all around worst teams(of the ones that were tourney teams) that I've seen from them since I've followed BE basketball heavily
Sure. It's a down year but there are teams who have been very good the majority of it but even most of them hit that slump. UVA, DUKE, ZONA, KU, MSU all already had theirs

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. It's a down year but there are teams who have been very good the majority of it but even most of them hit that slump. UVA, DUKE, ZONA, KU, MSU all already had theirs

I know but my point is everyone is doing it this year for a reason. Because none of these teams are really that strong. And some are really being exposed.

Most years you will still have a few teams that are consistently strong throughout. Right now Nova is the closet to that, and again this isn't even a great team for them.

Just saying I don't think "every team goes through a bad spell" applied as much right now. You should just pat yourself on the back about Maryland. They can't put together a great game and you called that weeks ago.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know but my point is everyone is doing it this year for a reason. Because none of these teams are really that strong. And some are really being exposed.

Most years you will still have a few teams that are consistently strong throughout. Right now Nova is the closet to that, and again this isn't even a great team for them.

Just saying I don't think "every team goes through a bad spell" applied as much right now. You should just pat yourself on the back about Maryland. They can't put together a great game and you called that weeks ago.
I actually really thought they might lose tonight. When you can't shoot the ball and you lose your only real onside presence it means you're going to have even less open shots and minnesota, despite not winning, has really been playing everyone close