• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson lost his starting role after he got injured. The year off ineligibility rule is stupid but it is one that Wisconsin knew about. They knew all along that would be the case.

Exactly, he was always a starter until the injury. He was the starter because he was the better player until the injury. That counts as losing a starter and bronson won the job by default.

No, the NCAA's ruling was not clear and UW didn't know about the year until it was determined just before the start of the regular season. The kid wasn't paid to play and UW thought that meant he would be eligible to play the first season. This is why UW appealed the late ruling which they had months to make the decision but waited last minute.

Wisconsin freshman Andy Van Vliet currently ineligible, held out of exhibition

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were like 3-10 with Bo on the bench this year you dumbass.

Obviously you can't count either. Anyways this proves my point even more. He was holding us back by refusing to transition back to the swing offense and refusing to play other bench players who are now contributing.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, he was always a starter until the injury. He was the starter because he was the better player until the injury. That counts as losing a starter and bronson won the job by default.

No, the NCAA's ruling was not clear and UW didn't know about the year until it was determined just before the start of the regular season. The kid wasn't paid to play and UW thought that meant he would be eligible to play the first season. This is why UW appealed the late ruling which they had months to make the decision but waited last minute.

Wisconsin freshman Andy Van Vliet currently ineligible, held out of exhibition
How would Wisconsin not know about the rule? Even I knew that.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona lost 4 players to the NBA and one is in the d league. We lost as much as anyone in the country. Arizona can just reload better than Wisconsin.

This was already discussed that UW has lost more by losing 4 starters and their 6th man who is now in the NBA. I never said AZ doesn't reload better. Everyone know UW doesn't recruit blue chippers. They recruit players for their system and they turn out to be the best in the league like Frank the Tank.

Reactions: GNG

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would Wisconsin not know about the rule? Even I knew that.

The rule wasn't specific on if playing for a team but not getting paid counted. It's kind of BS and the NCAA should've made a decision much earlier than just a day before the exhibition game. I guess their appeal was denied as well or else the NCAA is going to wait until the NCAA tournament to make a decision. lol

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would stay away from the "Frank the Tank" thing. He isn't exactly lighting the NBA on fire.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule wasn't specific on if playing for a team but not getting paid counted. It's kind of BS and the NCAA should've made a decision much earlier than just a day before the exhibition game. I guess their appeal was denied as well or else the NCAA is going to wait until the NCAA tournament to make a decision. lol
I agree they should have made the decision sooner. But to me, it was likely/obvious that this would fall under the blanket rule. Even the player said he wasn't surprised by the ruling.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that nickname sounds pretty lollercoaster right now.

Well, he was never going to start over the 13.5 mil Al Jefferson (best player on the team) anyways or any other C drafted no matter how good they were. There's not too many rookies in the NBA that will dominate on 21 minutes a game.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you can't count either. Anyways this proves my point even more. He was holding us back by refusing to transition back to the swing offense and refusing to play other bench players who are now contributing.
And yet your argument is that losing your coach hurts you. Which one is it, ya dummy?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they should have made the decision sooner. But to me, it was likely/obvious that this would fall under the blanket rule. Even the player said he wasn't surprised by the ruling.

I'm siding with you here. I'm not sure if the Badgers thought they would find a loophole in the system based on a technicality or what. In the end he appears to be a good player that could be great. He needs some meat on his bones though because at his weight that's anorexic for his height. lol

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm siding with you here. I'm not sure if the Badgers thought they would find a loophole in the system based on a technicality or what. In the end he appears to be a good player that could be great. He needs some meat on his bones though because at his weight that's anorexic for his height. lol
Especially for the rugged play in the Big Ten.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like your eyes might be too close together. I'd blame your family tree.

Nope just focus on one thing at a time. NFL playoffs?>>> NCAA basketball early regular season. If I did have close eyes I'd rather have that than the dreaded Tom Brady dad bod.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would stay away from the "Frank the Tank" thing. He isn't exactly lighting the NBA on fire.
Of course he isn't but he fit in well with the Wisconsin system. He helped get them to the Championship game.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet your argument is that losing your coach hurts you. Which one is it, ya dummy?

You said AZ lost more and I proved you wrong. You said your better record was an indicator of being able to overcome the talent loss better than UW did. However you proved that if Gard would've started the season that UW would have a better record. You basically defeated yourself. It was blatantly obvious that Bo was holding them back this year. I added that we lost our coach just to show that we lost more but we had the ability to overcome the loss and improve drastically. Why are you still name calling like a child?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he isn't but he fit in well with the Wisconsin system. He helped get them to the Championship game.

Precisely my point as I said he became the best player in the country despite not being highly recruited and made no statement about his play in the NBA in my initial post about him.