• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure everything he quoted there is factual. They are young, they don't have many seniors, and a lot of recruits went somewhere else or transferred. I understand that people like to read between the lines, but this is stretching it. I don't see this as him blaming the ex-coach.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuberville didn't care in the end.....it was clear. And everyone knows we only won the championship because of Cam, right? I'd be willing to bet that 85% of college football fans truly believe this. You can't have it both ways

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure everything he quoted there is factual. They are young, they don't have many seniors, and a lot of recruits went somewhere else or transferred. I understand that people like to read between the lines, but this is stretching it. I don't see this as him blaming the ex-coach.

Because the ex-coach was there in 07 and 08. Yes, he is clearly throwing the former coach under the bus because he already did so earlier this year at a alumni meeting. Regardless, would programs like Ohio State, FSU, etc. send out letter and make statements like this? The answer is no because statements like make it seem like you have a scape goat prepared in case you lose instead of coaching the team to the best of their ability and accepting defeats.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuberville didn't care in the end.....it was clear. And everyone knows we only won the championship because of Cam, right? I'd be willing to bet that 85% of college football fans truly believe this. You can't have it both ways

This is true, but you cannot deny that the OL was a big help as well. Cam wasn't blocking and playing QB at the same time.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but you cannot deny that the OL was a big help as well. Cam wasn't blocking and playing QB at the same time.

How dare you point out facts, sir!!!

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Auburn fans know that, but everyone else says that Cam was the only reason we were successful........still hearing that shit

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I listen to the local sports radio shows everyday. The overall consensus is that Tubberville is to blame for this year's team. A guy named Phil Paramore, a local news show host, is a huge Tubby hater. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't voice his resentment for that man. Do I agree with them? No, I think it is just an easy scapegoat for the barners to point to.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to the local sports radio shows everyday. The overall consensus is that Tubberville is to blame for this year's team. A guy named Phil Paramore, a local news show host, is a huge Tubby hater. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't voice his resentment for that man. Do I agree with them? No, I think it is just an easy scapegoat for the barners to point to.

LoL wow.

I hope you guys don't buy that shit. Stoops won a national title in his second year just like Chizik. This is Chiziks third year.

If your team is failing this year, its on the current coach. Obviously he doesn't recruit well or he doesn't develop talent.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, Chizik should have some serious talent built up, developed and ready to go this year. Do you want to know what the main issue is with this team? It has nothing to do with Tubby. The main issue is that Auburn is great at landing offensive talent, but they simply do not or cannot land defensive talent. The vast majority of their most recent highly ranked recruiting classes have been offensive players. It is easy to bring in eager kids that want to play under Malzahn, but they struggle to sway kids over to the other side of the ball.

A lot of Auburn fans see the next couple of years being their best chance. Well, it better be, because Malzahn most likely won't be there very much longer. If he is there another two seasons I would be shocked. That man will get picked up to lead a squad here soon. After he is gone what will be so appealing to all of these four and five star offensive talents?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Chizik should have some serious talent built up, developed and ready to go this year. Do you want to know what the main issue is with this team? It has nothing to do with Tubby. The main issue is that Auburn is great at landing offensive talent, but they simply do not or cannot land defensive talent. The vast majority of their most recent highly ranked recruiting classes have been offensive players. It is easy to bring in eager kids that want to play under Malzahn, but they struggle to sway kids over to the other side of the ball.

A lot of Auburn fans see the next couple of years being their best chance. Well, it better be, because Malzahn most likely won't be there very much longer. If he is there another two seasons I would be shocked. That man will get picked up to lead a squad here soon. After he is gone what will be so appealing to all of these four and five star offensive talents?

fail

the past three years - 4+ stars (rivals) 23 - offense 16 - defense
and we only have 5 defensive commits for 2012 so far.......look for that to change

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cbWvK.png