• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFB Board seems very high school today.... have you guys been hanging out with Johnny HateCrime?
J+Jameson+laughing+Meme+peter+parker+spider+man.gif

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bama lays the smack down on this little prick this year and sends his season spiraling. If his attitude carries over to the team and the season, they have a long season ahead of them. Egomaniac alert.

Not so sure what the hubbub about this guy is anyways...he is a scambling QB that got the most out of what he had LAST year, earned him a trophy, big deal.

If he gets drafted, by god knows who, in the NFL I would be surprised. Last thing a NFL club wants is a "scrambling" QB throwing balls across his body. To survive he would need an outstanding O-line, but I not sure he would stay in the pocket anyways. He would be a "project" at the next level.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure what the hubbub about this guy is anyways...he is a scambling QB that got the most out of what he had LAST year, earned him a trophy, big deal.

If he gets drafted, by god knows who, in the NFL I would be surprised. Last thing a NFL club wants is a "scrambling" QB throwing balls across his body. To survive he would need an outstanding O-line, but I not sure he would stay in the pocket anyways. He would be a "project" at the next level.

So, what does Cam Newton do? Kaepernick? RG3? The league is changing a bit, and using these guys' style of play.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLLce, You outcher mind if you think Johnny wont get drafted. He is 1st round fer sure. And IMO he succeeds at the next level. I know I am in the minority there but thats how I see it. Russel Wilson doesnt give a shit what people said about his size and running around. Johnny just happens to be able to work himself outta the pocket to get great passing angles... Oh Well. It works.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLLce, You outcher mind if you think Johnny wont get drafted. He is 1st round fer sure. And IMO he succeeds at the next level. I know I am in the minority there but thats how I see it. Russel Wilson doesnt give a shit what people said about his size and running around.

This would be a valid point if Russell were drafted in the first round. He wasn't. Russell was also a much better prospect than Johnny. Yes, he is two inches shorter. However, he is much more intelligent. He is a more magnetic leader. He is a harder worker. He has a bigger arm. He is more accurate. He played very well against awful defenses. And he succeeded in a true pro-style offense. That's not true for Manziel.

He'll get drafted. Maybe a team that needs some hype (a la Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland) etc. would take him in the 2nd-3rd. Ill be stunned if he gets taken in the first. It'll take another incredibly weak QB draft for that to have any chance of happening.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like normal 20yo kid going through normal 20yo shit. I've said shit like that

Maybe that's because you were in College Station at the time. It isn't normal for people to want to leave nice college towns, and that's not even considering the athlete factor.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a valid point if Russell were drafted in the first round. He wasn't. Russell was also a much better prospect than Johnny. Yes, he is two inches shorter. However, he is much more intelligent. He is a more magnetic leader. He is a harder worker. He has a bigger arm. He is more accurate. He played very well against awful defenses. And he succeeded in a true pro-style offense. That's not true for Manziel.

He'll get drafted. Maybe a team that needs some hype (a la Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland) etc. would take him in the 2nd-3rd. Ill be stunned if he gets taken in the first. It'll take another incredibly weak QB draft for that to have any chance of happening.

The point isnt what Wilson did at NC State or his rent a year at Wisky. THe point is the recent path of success the Wilsons, Kaps, RG3s have had and teams needing a QB drafting the next one of these guise.

And you will be shocked for sure then. JFF is a 1st rounder...

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's because you were in College Station at the time. It isn't normal for people to want to leave nice college towns, and that's not even considering the athlete factor.

College Station is a lot better after you turn 21. Stay tuned for more Johnny Drama next year where he won't need a fake ID to get hammered over in Northgate.:suds:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these badmin posts yet no link to original posting :wtf:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmmmmmmmm

lets count the johnny threads

?????????

Johnny threads
SEC OOC Threads
SOS threads...
2-1/2 months to go.
This is going to be a long summer.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny just needs to keep his mouth shut! SHUT UP! Play ball do what you do and stop posting on twitter. Bitch all you want in the confines of your place or buddy's place. He hates the press and drama but he only makes more it for himself.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was expected to compete for a starters position this year.

That being said, I think if I were to sucker punch someone and break their jaw, I would still be facing a felony charge. They may not have stepped in to help the kid but if they did it was to help the program save some face. It doesn't look good when players are charged and put on trial for felonies - even if the player is suspended. As a longhorn fan, you should know that.

I don't know the exact legal definitions in Texas, but in most State's Felony Assault requires "Great bodily injury." Usually that is defined as something which could cause disfigurement or reasonably certain to cause death.

A broken jaw is walking a very very fine line with "great bodily injury." It certainly does not = likely death. Disfigurement? Very iffy. Now, if the DA's office were to continue moving forward with that charge as a felony, and great bodily injury was not found - They lose. Case over. He walks.

I think it is very reasonable to assume they made a calculated decision, in knowing anticipation that they had overcharged the case. Should have been a misdemeanor all along.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this over a parking ticket.

I get pissed off when I get a ticket but unlike kids these days I don't tweet or vaguebook about it. And because it's JFF everyone blows it out of proportion.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this over a parking ticket.

I get pissed off when I get a ticket but unlike kids these days I don't tweet or vaguebook about it. And because it's JFF everyone blows it out of proportion.

Blow it out of proportion? He nearly transferred before the season......I'm hoping it was more than just a freaking ticket.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly transferred before last season. He wasn't announced as a starter until a week or so before the season started. He was thinking of transferring to JUCO last summer before practice started. He was horrible during the Spring game and probably wouldn't have been the #2 this time last year.