• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the exact legal definitions in Texas, but in most State's Felony Assault requires "Great bodily injury." Usually that is defined as something which could cause disfigurement or reasonably certain to cause death.

A broken jaw is walking a very very fine line with "great bodily injury." It certainly does not = likely death. Disfigurement? Very iffy. Now, if the DA's office were to continue moving forward with that charge as a felony, and great bodily injury was not found - They lose. Case over. He walks.

I think it is very reasonable to assume they made a calculated decision, in knowing anticipation that they had overcharged the case. Should have been a misdemeanor all along.

All courts overcharge. The only misdemeanors I've ever "guilty" of came because the wanted to charge me with 2 felonies. If I plea no contest, they would drop it down to misdemeanors.

I probably could have beat the charges, but 2 felonies vs 2 misdemeanors pretty much made it not worth the risk. Part of me wishes I had fought it, but i guess what I did was "smart".

And what made the particular charges felonies to begin with was a dollar amount in damage. A dollar amount set in like 1915 when $2500 was a large sum of money, but in today's value would only be a small fraction of it. Some laws are screwed up, and nothing will be done to fix them because some stupid politician will spin it as the other guy being "soft on crime" if they tried.

Made me lose faith in our justice system however. Cause of course, whoever actually did it got away with it, and I got stuck with the bill.

Overcharging is lame.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly transferred before last season. He wasn't announced as a starter until a week or so before the season started. He was thinking of transferring to JUCO last summer before practice started. He was horrible during the Spring game and probably wouldn't have been the #2 this time last year.

And he might not have had a choice after the fight/fake ID situation last summer. He was to be suspended for the 2012 season but had it overturned after an appeal.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Manziel CFBs biggest hypocrite

So last years Heisman Trophy winner says he can't stand all the attention he gets on campus at TAMU. Yet he has no issue going onto First Take during the NBA Finals and can throw out the first pitch at a MLB game. Personally, I think the kid is getting full of himself and is setting up for a major letdown this season ala Matt Barkley. :lame:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I hope he backs it up.. I'm a fan of his.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan as well. He needs to take a step back and assess the way he is beginning to be perceived. Perception is reality to many people.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to beat him. Hope OU gets another shot before he bails to the NFL.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what the kid is doing? It is his life. Why shouldn't he live it up if he wants? Why should he care what any of us think? It's amazing how people want to criticize others, and their accomplishments.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why people hate him, but I personally love the kid. He's incredible. So exciting, so fun to watch. I hope he fucking rips it up......again.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit, I'm a fan as well. Plus, what he said about College Station is spot on. C.S. is a major shithole. Why do you think none of their grads stay? Hell, they flock to big bro's town once they graduate b/c they know that's where the money is and don't feel like delivering pizzas or pump gas for a living in C.S. Anyway, Manziel is a stud. Not bad for a 3 star scrub nobody wanted. Oh, and for all of you new Aggy fans or Aggy alumni who have been hiding under a rock for the last 15 years, Sherman recruited J.F., not Sumlin.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to beat him. Hope OU gets another shot before he bails to the NFL.

Worst thing that could have happened was OU getting brutally raped by Aggy last year. Now Aggy is so damned cocky and actually think they deserve a BCS title for whipping Bama and OU. Even though we remind them to calm down b/c that was only their 3rd win vs OU in the last 12 years, it doesn't matter. The way they talk, you would think they have a 10 game winning streak against the Pooners.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know BAMA is counting down the days.

I haven't seen Bama get pushed around at their own house like that in years. Too bad the rest of the SEC shits themselves when they step on the field against Bama. SEC would actually be competitive if Bama had more than two tough opponents (LSU, Aggy).....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Bama get pushed around at their own house like that in years. Too bad the rest of the SEC shits themselves when they step on the field against Bama. SEC would actually be competitive if Bama had more than two tough opponents (LSU, Aggy).....

Looks like someone only watched the highlights on ESPN.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again with the JFF shit.:L Can't wait until the season starts so we can find something better to talk about.

Last season was a good one for us but we still have a long way to go. I know the talking heads are boosting the egos of aggies and it seems that the t-shirt fans are coming from everywhere now but a lot of us who stuck with A&M for 30-40 years know to take it one game at a time.

The difference in this program was Sumlin. After a decade of getting our asses kicked A&M finally hired a good HC. JFF was playing in Sumlins system. The kid is good but he struggled a lot at the beginning of the season and got a little better with each game.

I think Bama has a big advantage this year. Especially with our CB and SS on suspension AJ has the ability to pick us apart. Not to mention Saban has been able to stack six years worth of really good recruiting classes on top of each other. When Sumlin has been able to do that I'd say we deserve the high expectations that all the talking heads and t-shirt fans keep boasting about. But until then I don't consider 9+ wins a failure.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me some Johnny Fuckin Football...:yahoo:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it looks like you are now a full time resident in Delusionville

:L

Guess which team had more total yards in the game?

Why did A&M win? Alabama turned the ball over 3 times, A&M didn't and when JFF fumbled the ball it bounces right back into his hands so he can throw it for a TD.

LSU had more yards than A&M.

But all people like that guy saw was the 1st quarter highlights on ESPN.

You should be ashamed.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Guess which team had more total yards in the game?

Why did A&M win? Alabama turned the ball over 3 times, A&M didn't and when JFF fumbled the ball it bounces right back into his hands so he can throw it for a TD.

LSU had more yards than A&M.

But all people like that guy saw was the 1st quarter highlights on ESPN.

You should be ashamed.

And there you go being an elitist pompous asshole again.... Because only you and your opinion count on why Bama lost....

We have been down this road for a month straight and anyone who doesnt respect your imaginary authority is "this guy only watched highlights"... When in reality you have time and time again been made out to look like a goofball with at least two dozen posters arguing this same point.

If anyone should be ashamed it should be you...:suds:

Do you notice how well respected posters around here are starting to just walk away from your posts when you attempt to respond to their statements? They have been around the block with you and realize you really arent worthy of a CFB discussion more than 1 outta 5 times.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record "that guy" has made twice as many good posts in two days as you have in 3 months.

Just sayin...