• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spanish_inquisition.jpg

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if she knows this guy...
331n255.png

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it doesn't fit your narrative, all it shows is that all schools at some point in time have some bad apples do that do bad things.

I don't know about that, LawDawg. If someone on the team I support, misbehaves, I want him disciplined, suspended, or kicked off of the team, which is what they do in most cases. Hell, we fired our AD for that. But what I see with way too many teams is almost a sense of pride that they push the ethical envelop and recruit players who have no business attending a major university academically or morally. Ah, but they can play ball. At least I'll give Georgia props that they fired Evans and sent Crowell to some FCS school.

My biggest complaint is that we can't seem to make up our minds. If we want college football to be a professional farm club for the NFL and only care about the money it produces, then let's quit fooling ourselves. But if we want to have rules, then let's follow them. Otherwise, disband the NCAA, pay the players, and let them all take classes in basket weaving, weight lifting, and hiring criminal defense lawyers.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet we just heard from you about scheduling a strong OOC...including Arky.

Also, who is talking about this year?

Where in this post was the word "strong"?

Well, it's not going to happen this decade and won't happen as long as Dodds is AD. Texas has loaded up their OOC schedule through 2022, playing USC, Notre Dame, tOSU, Arky, UCLA, CAL, Maryland, BYU, etc. But it's not just us, TTECH and Baylor won't be playing ya'll as well. Aggy left, so don't expect any of the Big 12 South schools to play ya'll in OOC anytime soon. Which sux, b/c I want this game back ASAP!!!!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy hates signing autographs even for his own family - yet wants us to believe that:

1) He went out of his way,
2) On multiple occassions,
3) To places far away,
4) With and for strangers whom he doesn't know,
5) And spent hours of time signing thousands of autographs,
6) For people who will sell them for money,
7) And kept it quiet from the rest of the world including his own team:

All out of the goodness of his heart. :bullshit:

Is anyone really that stupid to believe that every single one of those things occurred at the same time?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy hates signing autographs even for his own family - yet wants us to believe that:

1) He went out of his way,
2) On multiple occassions,
3) To places far away,
4) With and for strangers whom he doesn't know,
5) And spent hours of time signing thousands of autographs,
6) For people who will sell them for money,
7) And kept it quiet from the rest of the world including his own team:

All out of the goodness of his heart. :bullshit:

Is anyone really that stupid to believe that every single one of those things occurred at the same time?

Johnny doesn't mind signing autographs for kids if they come up and ask him for one.

I can make it to the gate in 2.6 seconds...can you?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone in their right minds believes he didn't take money.

However, I think he should have a right to money generated from his own freaking name. I'd also like to see him play this year.

But you never know with the NCAA. They could let him off scott free or ban him for life or something else ridiculous.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
Do you believe Johnny Hancock?

Do you believe that Johnny Hancock (Manziel) freely signed 4400 autographs for brokers, which he knew were going to get paid for them, gratis or free of charge?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, can't believe we haven't discussed this before :noidea:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even VAGUELY do I believe that. But I don't think it matters, and I don't think it should be a violation. I also don't think they can prove it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,251.51
Fav. Team #1
Wow, can't believe we haven't discussed this before :noidea:

Yes, we have discussed it before. However, the disney sports network has it as an active poll. I want to know what others think. I want Manziel to play, but I don't want Texas A&M to get hammered if they do play him without authorization. I don't like any SEC school, except Auburn, to get hammered by the NCAA. I want Manziel to be present for the butt kicking he has coming on September 14th.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see the Kevin Sumlin's : T A&M weekly press conference? There was an odd moment...Basically right before Sumlin a statement from the Director of Athletics told the press that the topic of discussion was going to be on preparation of Rice, and not to discuss anything Johnny Manziel related.

[YOUTUBE]q6G-gTJjFEU#t=920[/YOUTUBE]

About half-way through (15:20 mark) an ESPN reporter tells Sumlin the Texas A&M Code of Honor and then asks Sumlin, how that code of honor will influence the decision for Johnny Manziel to play. It was definitely an awkward moment.

Code-of-Honor.jpg

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXu6l2EVcG4]Johnny Savings At Fowler Toyota - YouTube[/ame]

LOL!!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't give a crap one way or another. These kinds of infractions don't interest me much at all. It's the spending of money to get LOI that get my attention.

So I hope he comes back clean and gets to play.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope I do believe that 4k autographs were forged though.