• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Smiles..

Frankly, Alabama and LSU fans complaining about A & M sound like girls at the brothel complaining about the new girls' lack of morals.:noidea:

Boise State fans complaining about the SEC is like the UGLIEST girl at at the brothel complaining about the morals of the pretty girls because she can't get any action.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. We just took out, "And it's goodbye to A&M" and changed it to, "And it's goodbye to OU". There, all done. You people have to physically write an entire new song. Surely ya'll have to feel like a bunch of dumbfucks when you're still swaying back and forth "Sawing Varsity's Horns Off", no?

no, not really.

No. That's actually one of my favorite game day experiences. Notice how we sing the fight song at every quarter of every game and it isn't reserved for tu. It's a tradition like Gig 'Em and the 12th Man. It won't get changed. The game will be back and I believe that it will be back a lot sooner than people think. With the new playoff system there is going to be an emphasis on OOC SOS and both schools are going to have to drop one of their cuppy cakes for each other. Plus it will make too damn much money to keep from playing it.

And why not? Other SEC schools have annual cross conference rivalries like USC/Clemson and Florida and Florida State.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That's actually one of my favorite game day experiences. Notice how we sing the fight song at every quarter of every game and it isn't reserved for tu. It's a tradition like Gig 'Em and the 12th Man. It won't get changed. The game will be back and I believe that it will be back a lot sooner than people think. With the new playoff system there is going to be an emphasis on OOC SOS and both schools are going to have to drop one of their cuppy cakes for each other. Plus it will make too damn much money to keep from playing it.

And why not? Other SEC schools have annual cross conference rivalries like USC/Clemson and Florida and Florida State.

When it was first announced that the game was ending, I predicted that it would take a 3-4 year break, max. Just need each side to get the "pissy" out of their systems and move forward. Like you said, there is too much money on the line. The only question is if it will be a home and home or a neutral site game. Of course Jerry would be in the mix. Not sure if Reliant or anyone else would bid for it, or just keep it home/home. Doubt Texas wants to play two games a season in Dallas.

A&M has Oregon on the books for 2018 and 2019, but going to need a decent OOC game in between. It will happen.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it's not going to happen this decade and won't happen as long as Dodds is AD. Texas has loaded up their OOC schedule through 2022, playing USC, Notre Dame, tOSU, Arky, UCLA, CAL, Maryland, BYU, etc. But it's not just us, TTECH and Baylor won't be playing ya'll as well. Aggy left, so don't expect any of the Big 12 South schools to play ya'll in OOC anytime soon. Which sux, b/c I want this game back ASAP!!!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not going to happen this decade and won't happen as long as Dodds is AD. Texas has loaded up their OOC schedule through 2022, playing USC, Notre Dame, tOSU, Arky, UCLA, CAL, Maryland, BYU, etc. But it's not just us, TTECH and Baylor won't be playing ya'll as well. Aggy left, so don't expect any of the Big 12 South schools to play ya'll in OOC anytime soon. Which sux, b/c I want this game back ASAP!!!!

Big12 South? What is that :boink:

And I'm sure TCU would be willing to hook up, if all else fails. TTech is a natural choice as well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, just remembered we cancelled the Oregon games. DOH

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 South? What is that :boink:

And I'm sure TCU would be willing to hook up, if all else fails. TTech is a natural choice as well.

You know, I can totally see Dodds calling up both schools and cock blocking Aggy from playing any current Texas BIG 12 schools.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Farmers are beginning to develop a good rivalry with Sam Houston State Directional :clap:

Well, when all the best teams are already on the conference schedule...:noidea:

If A&M played powerhouses like TT, TCU, Baylor then I'd be looking for the best OOC teams as well. :whistle:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I can totally see Dodds calling up both schools and cock blocking Aggy from playing any current Texas BIG 12 schools.

Considering that is the Texas way...our way or the highway...I don't disagree with ya.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when all the best teams are already on the conference schedule...:noidea:

If A&M played powerhouses like TT, TCU, Baylor then I'd be looking for the best OOC teams as well. :whistle:

Yes, as opposed to playing extreme powerhouses like Mrs. State, Ole Mrs., ARKy, AU, Vandy and MIZZOU...Your schedule is an absolute joke this year....

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you here. The first time I heard that was from an old Navy buddy who is a LSU fan.

So, you hear that from one "buddy" and we can attribute that mentality to all SEC fans? :L

I actually expect better from you, loopy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as opposed to playing extreme powerhouses like Mrs. State, Ole Mrs., ARKy, AU, Vandy and MIZZOU...Your schedule is an absolute joke this year....

Yet we just heard from you about scheduling a strong OOC...including Arky.

Also, who is talking about this year?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ having a buddy who's a LSU fan.
You meet all kinds in the military, we didn't judge where you came from. We just laughed when you walked away. ha j/k

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA: "So Johnny did you receive money for autographs?"

JFF: "No I did not."

NCAA: "Are you willing to sign a sworn statement to that effect?"

JFF: "Sure. For fifty dollars."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA: "So Johnny did you receive money for autographs?"

JFF: "No I did not."

NCAA: "Are you willing to sign a sworn statement to that effect?"

JFF: "Sure. For fifty dollars."

:laugh3:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David is such a kidder. Thinking he is good enough to warrant Heisman attention.

Maybe not the Heisman, but Ash got the attention of Beyoncé....

Attachments

• beyonce.jpg
    beyonce.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 50

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,639.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA investigators meet with Johnny Manziel for 6 hours

NCAA investigators spent a large chunk of Sunday with Johnny Manziel, questioning the Texas A&M quarterback about allegations from memorabilia dealers that he accepted payments for autographs, a source familiar with the investigation told ESPN.com on Monday night.

The governing body's officials met with Manziel, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, for nearly six hours on the College Station, Texas, campus, the source said.

Manziel denied in the meetings that he ever took money for signing autographs, CBSSports.com reported, citing sources close to the player.

It was unclear whether the NCAA was satisfied with the initial meeting with Manziel or if it would require additional time with the redshirt sophomore. Texas A&M's season begins Saturday, at home against Rice. Manziel has taken all of his practice reps with the first team, and barring a decision by the NCAA, the school has until kickoff to make any decision on whether he starts.

Source: ESPN