• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Brown fired by end of year, Texas places 5th in the Big 12 despite having more talent than any team in the conference. Oh yea, and Ole Miss beats the spread.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Brown fired by end of year, Texas places 5th in the Big 12 despite having more talent than any team in the conference. Oh yea, and Ole Miss beats the spread.

You're saying this as though I should be offended. If by some miracle of god Texas places 5th, then Mack should get fired. LOL at Team SEC already claiming a moral victory by stating Ole Mrs beats the spread......

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, you don't know jack shit. Well, that isn't totally true .. you are an envious Texas fan that will dump on TAMU any chance you get. So, you know all about being a hater.

Second, this is actually very significant ... if they are going to play him, they have to be, I repeat, have to be, very certain that he didn't do it. To play him would mean that they would forfeit all games he played in if he is later found to have done what it is alleged he did. As good as JF is, they can win most of the games without him. They would never take that risk. This is good news for TAMU fans.

Actually, they just have to be certain that it can't be proven that he took any money!! Him not taking money simply defies logic. Think about it: you have a guy who supposedly doesn't like signing autographs, who is going to spend a few hours signing hundreds of pieces of memorabilia for a guy that he just met, out of the kindness of his heart? Doesn't make sense.

However, it's like the Cam Newton situation. It's not logical that Cecil would turn down money from Miss. St. for Cam to go play at Auburn for free, but there was no proof that money changed hands!!

As long as TAMU is reasonably certain that nothing can be proven, Manziel will play!!

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sumlin will go out like Chizik when Johnny Ca$h

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they just have to be certain that it can't be proven that he took any money!! Him not taking money simply defies logic. Think about it: you have a guy who supposedly doesn't like signing autographs, who is going to spend a few hours signing hundreds of pieces of memorabilia for a guy that he just met, out of the kindness of his heart? Doesn't make sense.

However, it's like the Cam Newton situation. It's not logical that Cecil would turn down money from Miss. St. for Cam to go play at Auburn for free, but there was no proof that money changed hands!!

As long as TAMU is reasonably certain that nothing can be proven, Manziel will play!!

I agree that it defies logic. I kind of disagree with your conclusion, although I think we more in agreement than less. Unless they are certain that he won't be found in eligible at any level, they won't play him. They simply can't afford to do otherwise. UGa has had to do that a couple times where they weren't certain whether the NCAA was going to penalize a player, or for how long, so they kept him out. I think that was the AJ Greene scenario. To do otherwise means you will lose games you otherwise might/could have won. You can be sure that TAMU has been all over this and that unless they are totally certain they will err on the side of being conservative.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
I am not sure why people say that. NCAA is not the court of law. I would think a USC fan would realize that. NCAA can make a ruling based on reasonable doubt. I think we all know he took money, but I believe the NCAA will find away to let him play.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it defies logic. I kind of disagree with your conclusion, although I think we more in agreement than less. Unless they are certain that he won't be found in eligible at any level, they won't play him. They simply can't afford to do otherwise. UGa has had to do that a couple times where they weren't certain whether the NCAA was going to penalize a player, or for how long, so they kept him out. I think that was the AJ Greene scenario. To do otherwise means you will lose games you otherwise might/could have won. You can be sure that TAMU has been all over this and that unless they are totally certain they will err on the side of being conservative.
-
I think it is a huge gamble to play JFF in the first 2 games. I certainly would not be risking in those games, because there is little upside to him playing and huge downside. If the NCAA has proven anything it is that they are consistently inconsistent

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Way to go aggies.

1) Johnny gets arrested and is told he will be suspended - but then they don't
2) Another starter gets arrested for assault and battery - and you throw an entire 1/2 game suspension down. Ouch.
3) Announced that they will play johnny hollywood. Nevermind that the entire football world knows what happened. We all know he took money, and the aggies do too. Nonetheless, lets go ahead and play him anyways.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised - coming from the same program that ran one of the biggest cheating eras in college football history, lied to an entire conference, and put made up wins and titles on its new stadium which they never won.:lame:

1. Johnny got arrested during the summer of '12 back when there was no starter going into the fall Sumlin didn't name him the starter until the end of August but he was disciplined for what he did.

2.The AD is the one who decides their punishment. They did serve some time in jail for misdemeanor charges when they told the police what happened.

3. If there is any evidence that Johnny indeed took money then by all means suspend him. But since there is no proof that it happened there's no case. Speculate all you want but that's not how the system works. All this stuff is just hearsay.

I can make it to the gate in 2.6 seconds....can you

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Way to go aggies.

1) Johnny gets arrested and is told he will be suspended - but then they don't
2) Another starter gets arrested for assault and battery - and you throw an entire 1/2 game suspension down. Ouch.
3) Announced that they will play johnny hollywood. Nevermind that the entire football world knows what happened. We all know he took money, and the aggies do too. Nonetheless, lets go ahead and play him anyways.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised - coming from the same program that ran one of the biggest cheating eras in college football history, lied to an entire conference, and put made up wins and titles on its new stadium which they never won.:lame:

HjNMr.gif

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, you don't know jack shit. Well, that isn't totally true .. you are an envious Texas fan that will dump on TAMU any chance you get. So, you know all about being a hater.

Second, this is actually very significant ... if they are going to play him, they have to be, I repeat, have to be, very certain that he didn't do it. To play him would mean that they would forfeit all games he played in if he is later found to have done what it is alleged he did. As good as JF is, they can win most of the games without him. They would never take that risk. This is good news for TAMU fans.

You act like this is a court of law and he is entitled to proof beyond all reasonable doubt. Sorry - wrong place, wrong burden.

You have a kid going to multiple places, with basically strangers, signing thousands of autographs for people that will sell them for money, and not telling anyone about it. And you somehow think this adds up to being legit? Him doing this for strangers just out of the goodness of his heart? :lol:

1) Listen to what every single announcer, radio host, sports personality, etc... have said. The same thing I said.
2) Take a poll. Ask 1 single question: "Do you think he got paid"? How do you think that one would turn out? What would you yourself vote?

Of course he took money. Not even most aggie fans would dispute that. Even with them its now turned from "he didn't do it" to "well, its going to be difficult to prove it."

Finally, of course I am a hater. That's kind of what rivals do, is hate the other side. Is that supposed to be some kind of an insult?

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not rivals. Take your hate over to the land thieves board.

IF anybody had any proof. Any proof at all. One single shred of evidence that JFF took a dime for a single autograph - It would have surfaced by now. But they got nada, just a bunch of butt hurt merch brokers that lost money because they can no longer tag "Johnny Football" on everything and had their ebay shut down. They have a reporter who has been proven to be one of the most gullible sports reporters in the business taking a bunch of bullshit from unreliable "sources" and running with it without bothering to fact check any of it. "Sources" that not only refuse to cooperate with the investigation but have fallen off the grid. And lastly ESPiN, The World Wide Leader in reporting rumors and bullshit like it's breaking news and looping it on 24 hours cycles. Ask Mike Leach what he thinks about the accuracy of ESPN's reporting.

Everett and Raven were at a club and got kicked out along with the guys that were fucking with them and starting a fight. They actually did the right thing and WENT HOME. These douche canoes followed them home and kept fucking with them and got their asses kicked. Did they have a right to be pissed by getting champagne spray on them? sure. But don't be a little bitch when you follow a guy to his house to try and fight him and you get curb stomped. Personally, I think a half-game is too much. Maybe Sumlin should've had a team vote...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the first freshman to ever win the Heisman is a great way to do it too.
That is true the B12 recruit did run all over those SEC defenses.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not rivals. Take your hate over to the land thieves board.

IF anybody had any proof. Any proof at all. One single shred of evidence that JFF took a dime for a single autograph - It would have surfaced by now. But they got nada, just a bunch of butt hurt merch brokers that lost money because they can no longer tag "Johnny Football" on everything and had their ebay shut down. They have a reporter who has been proven to be one of the most gullible sports reporters in the business taking a bunch of bullshit from unreliable "sources" and running with it without bothering to fact check any of it. "Sources" that not only refuse to cooperate with the investigation but have fallen off the grid. And lastly ESPiN, The World Wide Leader in reporting rumors and bullshit like it's breaking news and looping it on 24 hours cycles. Ask Mike Leach what he thinks about the accuracy of ESPN's reporting.

Everett and Raven were at a club and got kicked out along with the guys that were fucking with them and starting a fight. They actually did the right thing and WENT HOME. These douche canoes followed them home and kept fucking with them and got their asses kicked. Did they have a right to be pissed by getting champagne spray on them? sure. But don't be a little bitch when you follow a guy to his house to try and fight him and you get curb stomped. Personally, I think a half-game is too much. Maybe Sumlin should've had a team vote...

Shouldn't you change your screenname first, since we're not rivals? Also, ya'll desperately need a new fight song, too.....

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like this is a court of law and he is entitled to proof beyond all reasonable doubt. Sorry - wrong place, wrong burden.

You have a kid going to multiple places, with basically strangers, signing thousands of autographs for people that will sell them for money, and not telling anyone about it. And you somehow think this adds up to being legit? Him doing this for strangers just out of the goodness of his heart? :lol:

1) Listen to what every single announcer, radio host, sports personality, etc... have said. The same thing I said.
2) Take a poll. Ask 1 single question: "Do you think he got paid"? How do you think that one would turn out? What would you yourself vote?

Of course he took money. Not even most aggie fans would dispute that. Even with them its now turned from "he didn't do it" to "well, its going to be difficult to prove it."

Finally, of course I am a hater. That's kind of what rivals do, is hate the other side. Is that supposed to be some kind of an insult?
No ... I just pointed out the obvious ... you don't know jack shit. Hey, everything they are accusing him of could be true. But unless you are on the NCAA investigating team, all you know is "what everyone else is saying." Which means you don't know jack shit. Personally, I really don't care about JF ... truth will win out in the end. But, you butthurt Texas fans kill me with all your TAMU hate. You want to convict the guy based on what talking heads say, and let's take a poll. Good grief.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't you change your screenname first, since we're not rivals? Also, ya'll desperately need a new fight song, too.....

this shit again? Fine...

And based on how yours was created...you do too.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've thought about it. Had the same screen name since 2007 at *BS.

For years all I've heard from texas fans is:
You're not our rival.
OU is our rival.
Aggies are the only ones that consider us a rivalry.
etc

then we move to the SEC and all I hear is:
The rivalry is dead.
Aggies left the rivalry.
No more rivalry.
etc.

But yet somehow, almost every thread that is A&M related gets turned into a longhorn vs Aggie pissing match.

So when I state that we aren't rivals, and I do it a lot, it is purely sarcasm.

I need to put one of these after those statements in the future:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am not sure why people say that. NCAA is not the court of law. I would think a USC fan would realize that. NCAA can make a ruling based on reasonable doubt. I think we all know he took money, but I believe the NCAA will find away to let him play.

The difference between the Manziel situation and the Bush situation at USC is in the proof!! So far, there is no physical proof that Manziel was paid anything. No one has presented any receipts or been willing to testify that he was paid.

In the Bush situation, it was proven that the Bush family took money. There were receipts and people willing to testify against them. That is the part of the case that the NCAA was able to prove!!

The problem that most have with the NCAA's ruling against USC was that the NCAA was never able to prove that USC had any knowledge that the Bush family was being paid or that USC participated in any way!!

The NCAA, however, applied NCAA logic (which we all know is different than real world logic) and said that USC "should have known" and then punished as if USC did know!!