• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this would be JFF waling into SEC Media Days 20 years from now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're crazy for saying he isn't proven for the team.

He isn't proven. I'm extremely excited for his potential, but one season with sketchy health doesn't prove him yet. Don't get ahead of yourself right away.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly puzzled by those that honestly believe Manziel to be an NFL QB.

Even the success of guys like Newton, RGIII, and Wilson have yet to play out and they all have a much better ability to throw a football. Not only stronger arms, but more accurate, and with serious NFL ability.

I've stated this before, but an NFL QB is about delivering strikes to players in precise routes while in the pocket. When Johnny can deliver a strike on a 15 yard out that is on a stripe, I'll perk up and pay attention. When Johnny can deliver a post on a stripe over a LB and under a Safety put in perfect unison with the intended target, I'll take notice.

Sorry. Haven't seen either. And those are the throws that display true arm strength. It also wouldn't hurt to see him throw a go route for 40 or + yards which Sumlin does like to run but hasn't with Manziel.

The real question NFL teams have to ask themselves is whether Manziel can win football games from the pocket. Because legit NFL QB's win football games by throwing the football from the pocket. Period. Newton, RGIII, and Wilson all have the ability to beat teams by throwing the football from the pocket. Can Manziel? I have serious doubts he can, and serious doubts about his true arm strength.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two future starting NFL quarterbacks right here: (BTW, Taylor is barely a legit 6'1".... So yeah.)

BPeakc9CIAA1JcT.jpg:large

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two future starting NFL quarterbacks right here: (BTW, Taylor is barely a legit 6'1".... So yeah.)

Taylor is more around 6'0". Maybe a legit 6'1" on a good day, so yes I agree.

Good comparison. They both have that steel wool hair working for them, and both can't throw a football that should excite any NFL team or NFL scout.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think you have never even seen a single game either one has played.

Especially Manziel.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think you have never even seen a single game either one has played.

Especially Manziel.

Please show me a collage of videos of his throwing prowess.

Not his scrambling ability, but his ability to really spin and throw the football. Along with his true intelligence of playing the QB position. You can't just wing it in the NFL. You have to be able to read defenses, throw stripes, and be a true leader to be a winning QB in the NFL.

Does he lead WRs/TEs into throws and completions? Does he beat guys with true intelligence in back shoulder throws? Can he beat guys with solid fade routes? Can he read through progressions and find the 3rd or 4th receiver?

And oh yeah, you are right, I don't "watch" football, nor do I know a single thing about it.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinion of Eric Crouch? I was and am a huge fan of his.

Said recently that he regrets not taking being a receiver more seriously. His heart wasn't in it at the time. Only wanted to play QB.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasky IF Taylor Martinez is a STARTING Quaterback in the NFL. I do hope you are kidding in that previous post, but if you were somehow serious in that statement and IF he is, I will don a Nebraska avatar of your choosing for an entire year.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not his scrambling ability, but his ability to really spin and throw the football. Along with his true intelligence of playing the QB position. You can't just wing it in the NFL. You have to be able to read defenses, throw stripes, and be a true leader to be a winning QB in the NFL.

Does he lead WRs/TEs into throws and completions? Does he beat guys with true intelligence in back shoulder throws? Can he beat guys with solid fade routes? Can he read through progressions and find the 3rd or 4th receiver?

And oh yeah, you are right, I don't "watch" football, nor do I know a single thing about it.

Ok now I know you didn't watch any of his games.

As a true Freshman he threw for 3,706 yds and 26 TD's with a 68% completion percentage.

The TAMU offense is not a half-field read system. He is required to read the entire field.

I love that we live in a day and age where we are making automatic judgments about a players NFL ability before they even start their Sophomore year. :L

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now I know you didn't watch any of his games.

As a true Freshman he threw for 3,706 yds and 26 TD's with a 68% completion percentage.

The TAMU offense is not a half-field read system. He is required to read the entire field.

I love that we live in a day and age where we are making automatic judgments about a players NFL ability before they even start their Sophomore year. :L

you're right, so its silly to claim he will be an NFL first rounder and starter than too huh?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasky IF Taylor Martinez is a STARTING Quaterback in the NFL. I do hope you are kidding in that previous post, but if you were somehow serious in that statement and IF he is, I will don a Nebraska avatar of your choosing for an entire year.

Anyone who knows me knows I was kidding about Taylor.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is more around 6'0". Maybe a legit 6'1" on a good day, so yes I agree.

Good comparison. They both have that steel wool hair working for them, and both can't throw a football that should excite any NFL team or NFL scout.

I noticed the nice watch, and you noticed their hair. :suspicious:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The knock on him is that his deep ball tends to die at the end, but his short to midrange is spot on. He can read the defenses well, and he is pretty accurate...can thread the needle.