• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Recruiting Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't. Michigan is still fighting for Crouch and maybe they can get a DT. Ford is possible but at this point he might want to stay out west. Also I know you guys are almost a lock for Foskey, but what if his grades aren't up to par for you guys but are for Michigan?

I have no idea who you are talking about. I don't follow it all that closely. ND is in the top 15, I'm fine with it. I know we aren't landing top 5 classes.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who you are talking about. I don't follow it all that closely. ND is in the top 15, I'm fine with it. I know we aren't landing top 5 classes.
Dude ND and Michigan absolutely can land top 5 classes. We just need to cheat like the top 3 do. Ala Bagmen.

I'm convinced only USC doesn't need to cheat out of anyone, because of the COEDs and area. All Socal kids want USC even if it's a dumpster fire.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I added more above - to summarize. OSU might land a recruit or two, but I don't think they'll get 5+ more guys to sign by then. Maybe I'm wrong. We haven't had these two signing days long enough to know the full impacts but last year classes were mostly set after the first.

I don't think they will get 5+ either. But you've been acting like recruiting is over.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they will get 5+ either. But you've been acting like recruiting is over.
Another factor is transfers. That Georgia QB is looking at OSU. If they fill a spot like that it doesn't factor into class rankings but can be even more helpful than normal recruits.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude ND and Michigan absolutely can land top 5 classes. We just need to cheat like the top 3 do. Ala Bagmen.

I'm convinced only USC doesn't need to cheat out of anyone, because of the COEDs and area. All Socal kids want USC even if it's a dumpster fire.

ND hasn't landed a top 5 class in this century would be my guess. But obviously we don't have to to make the CFP or play for a title.

Our 2015 class was ranked #13
Our 2016 class was ranked #15
Our 2017 class was ranked #10

We have a 3 star at QB. I don't get too worked up over recruiting in general.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another factor is transfers. That Georgia QB is looking at OSU. If they fill a spot like that it doesn't factor into class rankings but can be even more helpful than normal recruits.

Agreed. And grad transfers are starting to become more prevalent in CFB so that's not out of the question either.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND hasn't landed a top 5 class in this century would be my guess. But obviously we don't have to make the CFP or play for a title.

Our 2015 class was ranked #13
Our 2016 class was ranked #15
Our 2017 class was ranked #10

We have a 3 star at QB. I don't get too worked up over recruiting in general.
I feel like it matters if you want to be more consistent though.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people rip him, but Shea has been pretty good. I think coaching has held him down tbh.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it matters if you want to be more consistent though.

Kelly has had one bad year really since he's been here and that was 2016. I know we aren't going to be in contention every year, unless we are lucky, but outside of Bama and Clemson everyone else is in the same situation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you remove all of our 3 stars, we rank literally 1 spot behind Ohio State. Those 3 stars are also important for depth. I actually think it's a benifit to have a class this size more than 50% filled with highly ranked talent, and then filled with guys the coaches liked in the 3 star range. You do find talent there and some of those 3 stars are borderline 4 star guys. A lot of them have a fourth star on one of the sites but just don't average a 4th in the 247 collective rankings.

Here is the issue with that depth — remember all the top ranked classes OSU has had — they have so many returning, they aren’t bringing in a full class.

If you want to get a picture of how far UM is from a #1 recruiting class. UM has like 11 or 12 guys ranked below the lowest ranked guy that Bama signed. That is ABSURD.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the issue with that depth — remember all the top ranked classes OSU has had — they have so many returning, they aren’t bringing in a full class.

If you want to get a picture of how far UM is from a #1 recruiting class. UM has like 11 or 12 guys ranked below the lowest ranked guy that Bama signed. That is ABSURD.
#1 rule of college football, never compare yourself to Bama....in anything.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect around 20-22 but yeah it will take some time recruiting wise. Urban was second only to Saban but I think Day can still produce top 10 classes year after year but it just won't be the same, which is expected. This number better not stay this low.

OSU will always bring in top 15 classes just by being OSU.

I’m more curious how he handles the roster/scholarship count. Meyer was/is cut throat with his roster management. All the top coaches are. But many don’t handle their roster like that which effects recruiting classes and depth.

No offense, but I hope Day is a guy who doesn’t handle his roster like that

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people rip him, but Shea has been pretty good. I think coaching has held him down tbh.
I think he could be let loose more. I'm still hoping he sticks around. He did an excellent job this year and really controlled the ball well. Rarely made mistakes.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 rule of college football, never compare yourself to Bama....in anything.

Just pointing out how far away we are and also the fact OSU had a better class than Alabama last year, which has to do with them having a lower number this year in recruits.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out how far away we are and also the fact OSU had a better class than Alabama last year, which has to do with them having a lower number this year in recruits.

I really don't think we're that far from being at OSU's level....especially with one of the greatest coaches to ever coach (and recruit) college football gone from their sidelines. Make no mistake, their class would be ahead of ours if Urban was still there.

The fact is, Michigan has had 3 top 10 recruiting classes in the last 4 cycles. So we have as much talent in that cycle as probably any team outside of Alabama, OSU and maybe someone like Clemson or Georgia.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think we're that far from being at OSU's level....especially with one of the greatest coaches to ever coach (and recruit) college football gone from their sidelines. Make no mistake, their class would be ahead of ours if Urban was still there.

The fact is, Michigan has had 3 top 10 recruiting classes in the last 4 cycles. So we have as much talent in that cycle as probably any team outside of Alabama, OSU and maybe someone like Clemson or Georgia.

No doubt — I agree we have top 10 level talent on our team. Unfortunately, the team we have to beat to win our division have top 3 talent on their team.

I hope UM’s class this year helped make up for the speed difference on the field. I know we made sure to sign more speed guys. Hopefully they pan out

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt — I agree we have top 10 level talent on our team. Unfortunately, the team we have to beat to win our division have top 3 talent on their team.

I hope UM’s class this year helped make up for the speed difference on the field. I know we made sure to sign more speed guys. Hopefully they pan out
As much as OSU sucked this year...the reality is that we're putting ourselves in the right position. We finished 2nd in the division. We're close. And losing Urban might be the thing that helps us at least balance out this rivalry a bit. I really think people are underestimating that loss. If Alabama loses Saban, they're still going to be good but that's a blow you can't replace.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has to have another strong class like this one in 2020 to completely offset last years disaster (and YES it was a total disaster, half of the class was rated 500th+ nationally and they didnt land a single top 100 player)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as OSU sucked this year...the reality is that we're putting ourselves in the right position. We finished 2nd in the division. We're close. And losing Urban might be the thing that helps us at least balance out this rivalry a bit. I really think people are underestimating that loss. If Alabama loses Saban, they're still going to be good but that's a blow you can't replace.

The 2nd place finish was with OSU taking a knee inside our 10 so they didn’t put up 70 and beat us by 30.

This was the first year with a team of almost all Harbaugh recruits. That isn’t close. That is embarrassing. It not only cost us the B1G and a shot at the CFP, but it costs Zach Harrison too.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Day will fair better than some Michigan fans think. He's "unproven" but hes not some random no name assistant. Likely he wont consistently match Meyer when it comes to recruiting on the national level (who can besides Saban) but I don't expect the drop off to be that significant. We will see pretty quick though the 2020 class was expected to be strong for us, if he can hold that together. Barring total disaster with on field results it'll be alright.