• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Braves season thread

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our 2020 starting OF will be Acuna in left, Pache in center and Drew Waters in right.

I've been lower on Riley than pretty much anyone since last year.

Would have loved to have flipped him and Soroka. Package them two together and we could have gotten damn near anybody we wanted short of Mike Trout and Mookie Betts.

I obviously hope I'm wrong and it turns out Riley is the next Chipper, but I think it's more likely he'll be like Joey Gallo. A lot of homers, a lot of strikeouts and a low batting average.
This. If both fail to amount to much here and JTR/Kluber/etc etc excel with their teams, AA is gonna look like more of an ass than he already does. Unwilling to spend and too stupid with trades

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. If both fail to amount to much here and JTR/Kluber/etc etc excel with their teams, AA is gonna look like more of an ass than he already does. Unwilling to spend and too stupid with trades

And to me at least, even if Riley does turn into a solid player, having Johan Camargo makes him expendable. Camargo was nearly a 4 WAR player last year and that was after missing the first few weeks with injury, a slow start after he came back and then riding the bench through the Jose Bautista experiment.

That's a pretty damn good player.

Which is also why I'm not too worried about Donaldson's injury history.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck AA.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to me at least, even if Riley does turn into a solid player, having Johan Camargo makes him expendable. Camargo was nearly a 4 WAR player last year and that was after missing the first few weeks with injury, a slow start after he came back and then riding the bench through the Jose Bautista experiment.

I hope Camargo sees plenty of time. I’m concerned he’ll be under-utilized.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Camargo played great last year, I'm not convinced yet that he can do it again. Maybe he can. I really like him in a super utility role.

I'm really interested to see Pache and Waters come up through the system this year.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm starting to agree with this. Coppy overstepped his bounds, AA doesn't seem to do anything though.

We can't seem to win on the GM hirings lately. Wren, Coppy, AA....still yet TBD but I'm kinda meh so far

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty clear that the team doesn't view Camargo as an every day player. he's an insurance policy if Swanson doesn't improve his bat + if Donaldson doesn't work out.

Riley is going to be the 3B of the future.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AA is gonna look like more of an ass than he already does. Unwilling to spend and too stupid with trades
In reality, AA doesn't control the purse strings. He can spend what ownership allows him to spend.

The rest (trades) I am still reserving judgement on...for now. As Chewy said, the Braves have the pieces to make big deals happen.

Patience isn't always stupid.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camargo played great last year, I'm not convinced yet that he can do it again. Maybe he can. I really like him in a super utility role.

I'm really interested to see Pache and Waters come up through the system this year.

Ultimately, I would like to see Camargo at SS. I like Dansby, but I like Camargo more and SS is his natural position. Coming up, Camargo was thought of by the organization to be Atlanta's best defensive infielder. Many still think so.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality, AA doesn't control the purse strings. He can spend what ownership allows him to spend.

The rest (trades) I am still reserving judgement on...for now. As Chewy said, the Braves have the pieces to make big deals happen.

Patience isn't always stupid.
Absolutely agree with you about him having no real control over payroll. However, don't tell fans we "can shop any aisle" and then backtrack and say we could shop in any aisle, we didn't say we would

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, I would like to see Camargo at SS. I like Dansby, but I like Camargo more and SS is his natural position. Coming up, Camargo was thought of by the organization to be Atlanta's best defensive infielder. Many still think so.
I'm willing to give Dansby this year to see how he does. His defense has improved tremendously. If his wrist injury was the cause of his hitting woes and it's healed this year then we should give him a chance. He's still young, and I felt like rushed to the bigs.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost to the Tigers 7-6.

Not a good day for Touki. 1IP 5ER

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filthydelphia has put quite a lineup together.

Must be nice to have ownership looking to spend the money it takes to win.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touki's had a rough start to the spring, Soroka had a set back.

That 5th spot might end up coming down to Fried and Kyle Wright.

Though just going by stat lines, Kyle Muller has been the most impressive prospect so far, though his was a late game relief appearance and probably pitching against a bunch of first cuts.