• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Braves season thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a scenario for y'all, say its the end of June and we're in the hunt but second/third in the division...Ender has struggled, Pache continues raking like he did in ST, do you trade Ender and call Pache up? And if so do you go after bullpen help (assuming we don't land Kimbrel) or a bench piece or SP? Perhaps a package deal with Tehran

Personally, I trade him and give Pache a shot. I'd probably try to after a solid bench piece or 4th OF and a prospect or 2

Ender is very dispensable with Pache waiting. If we get a good offer, I'd take it now.

If we don't get bullpen help, we're not gonna be in contention at the end of June. We might sign Kimbrel and O'Day and Minter might come back strong, but as it stands now, we have 3 rookie starters and no bullpen.

I'm higher on Teheran than most. In reality, he's our third starter, and he's not a bad third starter. I'd rather ship off Newcomb. At least Julio can grind and give you innings.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a scenario for y'all, say its the end of June and we're in the hunt but second/third in the division...Ender has struggled, Pache continues raking like he did in ST, do you trade Ender and call Pache up? And if so do you go after bullpen help (assuming we don't land Kimbrel) or a bench piece or SP? Perhaps a package deal with Tehran

Personally, I trade him and give Pache a shot. I'd probably try to after a solid bench piece or 4th OF and a prospect or 2

You had me sold when you mentioned getting rid of Teheran.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me sold when you mentioned getting rid of Teheran.

Teheran isn't the problem. He's only bad when mentioned as an ace. He's not our ace, or even second option.

He's a solid third option, and he's cheaper than most third options.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teheran isn't the problem. He's only bad when mentioned as an ace. He's not our ace, or even second option.

He's a solid third option, and he's cheaper than most third options.

He gives me whiplash.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gives me whiplash.

He's gonna give you at least 6 innings at around 3 runs most every start. That's not an ace, but it gives your team a chance to win, and not bad at all for a third option.

Sub 4 ERA last season with a WHIP under 1.2. He's not an ace or a Cy Young candidate, but he's not terrible by any means, and he'd get more than what he's making now on the open market.

When he hangs one, it gets hit a mile, but you're ignoring everything else if that's all you see.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ender is very dispensable with Pache waiting. If we get a good offer, I'd take it now.

If we don't get bullpen help, we're not gonna be in contention at the end of June. We might sign Kimbrel and O'Day and Minter might come back strong, but as it stands now, we have 3 rookie starters and no bullpen.

I'm higher on Teheran than most. In reality, he's our third starter, and he's not a bad third starter. I'd rather ship off Newcomb. At least Julio can grind and give you innings.
Agreed. On Ender, it's only one game but yesterday looked like the same ole Ender. Unless he gets extremely hot, I'd be very surprised if he's not traded and Pache called up

If we can sign Kimbrel, get Minter and O'Day and a couple of the kids in the bullpen then the pen should be pretty good. Players like Jackson really put a negative light on the bullpen

Teheran, I dunno. He's just up and down. When he's on, he's solid. When he's bad, he's AWFUL and gets hammered. My thinking is, package Ender and Teheran together and get a solid 2, or even an ace if you throw in one or 2 of the kids.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna give you at least 6 innings at around 3 runs most every start. That's not an ace, but it gives your team a chance to win, and not bad at all for a third option.

Sub 4 ERA last season with a WHIP under 1.2. He's not an ace or a Cy Young candidate, but he's not terrible by any means, and he'd get more than what he's making now on the open market.

When he hangs one, it gets hit a mile, but you're ignoring everything else if that's all you see.
I'm willing to give him some time this season. He's put on weight and was consistently 92-93 mph yesterday. If he can maintain that 92-93 and avoid 88-89 mph then he can certainly do as you say and go 6 giving up 3 or 4 runs

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to give him some time this season. He's put on weight and was consistently 92-93 mph yesterday. If he can maintain that 92-93 and avoid 88-89 mph then he can certainly do as you say and go 6 giving up 3 or 4 runs

He was fine yesterday. A bit of bad luck cost him a couple runs with 2 outs to ruin what could have been a gem.

I'm still saying if Wes Parsons started the 6th inning, there's a real good chance we're winning that game. I know it's spring training, but a 17:1 K:BB ratio and 0 earned runs has to earn him a real shot instead of just cleanup duty for one batter after the game is already out of hand doesn't it? Game would be tied at 3-3 the next inning, and if Luke Jackson still came in with the game tied, fire Snit on the spot.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fine yesterday. A bit of bad luck cost him a couple runs with 2 outs to ruin what could have been a gem.

I'm still saying if Wes Parsons started the 6th inning, there's a real good chance we're winning that game. I know it's spring training, but a 17:1 K:BB ratio and 0 earned runs has to earn him a real shot instead of just cleanup duty for one batter after the game is already out of hand doesn't it? Game would be tied at 3-3 the next inning, and if Luke Jackson still came in with the game tied, fire Snit on the spot.
Agreed. We had a chance to win until Jackson came in. You have to think that Luke Jackson won't be here for long when we start getting some guys healthy

I mean I don't know how he wasn't DFA'd in the offseason but then again nothing in the offseason went the way I thought it would

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really excited to watch Bryse. He was very good against the Pirates last yearm

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is out. Donaldson foot blocked him.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how our local Fox Sports station has more angles to show than a nationally televised game.

It all worked out, but all 3 batters faced by Wilson hitting deep fly balls makes me a bit nervous.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Albies is gonna have a big year. He's laying off pitches he was chasing last season.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DANSBY!!!!

I would have been happy if he just cleared Wilson, but that was way out of here.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dansby killed that ball

He's been swinging it good all spring, I'm hoping he's gonna have a big bounceback year with a healthy wrist. But turning on inside pitches was never his issue. He hit a couple opposite field homers towards the end of spring. If he can be a piece in the lineup, it greatly helps our chances.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was giving up too much hard contact to not get burned.