• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tindall committing to Georgia and Nadab Joseph's unexpected flip from Bama to Georgia, 247 now has Georgia ranked ahead of Ohio State for the top spot for the moment.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooners and the whole truth seem to be lost with each other.

Gary Patterson is happy to talk about it

Patterson: "I like Baker Mayfield. I think he's a good kid and that's what disappoints me.

"If Baker Mayfield wants to blame TCU for 128 BCS schools not offering him a scholarship, that's fine. But ask Kliff Kingsbury why he didn't offer him a scholarship at Texas Tech. Ask about Baker's dad [James]. He's an arrogant guy who thinks he knows everything. If people knew the whole story, they might not have a great opinion of Baker or his father."

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Patterson is happy to talk about it

Patterson: "I like Baker Mayfield. I think he's a good kid and that's what disappoints me.

"If Baker Mayfield wants to blame TCU for 128 BCS schools not offering him a scholarship, that's fine. But ask Kliff Kingsbury why he didn't offer him a scholarship at Texas Tech. Ask about Baker's dad [James]. He's an arrogant guy who thinks he knows everything. If people knew the whole story, they might not have a great opinion of Baker or his father."

Gary Patterson is a whiny mealy mouthed little bitch. Grown ass man who’s a head coach at a top 25 football program got into a pissing match with a 21 year old college kid. Take a second here and think about who this reflects more poorly upon. Also, all we heard from tech fans was what a problem Baker and his dad would be for the program and locker room. Nothing could be further from the truth.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Patterson is a whiny mealy mouthed little bitch. Grown ass man who’s a head coach at a top 25 football program got into a pissing match with a 21 year old college kid. Take a second here and think about who this reflects more poorly upon. Also, all we heard from tech fans was what a problem Baker and his dad would be for the program and locker room. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Patterson is the KING of negative recruiting. I wouldn't put stock in damn near anything he has to say to or about any recruit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sometimes you have a walk on no star quarterback that turns out better than all of them.

It happens. USC got a walk on who had no offers because he was 6'0 166 lb senior LB whos dad coached the defense and din't start him because of his size. Then Clay Matthews grew to be 6'3" in his freshman year after walking on at USC.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star DL Bobby Brown decommits from A&M

Not sure that is a bad thing. He is a 5 star talent with 3 star film

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll end up at Bama imo.

Interesting. Kid has great upside. He just hasn't produced. If someone can motivate/get that talent out of him, watch out. Bama has the depth to roll the dice

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star DL Bobby Brown decommits from A&M

Not sure that is a bad thing. He is a 5 star talent with 3 star film

He looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane

Reminds me of Kendall Jones

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Oklahoma did some fucking damage at DE this year.

Ron Tatum
Ronnie Perkins
Jalen Redmond

And they’re not necessarily done yet. Hearing Oklahoma may have won a big battle over Texas.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have some announce at the Army game I hear?

TBH I pay passing attention to recruiting every year. It interests me, but until I see a guy in cleats on the field in the regular season there isn't a goddamn thing that's guaranteed. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Just know this, OU has been able to field some pretty decent teams full of recruiting classes that fell anywhere from just outside the top 10 to in the low 20s. There must be some VERY credible player development going on in Norman. If we're creeping on the top 5 in recruiting...

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9_4682325.png

OR

9_4649605.png

A big uh-oh for Harbaugh.....Michigan's #1 ranked 2018 commit, 4-star OLB Otis Reese out of Leesburg, Georgia, did not sign with the Wolverines on Wednesday.

Otis Reese, Lee County, Outside Linebacker

Speculation is that Otis Reese might possibly flip to Georgia.

Michigan waits on 3 signed NLIs for '18, including 4-star LB Otis Reese

:harbaugh:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have some announce at the Army game I hear?

TBH I pay passing attention to recruiting every year. It interests me, but until I see a guy in cleats on the field in the regular season there isn't a goddamn thing that's guaranteed. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Just know this, OU has been able to field some pretty decent teams full of recruiting classes that fell anywhere from just outside the top 10 to in the low 20s. There must be some VERY credible player development going on in Norman. If we're creeping on the top 5 in recruiting...

Delusions of grandeur.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah you guys were late on this......that's not the word we got in Texas, from those same teammates that were all going to Texas.

I TRIED to tell you this but you weren't hearing any of it. The kid likes OSU for certain.......but living in Ohio is a whole nother matter, just like I told you OSU wasn't getting BJ Foster.......but "why would they pick Texas over us?" was all we heard. Couldn't get anything through your head that just because you have a winning program is NOT the end all be all to a recruit from a state with a blue blood program. These kids want to win at home, just like kids in Ohio do.

OSU didn't back off of a top ranked DB......they realized he wasn't coming.
I never said BJ Foster was coming here for sure. I said there was a point where he said OSU was the favorite and you wouldn't believe it even though it was in writing. It didn't come to fruition, but safety is obviously not a position of concern for us.

We'll see what happens with these kids. Texas got a hell of a haul, but if those reports out yesterday have any truth to them and Herman isn't able to deliver on his promises, it'll just be sad for those kids that bought in.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said BJ Foster was coming here for sure. I said there was a point where he said OSU was the favorite and you wouldn't believe it even though it was in writing. It didn't come to fruition, but safety is obviously not a position of concern for us.

We'll see what happens with these kids. Texas got a hell of a haul, but if those reports out yesterday have any truth to them and Herman isn't able to deliver on his promises, it'll just be sad for those kids that bought in.
That's not true either. You pulled out a quote from over a year ago when foster a was a junior in HS...... I tried, unsuccessfully, to tell you that was no longer the case. But me, every recruiting analyst, every coach was wrong because YOU had a year old quote!

Just own it, your ego wouldn't let you admit or see that not every one is in love with OSU as you are.

And yes, Herman has to coach them up, but he just pulled in the greatest DB class in history, something else I told you would happen.