• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRhp_KuUEAA7a9F.jpg:large

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was definitely unexpected.

Good get.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO......just so you know, they redacted most of this "story" that came out the night before signing day

I know aggy ate that mess up tho, they were tweeting it at all our recruits last night

And then THIS happened:

2018 Top Texas Football Recruits

Urban Liar seems a little pissed about Cook. Throwing shade at Texas again.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL recruiting is probably the least of a sure thing than other positions. Lots of 5* Busts and 3* becoming stars.
number of examples at Texas...Connor Williams, 2 time AA, was a 3 star. Had a bunch of high 4 who faile

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Liar seems a little pissed about Cook. Throwing shade at Texas again.

That is incorrect. It was reported as "In Austin", but apparently he was talking to a reporter named Austin. Sites reported Meyer throwing shade were incorrect

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say one thing about Herman: he's really trying to change the culture at Texas. I know it rubs some of the current players the wrong way, but it is what it is. Also have to give those players some slack, as they've had more position coaches than I can remember, and new head coaches and each one comes in with a new message. At some point, you can go a little deaf to it all.

He needs to get his players in there, who will only hear that one message. Changing coaches over and over kills a program in many ways (attrition is one, read Texas has lost 65+ players to attrition through all these changes, that's a helluva lot of players), the other is the lack of consistency. As far as being 'tough or mean', I just look at the best ever-Saban-and ask myself: do his players see him as sweet and nice? I dont think so. They see him as tough, someone who expects you to do your damn job or he'll find someone who will.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this, from Herman's comments about today. Talks about current players responsible for the recruiting success so far this year...I think it's a good point, as they are the ones who the recruits mingle with and talk to on social media:

“Our players were off the charts in terms of their glowing remarks of our program with these recruits. I think what you saw, too, is a group of kids that, especially even the young ones, the 31st ranked recruiting class in the country, they understand they’re not going to achieve the things that they want to achieve individually if they don’t have great players around them, so, they really got into recruiting. Coach, do we have the number one class yet? Is it number one yet? That's our players. That's our current players. We’re bringing basically, essentially, kids in to try to take their jobs in most cases, but they know the only way for them to achieve the results they want on the field is if they have great players around them. I can’t thank them enough.”

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say one thing about Herman: he's really trying to change the culture at Texas. I know it rubs some of the current players the wrong way, but it is what it is. Also have to give those players some slack, as they've had more position coaches than I can remember, and new head coaches and each one comes in with a new message. At some point, you can go a little deaf to it all.

He needs to get his players in there, who will only hear that one message. Changing coaches over and over kills a program in many ways (attrition is one, read Texas has lost 65+ players to attrition through all these changes, that's a helluva lot of players), the other is the lack of consistency. As far as being 'tough or mean', I just look at the best ever-Saban-and ask myself: do his players see him as sweet and nice? I dont think so. They see him as tough, someone who expects you to do your damn job or he'll find someone who will.

A change in culture can do wonders. It took Kirby Smart a year to really get it going, but Georgia was such a soft team the last few years under Richt, and Richt was bordering on Butch Jones territory with some of his comments.

The talent was there, but the edginess and toughness needed wasn't.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star OLB Channing Tindall will be making his commitment at 8:30 deciding between Georgia and South Carolina.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sometimes you have a walk on no star quarterback that turns out better than all of them.

Cool story. Not relevant at all to this thread. Still a cool story though.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Channing Tindall picks Georgia over South Carolina. 4 star from Columbia, SC. Good get. Was projected to pick South Carolina until very recently.