• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that Tatum is feeling the effects of a split family. I'm absolutely CERTAIN he wants to be a Sooner, he grew up there.

But I think he also knows Texas has a better plan for how to use and grow him in the defensive scheme. He's going to waffle all season.

But right now, I doubt he flips.......no reason to at this juncture. He needs to sort out his family issues. And like I said earlier - regardless of the Texas/OU rivalry, make the best choice for him.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that Tatum is feeling the effects of a split family. I'm absolutely CERTAIN he wants to be a Sooner, he grew up there.

But I think he also knows Texas has a better plan for how to use and grow him in the defensive scheme. He's going to waffle all season.

But right now, I doubt he flips.......no reason to at this juncture. He needs to sort out his family issues. And like I said earlier - regardless of the Texas/OU rivalry, make the best choice for him.

I could see a situation where OU and Texas split Tatum/Perkins, making this discussion much ado about nothing

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a situation where OU and Texas split Tatum/Perkins, making this discussion much ado about nothing

Feeling really confident about Perkins too. If we pull both those in wereset at DE this cycle.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling really confident about Perkins too. If we pull both those in wereset at DE this cycle.

All possible, but Perkins has all of a sudden started to be in the Texas discussion. I don't think it is a coincidence that Perkins getting linked to Texas and Tatum possible flip have come up at the same time. Lots of stuff goes on behind the scenes, so confidence today can be disappointment next week. I recommend you start tweeting them

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All possible, but Perkins has all of a sudden started to be in the Texas discussion. I don't think it is a coincidence that Perkins getting linked to Texas and Tatum possible flip have come up at the same time. Lots of stuff goes on behind the scenes, so confidence today can be disappointment next week. I recommend you start tweeting them

Lol. I don't even have a twitter and if I did I wouldn't tweet 17 year old kids.

Also, Redmond is still on our board too.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum will be at UT next weekend.

Perkins will as well. Apparently he and recent Texas commit Adeoye are real close. This is getting interesting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooners staying hard after Woodbey.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum is apparently on flip watch.

Just a suggestion-----

Folks probably should be less cryptic with posts in order to help out fellow thread readers with accurate information.

We Hooplans need full names of recruits....the playing position of the recruit would greatly help too....you don't even need to type the full name of the position, abbreviations would be fine, such as QB, WR, S, OT, etc.

Because when someone just says Tatum, I'm sure many of us old timers (especially you Buckeye and Raider fans) start thinking of 'The Assassin'.

Jack_Tatum.jpg

Thanks in advance!

:2cents:

Last edited:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a suggestion-----

Folks probably should be less cryptic with posts in order to help out fellow thread readers with accurate information.

We Hooplans need full names of recruits....the playing position of the recruit would greatly help too....you don't even need to type the full name of the position, abbreviations would be fine, such as QB, WR, S, OT, etc.

Because when someone just says Tatum, I'm sure many of us old timers start thinking of 'The Assassin'.

Jack_Tatum.jpg

Thanks in advance!

:2cents:

Rivals.com

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REAL interesting reading.......

So Mike Farrell of Rivals interviewed Anthony Cook at the camp he's at this week.......and Cook says he's down to Ohio State and Texas, but that Ohio State DOES NOT LEAD for his commitment.

He says he has not made a decision either way but plans to commit in July.

I KNOW this will not sit well with the Ohio State fans that think they are waaaaay ahead and already own his commitment.......but we shall see how it all unfolds.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head coach Riley already working on recruits in his new office.

DB1Lc-VXYAIM8kB

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REAL interesting reading.......

So Mike Farrell of Rivals interviewed Anthony Cook at the camp he's at this week.......and Cook says he's down to Ohio State and Texas, but that Ohio State DOES NOT LEAD for his commitment.

He says he has not made a decision either way but plans to commit in July.

I KNOW this will not sit well with the Ohio State fans that think they are waaaaay ahead and already own his commitment.......but we shall see how it all unfolds.
Got the transcript from this? I can't find it other than behind the paywall.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the transcript from this? I can't find it other than behind the paywall.

Its behind the paywall. Read it on someone else's account. Cook says nobody is in the lead, and that he likes several schools.

They didn't push him for more specifics, it's not a great interview. Interesting none the less. I don't think he's your top priority, and he probably knows it.

That said I DO think tOSU is in the lead even if he won't cop to it publicly.

Edit: He said reports that tOSU was in the lead are false, specifically.