• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its behind the paywall. Read it on someone else's account. Cook says nobody is in the lead, and that he likes several schools.

They didn't push him for more specifics, it's not a great interview. Interesting none the less. I don't think he's your top priority, and he probably knows it.

That said I DO think tOSU is in the lead even if he won't cop to it publicly.

Edit: He said reports that tOSU was in the lead are false, specifically.
Interesting take. What makes you think that? Not saying you're wrong, I just hadn't thought of that being a thing.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take. What makes you think that? Not saying you're wrong, I just hadn't thought of that being a thing.

I'd lay odds Surtain is more important a take for Urban.

A LOT of these kids want to feel all special and stuff.......we have a recruit that wants to be the only slot WR in our class, although we had one committed 3 months before he even visited.

We'll see what happens........but Texas DOES have an in here. Pretty much his entire HS class is going to Texas, and they'll be recruiting him every day. This is why I keep telling you, tOSU isn't a lock for him.

Now if Texas shits the bed this season, all bets are off. But if they win lets say 8-9 games, I think he's in play.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lay odds Surtain is more important a take for Urban.

A LOT of these kids want to feel all special and stuff.......we have a recruit that wants to be the only slot WR in our class, although we had one committed 3 months before he even visited.

We'll see what happens........but Texas DOES have an in here. Pretty much his entire HS class is going to Texas, and they'll be recruiting him every day. This is why I keep telling you, tOSU isn't a lock for him.

Now if Texas shits the bed this season, all bets are off. But if they win lets say 8-9 games, I think he's in play.
What makes you say that?

Yeah it's annoying how big of prima donnas a lot of these kids can be. I didn't know if that was Cook or not. That said, if pretty much his entire HS class is going to Texas, I don't think that helps you. From what I've heard about the kid, his decision isn't going to be about following others or doing what he's supposed to do. That's what he's been talked about as wanting to leave the state.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you say that?

Yeah it's annoying how big of prima donnas a lot of these kids can be. I didn't know if that was Cook or not. That said, if pretty much his entire HS class is going to Texas, I don't think that helps you. From what I've heard about the kid, his decision isn't going to be about following others or doing what he's supposed to do. That's what he's been talked about as wanting to leave the state.

Oh it DEFINITELY helps. His classmates are all 4 and 5 star recruits in their own right. They believe if they all sign they can win a NC in Texas and not have to leave home. That's what's been going on with this Texas class.

I'm pretty sure he'd love to play with guys he knows he can win with. There is little OSU can offer he can't get in Texas. He can win at home, he can be groomed for a pro career, he'll get plenty of exposure, and he'll have an excellent education.

I think Cook simply wants to see if Texas is on the right track on the field.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it DEFINITELY helps. His classmates are all 4 and 5 star recruits in their own right. They believe if they all sign they can win a NC in Texas and not have to leave home. That's what's been going on with this Texas class.

I'm pretty sure he'd love to play with guys he knows he can win with. There is little OSU can offer he can't get in Texas. He can win at home, he can be groomed for a pro career, he'll get plenty of exposure, and he'll have an excellent education.

I think Cook simply wants to see if Texas is on the right track on the field.
Well he's very close to both Okudah and Browning, as has been reported. It also doesn't "DEFINITELY" help, again, as it's reported that he doesn't want to just follow what everyone else there is doing.

There's nothing Texas has done recently to show it can groom a kid for a pro career anywhere like OSU can. Really only Alabama is on that level. I know you live in the past, but neither Strong nor Herman have done anything remotely close to what Meyer has done in regards to churning out defensive backs over the past several years.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's very close to both Okudah and Browning, as has been reported. It also doesn't "DEFINITELY" help, again, as it's reported that he doesn't want to just follow what everyone else there is doing.

There's nothing Texas has done recently to show it can groom a kid for a pro career anywhere like OSU can. Really only Alabama is on that level. I know you live in the past, but neither Strong nor Herman have done anything remotely close to what Meyer has done in regards to churning out defensive backs over the past several years.

LOL......whatever man.

He can go pro out of Texas just as well as he can OSU - hell any P5. Texas is considered DBU for good reason with a looooong line of pro DBs. You don't have an advantage in that regard.

You have a better current team......and you're really telling me that his CURRENT classmates and friends don't matter but the ones he has on your roster DO?

C'mon man.

The kid will make his choice.......there are pros and cons to either choice. But let's not pretend his friends in his ear don't matter.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL......whatever man.

He can go pro out of Texas just as well as he can OSU - hell any P5. Texas is considered DBU for good reason with a looooong line of pro DBs. You don't have an advantage in that regard.

You have a better current team......and you're really telling me that his CURRENT classmates and friends don't matter but the ones he has on your roster DO?

C'mon man.

The kid will make his choice.......there are pros and cons to either choice. But let's not pretend his friends in his ear don't matter.
:pound::pound::pound::pound:

You seriously can't get out of the Mack Brown days. OSU is DBU right now, with LSU and Alabama right along with them. Texas is a distant memory. The last time you put a DB in the first round, these kids were wrapping up 7th grade. You have 3 (THREE) defensive backs drafted in the last 5 years. OSU put that many in the first round alone this year. By absolutely no measure whatsoever is Texas DBU, and they never have been. Your delusional homerism is unreal. No, he can't go pro out of UT as well as he could OSU, and the numbers more than prove that.

I'm not telling you the ones on our roster matter more, I'm saying he's close to them and it's well-known, since you think relationships with other players are so much more important than anything else. Also, by "His classmates are all 4 and 5 star recruits in their own right", you mean "two of his classmates are 4* and the rest don't have Texas offers", then you'd be right. Not sure where you got the idea that he was on a team with a bunch of blue chip prospects.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound::pound:

You seriously can't get out of the Mack Brown days. OSU is DBU right now, with LSU and Alabama right along with them. Texas is a distant memory. The last time you put a DB in the first round, these kids were wrapping up 7th grade. You have 3 (THREE) defensive backs drafted in the last 5 years. OSU put that many in the first round alone this year. By absolutely no measure whatsoever is Texas DBU, and they never have been. Your delusional homerism is unreal. No, he can't go pro out of UT as well as he could OSU, and the numbers more than prove that.

I'm not telling you the ones on our roster matter more, I'm saying he's close to them and it's well-known, since you think relationships with other players are so much more important than anything else. Also, by "His classmates are all 4 and 5 star recruits in their own right", you mean "two of his classmates are 4* and the rest don't have Texas offers", then you'd be right. Not sure where you got the idea that he was on a team with a bunch of blue chip prospects.

LMAO. Texas CURRENTLY has 7 DBs in the league, the SAME AS OSU

He'll be fine at Texas if he chooses to go there. tOSU isn't doing anything magical at DB, they simply recruit great players, like everyone else that considers themselves DBU.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll be fine at Texas if he chooses to go there. tOSU isn't doing anything magical at DB, they simply recruit great players, like everyone else that considers themselves DBU.
Hahaha, nope. Texas has 6, Ohio State has 10. Keep making things up, though.

NFL Players by College - T - National Football League - ESPN

NFL Players by College - O - National Football League - ESPN

Ohio State is doing some magical - they're churning out stud DBs every single year, no matter if they're 3, 4, or 5* kids. Texas isn't doing anything at all. Again, and why you can't understand this is truly beyond me, you're looking at kids that were at Texas two coaches ago. This is like me touting OSU players under John Cooper as being relevant today. Coaches make all the difference. OSU has elite ones, Texas has unproven ones. If I'm serious about going to the NFL, it's an easy choice to pick OSU if it's between the two, and it's not even close.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, nope. Texas has 6, Ohio State has 10. Keep making things up, though.

NFL Players by College - T - National Football League - ESPN

NFL Players by College - O - National Football League - ESPN

Ohio State is doing some magical - they're churning out stud DBs every single year, no matter if they're 3, 4, or 5* kids. Texas isn't doing anything at all. Again, and why you can't understand this is truly beyond me, you're looking at kids that were at Texas two coaches ago. This is like me touting OSU players under John Cooper as being relevant today. Coaches make all the difference. OSU has elite ones, Texas has unproven ones. If I'm serious about going to the NFL, it's an easy choice to pick OSU if it's between the two, and it's not even close.

I think Stan Drayton would disagree with you on being an elite coach.

I stand by my statements. Cook, if he chooses Texas, will have the same prospects as he would at tOSU, and NO, you're not doing anything magical.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stan Drayton would disagree with you on being an elite coach.

I stand by my statements. Cook, if he chooses Texas, will have the same prospects as he would at tOSU, and NO, you're not doing anything magical.
Well, you continue to make things up, so your opinion is pretty moot.

Also, Stan Drayton has nothing to do with this conversation, unless you guys normally have your RB coach coaching your defensive backs? That actually would make sense, given your lack of quality DBs in recent years.

You guys haven't put a quality DB in the league in years. OSU has lapped you several times and sits at the top. If Herman sells these Texas kids on playing for him, let's hope he doesn't let them down like he did in Houston. Dude has a long way to go in terms of being a great coach.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you continue to make things up, so your opinion is pretty moot.

Also, Stan Drayton has nothing to do with this conversation, unless you guys normally have your RB coach coaching your defensive backs? That actually would make sense, given your lack of quality DBs in recent years.

You guys haven't put a quality DB in the league in years. OSU has lapped you several times and sits at the top. If Herman sells these Texas kids on playing for him, let's hope he doesn't let them down like he did in Houston. Dude has a long way to go in terms of being a great coach.

I haven't made up anything.

You said we didn't have any elite coaches......we do. I've already stated tOSU has a better team and program......but that's not the only selling point for a recruit.

If Cook chooses Texas, what excuse will you have? Given tOSU is ALL UNIVERSE at everything and nobody else should even bother offering a kid and all......

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't made up anything.

You said we didn't have any elite coaches......we do. I've already stated tOSU has a better team and program......but that's not the only selling point for a recruit.

If Cook chooses Texas, what excuse will you have? Given tOSU is ALL UNIVERSE at everything and nobody else should even bother offering a kid and all......
Yes, you have. You've made up multiple things throughout this thread:

We have a legit SHOT at Cook......I never claimed we were his favorite, that's YOU putting words in my mouth.

His classmates are all 4 and 5 star recruits in their own right.

All of these are made up by you, and I'm sure there are more as these were just off the top of my head. You apparently have to make things up to defend your program, which is pretty damn sad.

If Cook chooses Texas, it's because as you said, he wasn't at the top of our list and it hurt his ego. There's literally not a single other reason that makes any sense. It's his own career he'd be flushing down the drain, though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Riley is about to hit the ground running. Supposedly some big things coming down the pike the next couple of weeks.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you have. You've made up multiple things throughout this thread:

All of these are made up by you, and I'm sure there are more as these were just off the top of my head. You apparently have to make things up to defend your program, which is pretty damn sad.

If Cook chooses Texas, it's because as you said, he wasn't at the top of our list and it hurt his ego. There's literally not a single other reason that makes any sense. It's his own career he'd be flushing down the drain, though.

LMAO.

I miscounted by one DB......woooo big deal.

Oh, and so now Texas DOESN'T have a legit shot? That's good to know, have you guys told Cook this?

His classmates are studs as well......looking to win another state title.

Sorry, you'll have to do better than that.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Riley is about to hit the ground running. Supposedly some big things coming down the pike the next couple of weeks.

Kalon Gervin, Cass Technical, Athlete
The sweepstakes for Notre Dame de-commit, 4-star ATH/DB Kalon Gervin out of Detroit Cass Tech has been narrowed down to 5 schools.

DCD0pVxWAAAtsr7.jpg

I would like to see Sparty get Gervin, but word on the street has it that Kalon is probably an Oklahoma lean.

:spy:

Last edited:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalon Gervin, Cass Technical, Athlete
The sweepstakes for Notre Dame de-commit 4-star ATH/DB Kalon Gervin out of Detroit has been narrowed down to 5 schools.

DCD0pVxWAAAtsr7.jpg

I would like to see Sparty get Gervin, but word on the street has it that Kalon is probably an Oklahoma lean.

:noidea:

Liking where we stand with him ATM. Also things are looking better with flipping Woodbey from Ohio state for now too.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking where we stand with him ATM. Also things are looking better with flipping Woodbey from Ohio state for now too.

Riley is putting in work. Good to see. We need both OU and Texas cleaning up and making the conference relevant again.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley is putting in work. Good to see. We need both OU and Texas cleaning up and making the conference relevant again.

As someone stated before, the perception of conference strength really just comes down to a conference having two legit teams, and the rest is pretty much middling or trash in any conference. If Oklahoma and Texas start cleaning up and make that happen it will help build a wall around the two states to help keep other teams like Bama and Ohio state from picking off guys too.

Things may be setting up for a legendary rivalry between Herman and Riley.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.

I miscounted by one DB......woooo big deal.

Oh, and so now Texas DOESN'T have a legit shot? That's good to know, have you guys told Cook this?

His classmates are studs as well......looking to win another state title.

Sorry, you'll have to do better than that.
You were off by 4. OSU has 10. Again, you make things up.

I never said you said Texas was the favorite, you dipshit. You made that up.

He has no 5* classmates, and only two 4* classmates. You said all of them are 5* and 4*. For the 3rd time, continuously making things up.