• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook, Green and Jamison

Texas has a legit shot at Cook. I know you won't believe it but you didn't believe we had one at Foster either.
Good god. I never said you didn't have a legit shot at Foster, I said Ohio State did have one.

Your chances with Cook aren't great by any real measure. He's very close with Okudah and Browning and a common trend I've heard is that he wants to leave the state for college. His coach was also quoted in late April as saying Cook said OSU was "on an entirely different level" from the other schools he's visited, which included Texas. It would take a miracle for you to get him at this point.

Green is not top 15.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god. I never said you didn't have a legit shot at Foster, I said Ohio State did have one.

Your chances with Cook aren't great by any real measure. He's very close with Okudah and Browning and a common trend I've heard is that he wants to leave the state for college. His coach was also quoted in late April as saying Cook said OSU was "on an entirely different level" from the other schools he's visited, which included Texas. It would take a miracle for you to get him at this point.

Green is not top 15.

Green is #10 national on the composite rankings, so he is obviously top 15.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green is not top 15.

Dude......we told you Foster was heavily leaning to Texas, MULTIPLE Texas fans told you this. You responded that OSU was his #1 school based on an old quote......and no amount of evidence would change your mind.

You simply would not back down despite ALL FACTS to the contrary. Now that he's verbaled to Texas its' that OSU had a legit shot? What happened to tOSU is his #1????

You're backpedaling as usual, but we've come to expect this from you.

Texas has a legit shot at Cook......RIGHT NOW he'd choose OSU, and nothing is stopping him from committing......so why hasn't he?

Word around the program and his friends, that are all going to Texas, is that he wants to see if Texas can win games this year. It's believed by his teammates that he'd prefer to stay home if he thinks he can win here.

Texas will have their shot. They put just as many DBs in the NFL as anybody, and in fact have the most starters.

He's no shoe in for tOSU, but you guys DO have a significant lead.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude......we told you Foster was heavily leaning to Texas, MULTIPLE Texas fans told you this. You responded that OSU was his #1 school based on an old quote......and no amount of evidence would change your mind.

You simply would not back down despite ALL FACTS to the contrary. Now that he's verbaled to Texas its' that OSU had a legit shot? What happened to tOSU is his #1????

You're backpedaling as usual, but we've come to expect this from you.

Texas has a legit shot at Cook......RIGHT NOW he'd choose OSU, and nothing is stopping him from committing......so why hasn't he?

Word around the program and his friends, that are all going to Texas, is that he wants to see if Texas can win games this year. It's believed by his teammates that he'd prefer to stay home if he thinks he can win here.

Texas will have their shot. They put just as many DBs in the NFL as anybody, and in fact have the most starters.

He's no shoe in for tOSU, but you guys DO have a significant lead.
I quoted the kid himself. To that point there was nothing he had said to the contrary. I don't know why you still can't understand that. "ALL FACTS" were not to the contrary, considering the quote. What happened to them being his #1? Obviously things changed, dumbshit. It happens.

I've literally never backpedaled once, you just wear only burnt orange glasses and anything said to the contrary is impossible for you to listen to or comprehend.

Why hasn't he committed? Is that serious? Why hasn't every single prospect committed? What a retarded question. Texas will have their shot (they already have had several), but no, they don't put just as many DBs in the NFL as anybody. It's been years since they were a legit DB factory.

The only coherent thing you said is that OSU has a significant lead. That's definitely correct. It will take a miracle for you to get him.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted the kid himself. To that point there was nothing he had said to the contrary. I don't know why you still can't understand that. "ALL FACTS" were not to the contrary, considering the quote and several CBs for him. What happened to them being his #1? Obviously things changed, dumbshit. It happens.

I've literally never backpedaled once, you just wear only burnt orange glasses and anything said to the contrary is impossible for you to listen to or comprehend.

Why hasn't he committed? Is that serious? Why hasn't every single prospect committed? What a retarded question. Texas will have their shot (they already have had several), but no, they don't put just as many DBs in the NFL as anybody. It's been years since they were a legit DB factory.

The only coherent thing you said is that OSU has a significant lead. That's definitely correct. It will take a miracle for you to get him.

there were never any CBs for him to tOSU.......100% were to Texas. Every single recruiting article was to Texas. But NONE of that was more important to you than a quote from last year. No perspective other than he was tOSU bound registered in your brain.

We told you he was Texas' to lose. He committed as we told you he would. But you still have that quote, I hope it keeps you warm at night!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were never any CBs for him to tOSU.......100% were to Texas. Every single recruiting article was to Texas. But NONE of that was more important to you than a quote from last year. No perspective other than he was tOSU bound registered in your brain.

We told you he was Texas' to lose. He committed as we told you he would. But you still have that quote, I hope it keeps you warm at night!
And if Anthony Cook had said last December that Texas was his leader, you'd be losing your shit at the thought of anyone thinking he would go anywhere but UT, despite the fact he is a HEAVY OSU lean.

I was wrong about the CBs, that was my mistake. That said, you still can't tell me he didn't have OSU as his #1 at one point. You also hadn't provided a single bit of evidence that he himself had backed off of that until recently when he said Texas was his #1.

Again, it really doesn't matter that we lost him. We're obviously not short on elite DB talent. Enjoy not having OSU completely raid your state this year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Anthony Cook had said last December that Texas was his leader, you'd be losing your shit at the thought of anyone thinking he would go anywhere but UT, despite the fact he is a HEAVY OSU lean.

I was wrong about the CBs, that was my mistake. That said, you still can't tell me he didn't have OSU as his #1 at one point. You also hadn't provided a single bit of evidence that he himself had backed off of that until recently when he said Texas was his #1.

Again, it really doesn't matter that we lost him. We're obviously not short on elite DB talent. Enjoy not having OSU completely raid your state this year.

Not really. I don't hold on to ONE single data point unlike you. There was AMPLE evidence.......you simply decided to ignore it because it didn't favor what you wanted to hear. NOBODY was predicting he was going tOSU. We stated he was going to Texas......you jumped into that convo stating otherwise. That's on you.

Anyway, your class will still be excellent, as will ours. Herman is shutting down the state......it will be interesting to see how this team performs this year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I don't hold on to ONE single data point unlike you. There was AMPLE evidence.......you simply decided to ignore it because it didn't favor what you wanted to hear. NOBODY was predicting he was going tOSU. We stated he was going to Texas......you jumped into that convo stating otherwise. That's on you.

Anyway, your class will still be excellent, as will ours. Herman is shutting down the state......it will be interesting to see how this team performs this year.
BJ Foster: Says OSU is his favorite, crystal balls all for Texas: "HE'S GOING TO TEXAS YOU IDIOT! LOOK AT ALL THE PREDICTIONS SAYING SO!"

Anthony Cook: Hasn't said a thing about Texas being his favorite, leans towards leaving the state, almost all crystal balls for Ohio State: "I KNOW YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT BUT TEXAS DEFINITELY HAS A LEGIT SHOT!"

This is your style. You're a hypocrite. Yes, your class looks like it's going to be good. Just enjoy the fact that it looks like your program finally has things headed in the right direction and stop making things up about me.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJ Foster: Says OSU is his favorite, crystal balls all for Texas: "HE'S GOING TO TEXAS YOU IDIOT! LOOK AT ALL THE PREDICTIONS SAYING SO!"

Anthony Cook: Hasn't said a thing about Texas being his favorite, leans towards leaving the state, almost all crystal balls for Ohio State: "I KNOW YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT BUT TEXAS DEFINITELY HAS A LEGIT SHOT!"

This is your style. You're a hypocrite. Yes, your class looks like it's going to be good. Just enjoy the fact that it looks like your program finally has things headed in the right direction and stop making things up about me.

*sigh*

The problem here is you don't read or listen. I'm telling you what people who are close to him, as well as his teammates are saying. Cook hasn't said anything either way.......neither did BJ Foster. But they both talk to all the other recruits.

Foster, Green, Jamison, Overshown, they are all talking about the historic class Texas is about to land. These convos are going on amongst the recruits right now.

We have a legit SHOT at Cook......I never claimed we were his favorite, that's YOU putting words in my mouth.

YOU said tOSU was Foster's top school.......when that wasn't the case. And despite what we told you, you refused to buy ANYONE else's read on the situation. When no one in recruiting, including tOSU guys agreed with you, that didn't deter you.

Once again, that's on YOU. If it doesn't vibe with your tOSU colored glasses you dismiss it out of hand.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh*

The problem here is you don't read or listen. I'm telling you what people who are close to him, as well as his teammates are saying. Cook hasn't said anything either way.......neither did BJ Foster. But they both talk to all the other recruits.

Foster, Green, Jamison, Overshown, they are all talking about the historic class Texas is about to land. These convos are going on amongst the recruits right now.

We have a legit SHOT at Cook......I never claimed we were his favorite, that's YOU putting words in my mouth.

YOU said tOSU was Foster's top school.......when that wasn't the case. And despite what we told you, you refused to buy ANYONE else's read on the situation. When no one in recruiting, including tOSU guys agreed with you, that didn't deter you.

Once again, that's on YOU. If it doesn't vibe with your tOSU colored glasses you dismiss it out of hand.

Literally, not one single time, have I said this. For the last time, please stop making things up about me.

YOU said tOSU was Foster's top school.......when that wasn't the case.

At one point, yes it absolutely was. He said so himself.

And despite what we told you, you refused to buy ANYONE else's read on the situation. When no one in recruiting, including tOSU guys agreed with you, that didn't deter you. Once again, that's on YOU. If it doesn't vibe with your tOSU colored glasses you dismiss it out of hand.

Again, for the 5363234th time now, I never once said Texas had no chance. I said the most recent quote from him was that OSU was his favorite. This was an undeniable fact. Once you provided an updated quote that said UT was, I backed off. It's not my fault your panties are still in a bunch.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you two stop having the same recycled argument? Just let it go, lol.

As far as Cook goes, consensus among even Texas insiders is that he's OSU bound.

You can never totally count out the home state school, but right now its wishful thinking for Texas in re:Cook

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you two stop having the same recycled argument? Just let it go, lol.

As far as Cook goes, consensus among even Texas insiders is that he's OSU bound.

You can never totally count out the home state school, but right now its wishful thinking for Texas in re:Cook

Not sure that was the best way to end it

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, they're going to think what they think, and that's fine.

Landing Cook isn't going to make or break either of our classes. Landing Green and Jamison is fine with me, Cook is just gravy.

We're also in on Trey Dean. surprisingly.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green is not top 15.
Cook is almost a lock for the Buckeyes unless something drastic changes.. It's a long shot, but we may even have a shot at Surtain from what I have heard. That would be amazing.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5* QB Justin Fields decommits from Penn State. This one is huge.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5* QB Justin Fields decommits from Penn State. This one is huge.

Wowser.
Yeah this is major news. Penn State fans are prolly devastated.

The five star Justin Fields, who hails from suburban Atlanta, GA is the number 1 ranked dual threat QB in the nation.
Justin Fields, Harrison, Dual-Threat Quarterback

Here's an article from 3 months ago regarding his interest in Florida.
4-star QB Justin Fields '100 percent committed' to Penn State, but he and Florida have mutual interest

As you can see in the 247 link above, Fields also has interest in Auburn, Georgia, and Florida State... but at this point it looks like the Gators are prolly gonna get him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook is almost a lock for the Buckeyes unless something drastic changes.. It's a long shot, but we may even have a shot at Surtain from what I have heard. That would be amazing.
OSU is in hard on all of the Heritage guys. They already got one last week, and of the 3 remaining, I'd say Surtain is the biggest longshot, but it definitely could happen. His father has said he has a strong interest in OSU.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out WHY any 5 star would choose to go to Penn State to begin with. Or why ANY recruit would willingly go to Baylor.

To each their own I guess.......