• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the VERY VERY VERY LEAST - Thompson would have gotten 12 if El Aminu and Amir Johnson are getting 12M a year and Robin Lopez might get freaking 15.

combine that with the fact that the Cavs cant replace him, and it makes LeBron happy with the agent connection- i mean isnt that a no brainer? of course him pay him? Am i missing something? Do I think in a vacuum Tristan Thompson is a 16 million dollar player? Hell no---does the contract he got absolutely make 100% sense for the Cavs? OF COURSE IT DOES.

I've never debated that theory.
I just think , once again, that you need to plan for beyond this year like Riley just did with Wade.
I've said all along that Riley wouldn't budge off of giving him more than 1 year because he can't screw up his plan for next summer.

James is the most impatient player I have ever seen.
The only time he's thinking about the future is when it comes to him mapping out his salary.
If you lose this year, and then he opts out and says 'I'll take my time and see what moves the FO makes', what the hell are they going to do?
Your capped out.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW according to Ramona Shelburne the Lakers did meet with Aldridge earlier tonight

Good.
Riley has an easy act to follow.
He'll forget about what the Lakers pitched him within 5 minutes of Riley speaking.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting 1 go doesn't get you more players though cause they are over the cap.
I think trading one, like we discussed the other day for the 2 Ariza types was the move.

:doh: Forgot about the cap. You're right re: the trade.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good.
Riley has an easy act to follow.
He'll forget about what the Lakers pitched him within 5 minutes of Riley speaking.

Hey now!! Don't be startin' up the old Lakers/Heat wars again. :lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs fail to win a title with this group, will this be the biggest failure in NBA history considering they're likely to get 3-5 cracks at a title

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would they want to play under him? They'd want to play WITH him. How much has MJ being an owner helped?

LOL MJ as an owner to Lebron as an owner is complete opposites. Lebron is a genius at recruiting players, MJ hasnt had the experience of doing it like Lebron. Lebron would be a great GM IMO

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL MJ as an owner to Lebron as an owner is complete opposites. Lebron is a genius at recruiting players, MJ hasnt had the experience of doing it like Lebron. Lebron would be a great GM IMO

Hmmmmmmmm.......I've heard conflicting views from Cavs fans. Before Lebron bolted to Miami. It was:

1) Cavs management couldn't put the right players around Lebron, and that's why he left.

OR

2) Lebron chose to bring over a washed up Antawn Jamison and Shaq. He chose a majority of the players that he ultimately failed with.

Lebron's not a *genius* at recruiting anyone. Players see Lebron as the best player in the game and recognize the opportunity to win titles. Lebron put together your team as constructed, let's be honest. Cavs management is doing what he says. Lebron's not even an owner yet, so I'm trying to figure out how you're comparing the two. Lebron doesn't have to worry about a lofty luxury tax payment, like Gilbert's going to. MJ played in a different era. Trust me, if Lebron were to retire tomorrow, take over the Kings next Monday, I guarantee you it won't be so easy to attract players over there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad move by wes if he wanted to play for a contender

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Matthews to Dallas might be enough to swing DJ's mind. He's apparently 50/50 right now with no clue which way to go yet

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big pickup by Dallas, if he can stay healthy. You never know. If they Deandre they can be a real threat.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs fail to win a title with this group, will this be the biggest failure in NBA history considering they're likely to get 3-5 cracks at a title

Yes.

They are at Lebron's mercy and are paying everyone to make him happy.

So, he better deliver.

Since they have decided to go all NY Yankees with the salaries a year early, they better win next year because the gap will be closing if Durant decides to go to a stacked Team.

* Warriors anyone? *

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once the Knicks sign Lopez and Afflalo they will have around 7 mil left of cap space… to land…. Beverley?

I mean, Lopez-Porzingis-Melo-Afflalo is just a weird, expensive core for a team that's "rebuilding". They are in the East so that makes it easier to sneak in as a 7-8 seed but I can't even see that at this point.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless LMA goes to the Spurs or Rox, and barring injury, no Team has improved enough to challenge the 2 Teams that made it to the Finals.

Maybe you give a healthy Thunder Team a punchers chance.

But, the Cavs should walk into the Finals again.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless LMA goes to the Spurs or Rox, and barring injury, no Team has improved enough to challenge the 2 Teams that made it to the Finals.

Maybe you give a healthy Thunder Team a punchers chance.

But, the Cavs should walk into the Finals again.

Yeah, the Hawks, Bucks & Bulls will all be good teams, but not good enough to take down Cleveland. Toronto and Washington probably fall a step behind those other teams, but Cavs are almost a lock to get back.

Golden State? Not so fast. Thunder with a healthy Ibaka, Westbrook & Durant alongside Kanter, Adams and Morrow as solid role players could easily knock off the Warriors. I'd still take KD and RW over the Splash Brothers any day. Factor in Ibaka and Kanter plus whoever else they add this offseason and I think we could see a great WCF matchup.

Still need to see what Houston, LAC, Dallas, San Antonio & Memphis do the rest of this offseason, but the West is sooo deep still. Hell, even the Pelicans could be scary in the first round with a healthy Jrue/Anderson. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of those teams (minus Dallas and SA (if they don't sign LMA) upset one or the other. And if PHX lands Aldridge they step into the equation as a playoff team and scary first round matchup as well.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Matthews to Dallas might be enough to swing DJ's mind. He's apparently 50/50 right now with no clue which way to go yet
Exactly right. I think DJ is going to Dallas. It's no secret that Matthews wants to play with DJ