• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is where we're starting to form some type of agreement, even though we're miles apart. Gilbert's past year 1 of the Lebron effect. The way he's handling Thompson, it looks like those luxury tax payments are starting to creep up on good ol' Dan. I'm not sure if it was you or another poster. But someone posted an article detailing how Gilbert poked at Arison for amnestying Miller (even though Miller sat more games then he played and the Heat were stockpiled at the 2 and 3 position).

It's been said before, don't talk shit about someone's situation until you've been in their situation.
well the thing is- with that 5 year 80 million dollar offer that pretty much everyone outside of Rich Paul and Tristan thinks is plenty- The Cavs would have a payroll over 110
No one ever said that you said Gilbert would sign him to a max deal. You said that he wouldn't let money stop him. That is what everyone has been saying all along and you keep deflecting from.

It's pretty simple, you said money would never stop Gilbert from making roster decisions. Yet, that is exactly what is happening.

You can try all the deflecting, changing your story, backtracking and spin that you want. It doesn't change the fact that you said money wouldn't stop him and it is.

Gilbert isnt letting spending his money get in the way of putting the team out there that has the best chance to win the most titles. He hasnt and wont. ITs one of the very reasons why LeBron came back. Thompson isnt not signed because Gilbert wants to save money. Thompson isnt signed because signing him to a max deal will hamstring the team against the cap for potentially years to come. Again- this is stuff that a decently intelligent 8th grader could understand. It amazes me that people who "supposedly" follow the NBA cannot see- or else are just willfully ignorant.

I mean on its face its just hilarious to me. I just wonder if you guys ever step back and see how freaking stupid your comments are- Gilbert is going above and beyond what any owner in the history of the NBA waswilling to pay for a team outside of possibly the Russian on the Nets. Crushing anything the Buss' ever did, or ARison ever did. But when you are the favorite- and garner all the national attention- the haters are gonna come out in droves. You just gotta shake it off, realize that its just part of the deal having THAT MUCH damn talent on your team and THAT BIG OF A FREAKING PAYROLL and an owner THAT willing to do what it takes to win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will always go back to your Miller argument with me as far as your belief in the media.
Like I said, believe what you want, but since I was standing there, I actually know what happened vs what reporters wrote.
I think you should get a job as a reporter. obviously you know more then the guys who are given access, in the locker rooms, then the guys that are PAID to do the job.. lol....you should get a blog going...you could be the next Woj from your couch!!!! lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert isnt letting spending his money get in the way of putting the team out there that has the best chance to win the most titles. He hasnt and wont.

Really?!? Then why hasn't he signed TT?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the thing is- with that 5 year 80 million dollar offer that pretty much everyone outside of Rich Paul and Tristan thinks is plenty- The Cavs would have a payroll over 110

Gilbert isnt letting spending his money get in the way of putting the team out there that has the best chance to win the most titles. He hasnt and wont. ITs one of the very reasons why LeBron came back. Thompson isnt not signed because Gilbert wants to save money. Thompson isnt signed because signing him to a max deal will hamstring the team against the cap for potentially years to come. Again- this is stuff that a decently intelligent 8th grader could understand. It amazes me that people who "supposedly" follow the NBA cannot see- or else are just willfully ignorant.

I mean on its face its just hilarious to me. I just wonder if you guys ever step back and see how freaking stupid your comments are- Gilbert is going above and beyond what any owner in the history of the NBA waswilling to pay for a team outside of possibly the Russian on the Nets. Crushing anything the Buss' ever did, or ARison ever did. But when you are the favorite- and garner all the national attention- the haters are gonna come out in droves. You just gotta shake it off, realize that its just part of the deal having THAT MUCH damn talent on your team and THAT BIG OF A FREAKING PAYROLL and an owner THAT willing to do what it takes to win.

Once again, we're not calling Dan Gilbert stupid. He's certainly right to not cave into TT's demands. I think offering 5 years $80 million was too generous if you ask me or any other poster on this board as he's just a really good rebounder. Hell, we're shocked that Danny boy even had a sack on him as I thought he would cave quick on TT's demands given the Lebron factor.

We're knocking YOU as you pointed out how Gilbert's a self-made billionaire (even though most owners in the NBA are billionaires) and that money was no object to him as he wants to bring a title to Cleveland. This is what we're knocking you on, something YOU don't seem to grasp.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, I missed some great stuff today...

as much as you cats have gang-banged the Wig-out the boy ain't gonna be able to sit for a month...:lol:

btw, we were ALL "witness" to LeClown's near bodily breakdown in the finals last years...or is anybody gonna deny that the guy looked flat outta gas...?

no one can be STUPID enough to deny that...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think myself, bks, Turnup, Heatles and a few others have already pointed out what you were wrong about. However, I know that you're a bit slow, so I'll say it one more time.

You said Gilbert would pay whatever he had to. You said he would pay TT is 5 year/$94 million because he wouldn't let $14 million over 5 years stop him.

Yet, that's exactly what's happening. That's what you were wrong about.

WRONG!!! 100% WRONG !!!! PROVEN 100% WRONG. Falsely accused by someone who offers no evidence and when given evidence to the contrary does absolutely NOTHING to own up to it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should get a job as a reporter. obviously you know more then the guys who are given access, in the locker rooms, then the guys that are PAID to do the job.. lol....you should get a blog going...you could be the next Woj from your couch!!!! lol.

You may be right. Outside of Barry Jackson (and I'm on the fence about Ira Winderman), South Florida is void of quality media. I can't see Turnup being any worse than most of the clowns down there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They weren't given access to Mikes house on the night he was amnestied, I was.
I wrote on CBS, that night, he was going to Memphis, they all wrote Ok City, so how about blowing it out of your ass?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as much as you cats have gang-banged the Wig-out the boy ain't gonna be able to sit for a month...:lol:

btw, we were ALL "witness" to LeClown's near bodily breakdown in the finals last years...or is anybody gonna deny that the guy looked flat outta gas...?

CL67, getting any injection in your lower back during the preseason is perfectly fine. No warning signs there. Everything. IS. JUST. FINE!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, we're not calling Dan Gilbert stupid. He's certainly right to not cave into TT's demands. I think offering 5 years $80 million was too generous if you ask me or any other poster on this board as he's just a really good rebounder. Hell, we're shocked that Danny boy even had a sack on him as I thought he would cave quick on TT's demands given the Lebron factor.

We're knocking YOU as you pointed out how Gilbert's a self-made billionaire (even though most owners in the NBA are billionaires) and that money was no object to him as he wants to bring a title to Cleveland. This is what we're knocking you on, something YOU don't seem to grasp.
what fails to penetrate that thick skull of yours is that Gilbert has not signed Thompson because it would hurt the teams flexibility going forward - I mean- is this is a hard concept to grasp? Someone please tell me what is so hard about this?

"When you pay a guy max money, top 20 money, when he is not close to a top 20 player- you hurt your team by limiting its ability to add talent".

I mean, is there something that just does not compute for you guys on this? ARe you guys ACTUALLY saying that Gilbert is not willing to pay a max contract because he doesnt want to spend the money? HE COULD GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE MONEY- its about not paying a guy WAY more than he is worth and limiting yourself going forward. Again...this is 8th grade stuff- but maybe i overestimate the crowd.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG!!! 100% WRONG !!!! PROVEN 100% WRONG. Falsely accused by someone who offers no evidence and when given evidence to the contrary does absolutely NOTHING to own up to it.

well, here's the problem as I see it. you spent a HELLUVA lotta time talking shit after the Cavs shot their wad and lost to the Warriors. a LOT of that trash talk DID involve you spouting on and on about how Gilbert WOULDN'T let money be an object forgoing after the title THIS season. as Trojan has said(over and over again) those wereyour words AND your point of view. it is what it is...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I taught Heatles some good stuff about the salary cap and collective bargaining agreement that he was woefully ignorant on!!! See! you really CAN learn something new everyday! ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, here's the problem as I see it. you spent a HELLUVA lotta time talking shit after the Cavs shot their wad and lost to the Warriors. a LOT of that trash talk DID involve you spouting on and on about how Gilbert WOULDN'T let money be an object forgoing after the title THIS season. as Trojan has said(over and over again) those wereyour words AND your point of view. it is what it is...
that doesnt make the statement true. however you cut it- it was 100% false. no if ands or buts . black and white- all right there. This is not me or my opinion. This is actual black and white fact and it CRACKS me up to see people arguing about facts because i so thoroughly slaughtered them using nothing but simple true, facts.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I taught Heatles some good stuff about the salary cap and collective bargaining agreement that he was woefully ignorant on!!! See! you really CAN learn something new everyday! ;)

oh, and i'm sure the guy appreciates your insight...:lol:

however, i'd say in the future you should at least make an attempt to keep track of the trash talk you use. CLEARLY it's being used against you at this point...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. Outside of Barry Jackson (and I'm on the fence about Ira Winderman), South Florida is void of quality media. I can't see Turnup being any worse than most of the clowns down there.

Reporters are like weatherman.
No repercussions if they are wrong.
They'll run with anything in the hopes of being first, and being right.
If wrong, they blame their 'sources'.
The Miller stuff is absurd.
At the time, there was no mention of anyone being upset, let alone James, because the Heat had reached out to him for his opinion and he supported the move.
It's known fact.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said he's pay whatever it took and you said $14 million over 5 years was nothing. Sooooo, not wrong at all.

But you are (as usual).

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that doesnt make the statement true. however you cut it- it was 100% false. no if ands or buts . black and white- all right there. This is not me or my opinion. This is actual black and white fact and it CRACKS me up to see people arguing about facts because i so thoroughly slaughtered them using nothing but simple true, facts.

so...let...me...get...this...straight. you're saying you DIDN'T spout on about Dan Gilbert not letting money be an object? is THAT what you're saying...?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he's pay whatever it took and you said $14 million over 5 years was nothing. Sooooo, not wrong at all.

But you are (as usual).

so...let...me...get...this...straight. you're saying you DIDN'T spout on about Dan Gilbert not letting money be an object? is THAT what you're saying...?

Stop or he'll tell you the Vegas odds on the Cavs again.