• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were selective in your posts. You were singing a completely different tune earlier in the summer. We all know you're full of shit. I'm just trying to figure out why you post here when it's clear that not one person on this forum likes or respects you or your opinion.
well obviously I need to be here to educate you as you dont know shit. Glad I could help you tonight....I find it hilarious you calling me a "dumb fuck" in a post where you were talking out your ass and had no clue what the hell you were talking about. It just proves who the real "dumb fuck" is.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I NEVER ONCE SAID THAT. Search my posts - its the EASIEST THING i nthe world to do. NOT ONCE DID I EVER EVER EVER SAY THAT GILBERT WOULD GIVE THOMPSON THE MAX. IVE SAID THE EXACT OPPOSITE

Honestly- this is ridiculous. IS this something you got in your head! because search the posts- I WOULD NEVER EVER SAY THAT GILBERT SHOULD OR WOULD GIVE him the max. It makes no sense. It doesnt now. IT didnt make any sense 4 months ago- and it wont make any sense 4 months from now.

What you said NUMEROUS times was that Gilbert would NEVER let money become a factor when it came to making roster decisions.
Max money was never mentioned because nobody ever thought he'd be bold enough to try to demand it, but that's the type of shit that Gilbert signed up for when he opened his mouth on that secret plane meeting.

The fact that now Tristan wants a max might be the reason Glbert is rethinking how much he might or might not want to keep his word to James, but it in no way changes what young were trying to preach to us about your impression of your self made billionaire owner.

Spin it any way you want about whose worth or not worth what, but nothing you say can change the fact that Gilbert is balking at salary/luxury tax, which you claimed he never would.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you said NUMEROUS times was that Gilbert would NEVER let money become a factor when it came to making roster decisions.
Max money was never mentioned because nobody ever thought he'd be bold enough to try to demand it, but that's the type of shit that Gilbert signed up for when he opened his mouth on that secret plane meeting.

The fact that now Tristan wants a max might be the reason Glbert is rethinking how much he might or might not want to keep his word to James, but it in no way changes what young were trying to preach to us about your impression of your self made billionaire owner.

Spin it any way you want about whose worth or not worth what, but nothing you say can change the fact that Gilbert is balking at salary/luxury tax, which you claimed he never would.

Again- this is where either you are willfully ignorant because it destroys your argument- or you just clueless as to how the NBA works. Gilbert could give a shit about the money. Its about keeping the team in position to remain flexible and able to add talent going foward- and when you pay Tristan Thompson top 20 Money in the NBA- you HURT your ability to add talent to your team going forward. I mean- this is not revolutionary stuff here. This is elementary shit here that any 8th grader should be able to comprehend.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and thank you for backing me up. I never said Gilbert would or should give Thompson a max and I am glad you back me up on that ;) Thanks man.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Dave Hyde with the Sun Sentinel a legit Heat reporter? BEcause you would SHIT A BRICK IF YOU READ THIS ARTICLE HE JUST WROTE Turnup, lol.

Hyde: Micky Arison needs to pay Dwyane Wade for past sacrifices

He just paid Wade. Wade's making the max over 1 year. David Hyde's a nobody in the South Florida media market as I haven't heard anything great about him. His opinion is just that, an opinion. Lakers decided to go ahead and give Kobe the max even though his best days were far behind him. How's that working out?

Arison ain't cheap. Even though you'd like to say he is. He went well over the luxury tax since the new CBA multiple times.

I'd be more concerned about Lebron needing injections in his lower back during the preseason. Your own homer reporter in Windhorst even recognizes that your team's injuries are piling up. But I guess in your case - ignorance is bliss.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just paid Wade. Wade's making the max over 1 year. David Hyde's a nobody in the South Florida media market as I haven't heard anything great about him. His opinion is just that, an opinion. Lakers decided to go ahead and give Kobe the max even though his best days were far behind him. How's that working out?

Arison ain't cheap. Even though you'd like to say he is. He went well over the luxury tax since the new CBA multiple times.

I'd be more concerned about Lebron needing injections in his lower back during the preseason. Your own homer reporter in Windhorst even recognizes that your team's injuries are piling up. But I guess in your case - ignorance is bliss.
no no no

This is the part I figured you would shit at- a Miami beat reporter on Mike Miller- saying RILEY WANTED TO KEEP HIM BUT ARISON WANTED HIM GONE TO SAVE MONEY and other money motivated decisions

The buck doesn't stop with Riley on this. If so, the buck never would stop. It's not his money. Riley, for instance, would have spent more than $17 million two summers ago to keep Mike Miller and keep LeBron James happy.

Arison said no. Plain and simple. You can understand Arison's thinking. Miller wasn't worth close to that figure, which was the cost of his contract plus luxury-tax dollars. Every owner, no matter how rich, wants a return on investment.
That wasn't the only time they based decisions on money recently. The Heat also didn't use a draft pick to upgrade the roster, instead using it as a sweetener to ditch Joel Anthony's contract in 2014. And it didn't use the mid-level exception to get a decent role player before LeBron's final season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again- this is where either you are willfully ignorant because it destroys your argument- or you just clueless as to how the NBA works. Gilbert could give a shit about the money. Its about keeping the team in position to remain flexible and able to add talent going foward- and when you pay Tristan Thompson top 20 Money in the NBA- you HURT your ability to add talent to your team going forward. I mean- this is not revolutionary stuff here. This is elementary shit here that any 8th grader should be able to comprehend.

And that's where you're more full of shit.
That position is absolutely correct and was the same logic applied when Arison wisely rid of Miller, Anthony , and others.
It was all about good business vs being cheap.

However, when Arison did it, you claimed it was because he was cheap vs admitting it was good business.

You can't have it both ways, and especially after you said that money would never be a factor with Gilbert's decision.

Show us ONCE, from any of the previous posts when we were first discussing this that you ever implied that any decision Gilbert makes now needs to consider what he'll be able to do 2 years from now.
You won't, you can't, because it doesn't exist.

You said the Cavs didn't need cap space or player upgrades because they were set for the rest of the James era with what they already currently have.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like last year when he had a the biggest minutes reduction and most DNP's of his career?

How about mpg?
Overall minute reduction means nothing if he missed games do to injury.
And, he barely had the energy to make it off the court during the Finals.
He was a whipped puppy.
Take you're bullshit somewhere else.
Nobody's buying it.
You're just obviously not smart enough to comprehend it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's where you're more full of shit.
That position is absolutely correct and was the same logic applied when Arison wisely rid of Miller, Anthony , and others.
It was all about good business vs being cheap.

However, when Arison did it, you claimed it was because he was cheap vs admitting it was good business.

You can't have it both ways, and especially after you said that money would never be a factor with Gilbert's decision.

Show us ONCE, from any of the previous posts when we were first discussing this that you ever implied that any decision Gilbert makes now needs to consider what he'll be able to do 2 years from now.
You won't, you can't, because it doesn't exist.

You said the Cavs didn't need cap space or player upgrades because they were set for the rest of the James era with what they already currently have.
well forgive me but i think there is a LITTLE difference when Gilbert is making headlines for how much money he spends while I can find headlines and stories at the click of a button showing how Arison was cheap and outlining examples how he cut corners

As I said- Arison did pay the luxury tax at times so i cant say he was "cheap". What I can say is that LeBron felt that Arison was not giving the same commitment an owner gives- as LeBron was giving as a player- and that Dan Gilbert IS Willing to step up to the table in ways that Arison never was. Simple FACTS

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about mpg?
Overall minute reduction means nothing if he missed games do to injury.
And, he barely had the energy to make it off the court during the Finals.
He was a whipped puppy.
Take you're bullshit somewhere else.
Nobody's buying it.
You're just obviously not smart enough to comprehend it.
MPG? CHECK it..let me know what you find...or do you want me to check? OK

LOWEST MINUTES PER GAME OF HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

take your bullshit else where. At least BACKUP your bullshit statements. I back them up with facts and articles- BLACK AND WHITE....you write some bullshit and try and see what sticks--- the MPG thing? I mean- how lazy are you that you wouldnt even CHECK to see that at 36.1 he played the LEAST minutes of his career PER GAME. Did you even care about being right? OR does being right equate to just getting loud and repeating yourself?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly dont think ARison being cheap was the only reason LeBron left--- upgrading both in talent and longevity from Bosh and Wade to Irving and likely Love also played a role. Going to Cleveland to right a wrong obviously played a role-

but no doubt- i dont think anyone can dispute that LeBron was irritated with what LeBron perceived as lack of the same commitment from ownership that LeBron himself was giving. - which is like i said in post 8173---- all that evidence those reporters cited----- that Arison was not so much cheap- as LeBron did not feel like Arison was spending enough to match LeBrons own commitment to the team---- so when he had a chance to jump ship and go to an owner who would go above and beyond what Mr. Arison would do- I am sure he factored that into his decision.

I wouldnt tell Arison to give Whiteside a max in next years market (which will be 25% of the cap {since he does not have the service time to get 30% of the cap})- its 70 this year- and supposedly next year its 100?- so would i blame Arison and call him cheap if he offered Whiteside 4 years 80 million and Whiteside insisted on 5 years 125 million? No way....I get that..you have to pay a premium to keep guys in free agency- but you dont overpay guys and strangle your cap just because they try and exercise their leverage .

The Heat were 4/4 making the Finals and won 2.
You can rip the Heat all you want and say Arison is cheap vs Gilbert spending whatever it takes, but it's ridiculous since Arison has owned 3 teams that have won titles and Gilbert has none.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can rip the Heat all you want and say Arison is cheap vs Gilbert spending whatever it takes, but it's ridiculous since Arison has owned 3 teams that have won titles and Gilbert has none.
I was quoting your own Miami media members pointing to examples where Arison got cheap and made LeBron angry.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MPG? CHECK it..let me know what you find...or do you want me to check? OK

LOWEST MINUTES PER GAME OF HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

take your bullshit else where. At least BACKUP your bullshit statements. I back them up with facts and articles- BLACK AND WHITE....you write some bullshit and try and see what sticks--- the MPG thing? I mean- how lazy are you that you wouldnt even CHECK to see that at 36.1 he played the LEAST minutes of his career PER GAME. Did you even care about being right? OR does being right equate to just getting loud and repeating yourself?

The drop off in mpg is nothing significant, was needed more because he's logged 10000 miles the last 5 years and was more worn down last June then he ever was after any Heat season ended.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was quoting your own Miami media members pointing to examples where Arison got cheap and made LeBron angry.

Same media that reported Tristan had reached an agreement day 1?
I've been over the media shit with you dozens of times.
Believe what you want.
Your that gullible.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well forgive me but i think there is a LITTLE difference when Gilbert is making headlines for how much money he spends while I can find headlines and stories at the click of a button showing how Arison was cheap and outlining examples how he cut corners

As I said- Arison did pay the luxury tax at times so i cant say he was "cheap". What I can say is that LeBron felt that Arison was not giving the same commitment an owner gives- as LeBron was giving as a player- and that Dan Gilbert IS Willing to step up to the table in ways that Arison never was. Simple FACTS

Well, this is where we're starting to form some type of agreement, even though we're miles apart. Gilbert's past year 1 of the Lebron effect. The way he's handling Thompson, it looks like those luxury tax payments are starting to creep up on good ol' Dan. I'm not sure if it was you or another poster. But someone posted an article detailing how Gilbert poked at Arison for amnestying Miller (even though Miller sat more games then he played and the Heat were stockpiled at the 2 and 3 position).

It's been said before, don't talk shit about someone's situation until you've been in their situation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same media that reported Tristan had reached an agreement day 1?
I've been over the media shit with you dozens of times.
Believe what you want.
Your that gullible.
nope that was windhorst--- different guy- and are you saying because Brian Windhorst was wrong about Tristans extension that destroys the credibility of the entire national media?

Honestly the foundation for all your arguments is complete and TOTAL horse shit- there is nothing behind them. ITs all just conjecture and opinion and horse shit. "my spin" is simple black and white facts reported by guys getting paid to do the job. Something that just chaps your ass! lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thank you for backing me up. I never said Gilbert would or should give Thompson a max and I am glad you back me up on that ;) Thanks man.

No one ever said that you said Gilbert would sign him to a max deal. You said that he wouldn't let money stop him. That is what everyone has been saying all along and you keep deflecting from.

It's pretty simple, you said money would never stop Gilbert from making roster decisions. Yet, that is exactly what is happening.

You can try all the deflecting, changing your story, backtracking and spin that you want. It doesn't change the fact that you said money wouldn't stop him and it is.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The most glaring statistic that's unarguable.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope that was windhorst--- different guy- and are you saying because Brian Windhorst was wrong about Tristans extension that destroys the credibility of the entire national media?

Honestly the foundation for all your arguments is complete and TOTAL horse shit- there is nothing behind them. ITs all just conjecture and opinion and horse shit. "my spin" is simple black and white facts reported by guys getting paid to do the job. Something that just chaps your ass! lol

It will always go back to your Miller argument with me as far as your belief in the media.
Like I said, believe what you want, but since I was standing there, I actually know what happened vs what reporters wrote.