• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm sure that he's already working on his laundry list of reasons why it's not championship or bust and losing in the finals will still mean the Cavs had a successful season.

wow is this the biggest loser mentality I have ever seen.

So if the Cavs make the Finals and lose- thats considered a failure if you compare them to a BobCats team that wins 5 more games than projected?

GMAFB

lol

Told ya.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if the Cavs make the Finals and lose- thats considered a failure if you compare them to a BobCats team that wins 5 more games than projected?

GMAFB

lol

For sure.
It means one team exceeded expectations and one failed to live up to them.
You're confusing the difference between better season vs season expectations.

Championship Windows never open that wide and then tend to close quickly.

If/when James comes up short again this year, there should be serious doubt as to whether the Cavs ever win anything this go round with him.

He's already been in 5 straight Finals.
It can't/won't continue much longer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they were. Who would say they are title contenders?

and as Stein said on ESPN- there is no one that is even going to threaten the Cavs in the East.

NO ONE OUT THERE THINKS ANYONE BESIDES THE CAVS ARE GOING TO THE FINALS OUT OFTHE EAST.

NO ONE. WITH ANY CREDIBILITY thinks it will be anyone but the Cavs.

Hey Wiggy.

Tell us the top 3 reasons in your opinion as to why Tristan isn't signed yet.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GMAFB

lol

Yes. If you don't realize it is championship or bust for Cleveland once again, you should have your head check asap

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT would be in the top-20 highest paid players if Cleveland gives him what he wants. Dude is hilarious.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland does not win the title, it would definitely be a failure considering all the championship aspirations that the team has.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW
Rose found a new bone to break in his body.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rose isn't injury prone"- Kyrie Irving & Wiggy

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd throw some money down on those Miami odds.

With Bosh back and if Whiteside is for real (I was a huge fan of his coming out of the draft, and if any of you were on KFFL you know I was screaming for years for NBA teams to grab this dude) that team can be very dangerous.

I'm not saying they're a favorite, but they have some championship pedigree already and could make some noise.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd throw some money down on those Miami odds.

With Bosh back and if Whiteside is for real (I was a huge fan of his coming out of the draft, and if any of you were on KFFL you know I was screaming for years for NBA teams to grab this dude) that team can be very dangerous.

I'm not saying they're a favorite, but they have some championship pedigree already and could make some noise.

Miami certainly isn't the favorites. But Miami could make things interested. As I've said a couple times before, of course Cleveland is the favs out in the East. The only other team I can think of is Chicago, but that's on coaching as they have the necessary personnel. Other than that, no one.

Back to Cleveland, you can't have a team this deep in the luxury tax, with the best player in the league, along with two all-stars and not say it's not title or bust. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way. At least Miami fans were willing to accept that 2011 and 2014 were complete failures.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami certainly isn't the favorites. But Miami could make things interested. As I've said a couple times before, of course Cleveland is the favs out in the East. The only other team I can think of is Chicago, but that's on coaching as they have the necessary personnel. Other than that, no one.

Back to Cleveland, you can't have a team this deep in the luxury tax, with the best player in the league, along with two all-stars and not say it's not title or bust. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way. At least Miami fans were willing to accept that 2011 and 2014 were complete failures.

Win or lose, the Heat at 40-1 are a much smarter bet then taking the Cavs or any other team at 2-1.

Also, Wiggy, the Cavs are only the favorite to win it all because they play in the East ( which greatly enhances their chances of making it to the Finals).

If you look at the numbers in the article you were quoting, 3 teams in the much tougher West have higher season win total predictions then the Cavs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'll FOR SURE bring up Miami's record from LAST year...:L

Like most Cavs fans - brings up that Heat missed playoffs, despite Bosh and Wade being out. Yet, brings up Finals loss because Love and Irving were injured. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GMAFB

lol

Uh, based on the money they spent yes.

Not to bring my hilariously debated Blockbuster analogy to the forefront again, but......

If you have 2 movies that make 100m at the box office and one of those films cost 10 mil to make, while the other cost 150m...it's pretty clear that only one can be seen as a success.

Maybe this will simplify for you.

Knicks had the worst bang for the buck in the NBA this season

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has released its 2015-16 NBA season win totals. Below is a table of them, along with updated 2015-16 title odds for all 30 NBA teams.
Wins Championship Odds
Cleveland Cavaliers 56.5 2-1 (the favorite)

Miami Heat 45.5 40-1(snowballs chance in hell)

Los Angeles Lakers 29.5 200-1(about the same as Jimmy Buss' HOF hopes)

:thumb:

Some ESPN Power Rankings stuff

Cleveland
53-29
The NBA Finals don't start for another 250 days, but I can't find a soul who thinks LeBron James and his Cavs won't be in them. Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and Anderson Varejao can all take it slow on their respective comeback trails if necessary, because there's not even a clear-cut No. 2 in the East to give 'em a push

Miami
37-45

Can you be a rampant Goran Dragic fan and a Heat skeptic at the same time? Miami is the ultimate win-now team, but there's no escaping the fact that the next minute Dragic, Dwyane Wade, Luol Deng, Chris Bosh and Hassan Whiteside share the court together will be the first. So many ways this can play ou

Los Angeles
56-26
Wouldn't go as far as saying Doc Rivers saved his career with DeAndre Jordan's U-turn, as Mark Cuban is claiming, but it admittedly gave him new life. Now we wonder: As much as depth issues hurt the Clips last season, does Doc really have enough PT for Paul Pierce, Josh Smith and Lance Stephenson?
How is this different than last season? Weren't the Cavs the favorite last season prior to the season starting until the Warriors took off on everybody?? Yet, those same Cavs LOST.......AGAIN! Even WITH the best player in the league. LOL

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GMAFB

lol
So if you lose in the championship round you don't consider that a failure? Even if the other team celebrates in your face with a trophy...such as the Warriors just did in June?? :lol: