• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More reasons why Broussard should lose his job

Tristan Thompson, Cleveland Cavaliers fail to reach agreement on contract

Good job by the Cavs not giving this clown a max contract

They might need to consider trading him if they are not gonna pay!him the max.

I can see him giving them the Greg Monroe treatment if he takes the qualifying offer.

I really think this whole thing is stupid.

We all know they are gonna cave.

But, they probably shouldn't.

If you could count on Andy playing 60 games , letting him walk would be a no-brainer.

Sadly, that is a pipe dream.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More reasons why Broussard should lose his job

Tristan Thompson, Cleveland Cavaliers fail to reach agreement on contract

Good job by the Cavs not giving this clown a max contract

How can anything that pisses off James and his annual opt outs ever be a good idea if you are Gilbert?

I love it though.

No matter how it plays out, either Gilbert caves into James and way overpays or he does exactly what Wiggy said he would never do and makes a decision based solely on money which gives James the excuse he'll claim he needed when he's had enough convincing that the Cavs aren't ever winning any titles.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland Cavaliers have locked up one of LeBron James’ friends but not Tristan Thompson. Cleveland.com is reporting that the team has signed former St. Vincent-St. Mary basketball player Brandon Weems to be a college scout:

The Cavaliers hired former St. Vincent-St. Mary standout and college basketball assistant coach Brandon Weems as a scout, a team source told Northeast Ohio Media Group.

Weems is indeed a close friend and high-school teammate of LeBron James, but comes to the Cavs having served the last two seasons as an assistant at NCAA Div. I Oakland University in Michigan and before that at Drexel.

The second paragraph started out a little scary but knowing that he worked in college, even for lower level teams, means Weems should have some qualifications to scout college. For those wondering, being friends and ex-teammates with LeBron is not exactly a qualification, though not a bad reference to have on the resume.

The Weems hire comes as the Cavs continue their stalemate with Thompson. The two moves are not connected by anything other than LeBron. That the Cavs would hire a James friend while also holding a hard line with a player he has stated “should” be a Cav for life is interesting.

Many believe LeBron was frustrated by his lack of control in Miami. That Pat Riley wouldn’t give up control is not surprising. That Dan Gilbert would be willing to is not either.

LeBron is getting his friends jobs again in his second year back in Cleveland. This time it isn’t Mike Miller or James Jones on the court but Brandon Weems in the Front Office.

On another note.
Gilbert being Gilbert possibly thinking that this will make things all better (which it won't).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland Cavaliers have locked up one of LeBron James’ friends but not Tristan Thompson. Cleveland.com is reporting that the team has signed former St. Vincent-St. Mary basketball player Brandon Weems to be a college scout:

The Cavaliers hired former St. Vincent-St. Mary standout and college basketball assistant coach Brandon Weems as a scout, a team source told Northeast Ohio Media Group.

Weems is indeed a close friend and high-school teammate of LeBron James, but comes to the Cavs having served the last two seasons as an assistant at NCAA Div. I Oakland University in Michigan and before that at Drexel.

The second paragraph started out a little scary but knowing that he worked in college, even for lower level teams, means Weems should have some qualifications to scout college. For those wondering, being friends and ex-teammates with LeBron is not exactly a qualification, though not a bad reference to have on the resume.

The Weems hire comes as the Cavs continue their stalemate with Thompson. The two moves are not connected by anything other than LeBron. That the Cavs would hire a James friend while also holding a hard line with a player he has stated “should” be a Cav for life is interesting.

Many believe LeBron was frustrated by his lack of control in Miami. That Pat Riley wouldn’t give up control is not surprising. That Dan Gilbert would be willing to is not either.

LeBron is getting his friends jobs again in his second year back in Cleveland. This time it isn’t Mike Miller or James Jones on the court but Brandon Weems in the Front Office.

On another note.
Gilbert being Gilbert possibly thinking that this will make things all better (which it won't).

This should be interesting.

It's also funny that this Thompson thing is still ongoing. The problem - money. Something that Wiggy said Gilbert is not against spending. So I ask the same question without a straight response from Wiggy - If Gilbert's not a cheap ass like Arison (as you point out so foolishly), and since money's not an issue as he'll spend anything to bring a title to shit hol....Cleveland. Then why is Thompson not signed yet?

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be interesting.

It's also funny that this Thompson thing is still ongoing. The problem - money. Something that Wiggy said Gilbert is not against spending. So I ask the same question without a straight response from Wiggy - If Gilbert's not a cheap ass like Arison (as you point out so foolishly), and since money's not an issue as he'll spend anything to bring a title to shit hol....Cleveland. Then why is Thompson not signed yet?

Yup - I think even Gilbert realizes why would he pay Thompson almost as much as what he just plunked down for Kevin Love for the same damn position. Not sure why Lebron (If he really is) would be pushing to get that done, it's not good a good business decision.

And if we learned one thing over the years Lebron does make pretty good business decisions...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Not sure why Lebron (If he really is) would be pushing to get that done, it's not good a good business decision.

Hey Cap'n!

I am wondering - given all of this back n forth between Thompson and the Cavs' in terms of a contract offer- and in reference to your statement above, what does all this say about LBJ's confidence in Love? I mean, Thompson plays the same position as Love so why would he want Gilbert to pay them the same salary? Is the intent to use Thompson more and Love less? Perhaps LBJ doesn't think Love can stay healthy for a full season?.....:noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup - I think even Gilbert realizes why would he pay Thompson almost as much as what he just plunked down for Kevin Love for the same damn position. Not sure why Lebron (If he really is) would be pushing to get that done, it's not good a good business decision.

And if we learned one thing over the years Lebron does make pretty good business decisions...

Funny thing is, that's exactly what I said when this all started with Thompson. However, Wiggy assured us all that it wasn't a problem, Love and Thompson would share the floor a lot and Gilbert didn't care about spending the money.

Looks like Gilbert may be thinking that's too much money tied up in one position as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has released its 2015-16 NBA season win totals. Below is a table of them, along with updated 2015-16 title odds for all 30 NBA teams.
Wins Championship Odds
Cleveland Cavaliers 56.5 2-1 (the favorite)

Miami Heat 45.5 40-1(snowballs chance in hell)

Los Angeles Lakers 29.5 200-1(about the same as Jimmy Buss' HOF hopes)

:thumb:

Some ESPN Power Rankings stuff

Cleveland
53-29
The NBA Finals don't start for another 250 days, but I can't find a soul who thinks LeBron James and his Cavs won't be in them. Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and Anderson Varejao can all take it slow on their respective comeback trails if necessary, because there's not even a clear-cut No. 2 in the East to give 'em a push

Miami
37-45

Can you be a rampant Goran Dragic fan and a Heat skeptic at the same time? Miami is the ultimate win-now team, but there's no escaping the fact that the next minute Dragic, Dwyane Wade, Luol Deng, Chris Bosh and Hassan Whiteside share the court together will be the first. So many ways this can play ou

Los Angeles
56-26
Wouldn't go as far as saying Doc Rivers saved his career with DeAndre Jordan's U-turn, as Mark Cuban is claiming, but it admittedly gave him new life. Now we wonder: As much as depth issues hurt the Clips last season, does Doc really have enough PT for Paul Pierce, Josh Smith and Lance Stephenson?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has released its 2015-16 NBA season win totals. Below is a table of them, along with updated 2015-16 title odds for all 30 NBA teams.
Wins Championship Odds

Cleveland
53-29
The NBA Finals don't start for another 250 days, but I can't find a soul who thinks LeBron James and his Cavs won't be in them. Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and Anderson Varejao can all take it slow on their respective comeback trails if necessary, because there's not even a clear-cut No. 2 in the East to give 'em a push

Miami
37-45

Can you be a rampant Goran Dragic fan and a Heat skeptic at the same time? Miami is the ultimate win-now team, but there's no escaping the fact that the next minute Dragic, Dwyane Wade, Luol Deng, Chris Bosh and Hassan Whiteside share the court together will be the first. So many ways this can play ou

Los Angeles
56-26
Wouldn't go as far as saying Doc Rivers saved his career with DeAndre Jordan's U-turn, as Mark Cuban is claiming, but it admittedly gave him new life. Now we wonder: As much as depth issues hurt the Clips last season, does Doc really have enough PT for Paul Pierce, Josh Smith and Lance Stephenson?

Once again who on here said the Heat were ever title contenders? Most Heat fans I know will be pretty satisfied with making it to round 2 this year and fighting our ass off in that round for a team to eliminate us.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Heat win total is a little low. I think we'll be around 48-52 wins

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again who on here said the Heat were ever title contenders? Most Heat fans I know will be pretty satisfied with making it to round 2 this year and fighting our ass off in that round for a team to eliminate us.
I never said they were. Who would say they are title contenders?

and as Stein said on ESPN- there is no one that is even going to threaten the Cavs in the East.

NO ONE OUT THERE THINKS ANYONE BESIDES THE CAVS ARE GOING TO THE FINALS OUT OFTHE EAST.

NO ONE. WITH ANY CREDIBILITY thinks it will be anyone but the Cavs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and as Stein said on ESPN- there is no one that is even going to threaten the Cavs in the East.

NO ONE OUT THERE THINKS ANYONE BESIDES THE CAVS ARE GOING TO THE FINALS OUT OFTHE EAST.

AND WHO SAID OTHERWISE? BTW I love the way you cut and paste that comment Stein made about the Heat in his power rankings and intentionally left out the fact that he have the Heat ranked #10 in his power rankings. No surprise that you would do that. NONE AT ALL

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i personally DO hope they make it back to the finals. i'd LOVE to see them get obliterated again by whoever comes outta the west...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shump out now until Jan joining Kyrie.
How long until James joins the list?

BTW, I love how James said he'll be able to get more rest because of the versatility of Love.
Good luck with that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins Championship Odds

Cleveland
53-29

Miami
37-45

Los Angeles
56-26

2014-2015 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
CAVALIERS 5-2SPURS 3-1THUNDER 9-2BULLS 6-1CLIPPERS 8-1WARRIORS 25-1WIZARDS 25-1ROCKETS 30-1MAVERICKS 30-1RAPTORS 30-1HORNETS 40-1BLAZERS 40-1HEAT 40-1NETS 40-1GRIZZLIES 40-1KNICKS 50-1PELICANS 50-1NUGGETS 60-1HAWKS 60-1PACERS 100-1SUNS 100-1PISTONS 200-1MAGIC 300-1WOLVES 300-1LAKERS 300-1CELTICS 300-1JAZZ 300-1KINGS 300-1BUCKS 500-176ERS 1000

Warriors were 25-1 last year.
Not saying the Heat will or won't do anything, but odds are just that..

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins Championship Odds

Cleveland
53-29

Miami
37-45

Los Angeles
56-26

This is why literally everyone on here thinks you're an idiot. Who said the Lakers or Heat were contenders or better than the Cavs? What was being discussed, was how TT wants a near max contract that Gilbert is thus far unwilling to pay him. This after you assured everyone that money was no object, Gilbert would pay whatever it took and tying up that much money in 1 position was a good idea.

You posted the stupidity above because, so far, Gilbert is doing pretty much the opposite of what you said he'd do and you want to deflect from it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why literally everyone on here thinks you're an idiot. Who said the Lakers or Heat were contenders or better than the Cavs? What was being discussed, was how TT wants a near max contract that Gilbert is thus far unwilling to pay him. This after you assured everyone that money was no object, Gilbert would pay whatever it took and tying up that much money in 1 position was a good idea.

You posted the stupidity above because, so far, Gilbert is doing pretty much the opposite of what you said he'd do and you want to deflect from it.

Wiggy is so dumb that if the Heat for example makes it to the 2nd the round of the playoffs and let's say lose to Chicago/Cleveland in 6 games in the 2nd round while the Cavs make the finals and lose in the same amount of games. He would somehow consider Miami season a failure even though they met/exceeded expectations while Cleveland season would not be a failure in his opinion even though it is championship or bust for them

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is so dumb that if the Heat for example makes it to the 2nd the round of the playoffs and let's say lose to Chicago/Cleveland in 6 games in the 2nd round while the Cavs make the finals and lose in the same amount of games. He would somehow consider Miami season a failure even though they met/exceeded expectations while Cleveland season would not be a failure in his opinion even though it is championship or bust for them

Oh, I'm sure that he's already working on his laundry list of reasons why it's not championship or bust and losing in the finals will still mean the Cavs had a successful season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wow is this the biggest loser mentality I have ever seen.

So if the Cavs make the Finals and lose- thats considered a failure if you compare them to a BobCats team that wins 5 more games than projected?

GMAFB

lol