• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blood clot or hamstring. It doesn't really make any difference.

Doesn't matter as far as why he missed games last year, but it certainly does moving forward.
I'm not sure why he developed the blood clot, but other than that, his body has proved that it can handle 100 game seasons.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter as far as why he missed games last year, but it certainly does moving forward.
I'm not sure why he developed the blood clot, but other than that, his body has proved that it can handle 100 game seasons.
The guy is getting older and his body may be breaking down.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, the more I look at htis Milwaukee team and roster the more I think they are really set up going forward....this year will be interesting - because of the new parts and integrating a volume scorer like Parker- it will be interesting if they can come together quickly- it seemsl ike Kidd is a good coach- so maybe the can...but man...

PG- MCW
SG- Middleton
SF- Giannis
PF- Monroe
C- Henson

and thats with Parker on the bench!!!!! Parker has the size to play PF in some small lineups---- damn...imagine that moving Parker to the 4 for stretches and Monroe at the 5......VAzquez is a nice backup PG, mayo a nice backup wing scorer..Plumlee a niceba ckup big....Ennis a nice developmental Pg...

they should have cap room as well next season i would think....really like howt hey built this team- especially in a small market.
What strikes me about the Bucks is their length. Lengthy teams like that are hard to score on. MCW is a 6'6 PG who can put the clamps down. Giannis is a 7' wing. Middleton and Parker have good size for a small forward. And Henson is a shot blocking maniac. Outside of Monroe, that whole team can defend. If Giannis can score consistently and Parker comes back strong, the Bucks will be very good. I still think they are a year or two away from contending for the east though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker will be starting over Middleton.
i dunno man- they just gave Middleton 70 million- and Parker is too damn big to play SG...I remember when the cavs were looking at drafting him that many scouts thought he might end up a small ball or stretch PF....I think SG would be asking a lot from a player his size--- and SF they have Giannis....who just might be even better than what Parker could/will be.

Middleton is one of the best 2 way SGs in the game and he is very young still. Monroe is a very good big man- though- not elite- hes solid at everything. Henson is a good rim stopper

a bench of OJ Mayo, Greivis Vazquez, Miles Plumlee, and Ennis is solid.....

my concern is there is a lot of turnover since they lost a lot of vets like illysova, dudley, pachulia---- its a very young team, and they have to incorporate a volume scorer like parker and another guy who should get al ot of shots in Monroe.

VERY VERY talented though. If Kidd can really coach as well as it appears- I think the Bucks are the 3rd most TALENTED team after Cleveland and Chicago...Atlanta is still very good with great coaching, great chemistry, continuity etc....and the Wiz with Wall and Beal are going to be very good- Otto Porter has actually started to develop....and they are going to have max room at some point...

EAst is really coming around....I mean- the Magic are still a couple years away but I really like all their young talent too.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno man- they just gave Middleton 70 million- and Parker is too damn big to play SG...I remember when the cavs were looking at drafting him that many scouts thought he might end up a small ball or stretch PF....I think SG would be asking a lot from a player his size--- and SF they have Giannis....who just might be even better than what Parker could/will be.

Middleton is one of the best 2 way SGs in the game and he is very young still. Monroe is a very good big man- though- not elite- hes solid at everything. Henson is a good rim stopper

a bench of OJ Mayo, Greivis Vazquez, Miles Plumlee, and Ennis is solid.....

my concern is there is a lot of turnover since they lost a lot of vets like illysova, dudley, pachulia---- its a very young team, and they have to incorporate a volume scorer like parker and another guy who should get al ot of shots in Monroe.

VERY VERY talented though. If Kidd can really coach as well as it appears- I think the Bucks are the 3rd most TALENTED team after Cleveland and Chicago...Atlanta is still very good with great coaching, great chemistry, continuity etc....and the Wiz with Wall and Beal are going to be very good- Otto Porter has actually started to develop....and they are going to have max room at some point...

EAst is really coming around....I mean- the Magic are still a couple years away but I really like all their young talent too.
Giannis is going to be the two.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What strikes me about the Bucks is their length. Lengthy teams like that are hard to score on. MCW is a 6'6 PG who can put the clamps down. Giannis is a 7' wing. Middleton and Parker have good size for a small forward. And Henson is a shot blocking maniac. Outside of Monroe, that whole team can defend. If Giannis can score consistently and Parker comes back strong, the Bucks will be very good. I still think they are a year or two away from contending for the east though.
seriously man.....all those athletes with those wing spans

MCW at 6' 6"
Middleton at 6'7"
Giannis at 6'11"
Parket at 6'8"

its just crazy....you GOTTA be able to shoot the 3 against that team if you want to have even a decently efficient offense against them.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude...its just- i dunno man- they didnt get middleton 70 million to come off the bench....i dont think so anyway.....

its a good problem to have- too many good young players i guess-
He will get his minutes. I like him as a player, but Parker could be the next melo if healthy and Giannis could be even better. If Middleton replaces anyone in the starting line up it will be Henson or Monroe as long as Parker is 100%.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get his minutes. I like him as a player, but Parker could be the next melo if healthy and Giannis could be even better. If Middleton replaces anyone in the starting line up it will be Henson or Monroe as long as Parker is 100%.
its just funny to hear the lemmings talk about how guys never wil lsign with non- "glamour" cities- and to see Monroe spurn the Lakers and Knicks to sign with the Bucks...
or literally hear ALL SEASON that Love was leaving- that he was going to LA or Houston or wherever- and then he signs a FIVE YEAR contract. Or see Aldridge sign with San Antonio to be a cornerstone of the next SAS "Big 3" with Leonard and Green....
during the season you are on the road half the time, the other times you are practicing or playing--- you dont have much downtown at home during the season. Guys have proven they will pass up palm trees for wins if you have the right situation. Even Butler was supposedly trying to force his way to LA only to sign a max with the Bulls and stay in the midwest.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not very true. Roster is totally different. Durant barely played any games since they made all the notable moves during the trade deadline. This is the best team they ever had
So who is that 3rd option that will make the difference or make them a reputable Big 3 in order to compete with the other power house teams?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think you just named our 2 best players.

The descent from James will prob come before Bosh, just because style of play.
He's racking up those frequent flyer miles pretty rapidly.

Now, let's figure in the movies and many other outside ventures James has and watch how fast he quits needing to kill himself trying to win one for the Cavs if it doesn't happen pretty quick.
Sure, he's going to sign that mega contract so Gilbert is waaayyyy overpaying him towards the end of it, but by then his winning will have already happened or not happened.

LOL Bosh is already declining. That is why he is a 3 point shooter now. His game is only going downhill because he doesnt bang in the post. But this style of play could let him last longer, so basically he is declining just at a slower pace. A Duncan type of slow decline, not comparing them as players though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Bosh is already declining. That is why he is a 3 point shooter now. His game is only going downhill because he doesnt bang in the post. But this style of play could let him last longer, so basically he is declining just at a slower pace. A Duncan type of slow decline, not comparing them as players though.
A power forward who plays like a shooting guard and refuses to bang in the post is definitely not an all star. It will be interesting to see where Bosh is at physically and skills wise this upcoming year.

Last year Bosh shot 46% from the field- which is pretty sub-par for a PF. That is down from 51.5% and 53.5% the previous two seasons- in fact- its his lowest shooting % since his ROOKIE YEAR by a fairly significant margin. Bosh is a below average rebounder for his position at 7.0 last season, and 6.8 and 6.6 the two previous seasons. He averages 0.6 blocks a game- so its evident he is nothing close to a rim defender- but he has in the passed been a solid pick and roll defender since he moves his feet well.

Bosh is still a very good player- but its clear he is not what he was at one point in his career and that trend will only continue. The Heat have him signed for the next 4 years at nearly 25 Million a year as well for his age 31, 32, 33, 34 seasons.

Like I said Bosh is still a valuable player- and he gets you 20 a game- but he cant defend the rim or rebound, and he shot basically a career low field goal percentage last year. Father time is catching up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI

Kyrie Irving started 71 games 2 years ago and started 75 games last season- so he missed a combined 18 games over the two seasons- and a handful of those misses were straight rest to prepare for the post season.

Last year Kyrie made his 3rd all star team and made his first all nba team. he turned 23 in March.

Last year he shot 46.8% from the field and 41.5% from 3. Both great numbers for a point guard- especially one that shoots it at such a high rate as Kyrie. Overall he improved substantially on the defensive end- and meshed much quicker with LeBron James than was generally anticipated.

He scored 57 points in a game vs. the Spurs, and 55 points in a game vs. the Blazers- which were the 2 high scoring games in the entire NBA for the season.

Last offseason he signed a 5 year max contract that kicks in this year which will pay him about an average of 18M a season- which will represent one of the great "value" contracts in the NBA once the new cap deals continue to be signed in the upcoming seasons.

just for comparison sake- Turnup loves to shift the focus from Wades injuries to Kyries- but over the last two seasons - as I said- Kyrie has started all but 18 games- while Dwayne Wade has missed a combined FORTY-NINE GAMES over the last two regular seasons. Dont let the rhetoric of loud but wrong lemmings lead you away from that. 18 - to 49.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how i know your delusional. You hhonestly think Whiteside and Dragic are better than Wade and Bosh? a guy that is barely- if at all- top 10 at his position- that has started for what?3-4 years in the NBA and never made an all star team? never had significant moment in his career? AND then the guy who was an exile and has played basically a half a season as an NBA starter
He did have that one incredible game with the Suns against the Spurs in the playoffs where he scored like 23 in a row or something...yeah, I remember that. :noidea:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Parker starts over Middleton. I think the Bucks will actually go with a small lineup of MCW, Middleton, Parker, Giannis & Monroe. Or at least that will be the finishing unit down the stretch.

IMO, Giannis would be better off gaining 10-15 pounds of muscle and converting to a hybrid 4. He doesn't have quite the motor, but he could be their version of Draymond Green.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're getting way ahead of yourself. Cavs ring count is what? James is 0-8 there, so maybe slow it down until you maybe get to the magical number of 1?

No shit. Wiggy's been telling us all about all of these Cavs championships and making dynasty claims. Meanwhile, the number of Larry O' Brien trophies in the Cavs trophy case stands at 0.

Maybe he thinks they have 2 because of what Lebron did in Miami? :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more and more I read about it- the more and more I like the Hibbert pick up for the Lakers. He has said he is focusing solely on defense and leaving the scoring to the likes or Kobe, Russell, Randle, Williams etc....

And we have seen all over the place that their are a lot of star power forwards in the NBA that are known more for their offense and rebounding for their defense- and ALL those guys want to play with a center who can protect them- its almost like a prerequisite to have a big defensive minded shot blocking center if you have hopes of acquiring one- and Hibbert gives you that in a big way.

If he works out decently well- and he wants to stay in LA- I think the Lakers should extend him if they could get him for like 10-12M a year- which seems the going rate for just a solid NBA big man. 3 years 35 would not be bad at all- maybe even less than that if you could get him to take it...Especially if Scott is the coach since Hibbert fits in his plodding style pretty well and old-school offensive system well......

Man...Lakers do need some 3 pt shooting badly though.

Agree with pretty much every word of this. I don't think Byron wants a plodding style offense, though. I think he wants something closer to Showtime. Hibbert would play a bit of a poor mans Kareem in that system. During Showtime, the young guys ran up and down the floor. Kareem was there for the half court and to protect the paint.

Agree about the 3 point shooting. They need to either get a guy or develop one. Maybe Lou Williams and/or Clarkson. Not sure how well Russell shot the 3 in college, but being a good 3 point shooter in college, doesn't always translate to the NBA.

If Hibbert is motivated and willing to worry about strictly defense, that could be huge for the Lakers going forward. Plus, he's apparently already been working with Kareem and texts him with questions, etc. all the time.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI

Kyrie Irving started 71 games 2 years ago and started 75 games last season- so he missed a combined 18 games over the two seasons- and a handful of those misses were straight rest to prepare for the post season.

Last year Kyrie made his 3rd all star team and made his first all nba team. he turned 23 in March.

Last year he shot 46.8% from the field and 41.5% from 3. Both great numbers for a point guard- especially one that shoots it at such a high rate as Kyrie. Overall he improved substantially on the defensive end- and meshed much quicker with LeBron James than was generally anticipated.

He scored 57 points in a game vs. the Spurs, and 55 points in a game vs. the Blazers- which were the 2 high scoring games in the entire NBA for the season.

Last offseason he signed a 5 year max contract that kicks in this year which will pay him about an average of 18M a season- which will represent one of the great "value" contracts in the NBA once the new cap deals continue to be signed in the upcoming seasons.

just for comparison sake- Turnup loves to shift the focus from Wades injuries to Kyries- but over the last two seasons - as I said- Kyrie has started all but 18 games- while Dwayne Wade has missed a combined FORTY-NINE GAMES over the last two regular seasons. Dont let the rhetoric of loud but wrong lemmings lead you away from that. 18 - to 49.
Well it's typical you only want to talk about half the story. How can you compare a player that has over a decade of regular season + post-season miles to a player of which doesn't even take a full hand of fingers to count his number of seasons + post-seasons combined played.

I mean I am by no means a Wade fan but I will call a spade a spade. Wade's body is broken in all likely hood due to him playing so many games....what's Kyrie's excuse after only 4 seasons?