• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously....as far as the East goes- if you are talking about going forward- Kyrie and Love are right up there with anyone--- id put Paul George and Wall ahead of them....but after that....if you were building a franchise those 2 guys are right there with a small handful of other guys.

A large reason why I think the Heat will remain an after-thought to the Cavs is their lack of elite talent either in or entering their prime years.

Its damn hard to land a franchise player- whether through the draft or through free agency....who knows the next time Miami will acquire one of those guys. It could be half a decade - and thats if they are lucky.
I agree with you on Kyrie, but Love isn't that great. The Cavs without Lebron are a playoff team, but not a contender. You have to face the fact that once Lebron leaves, Clevelands window to win a title slams shut.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, Dragic should have been starting over Nash in his prime.
Please STFU already.

You can't and never will be able to get around the FACT that Kyrie-James= NO PLAYOFFS, EVER in a shitty EC.
Or, that he's NEVER been healthy at seasons end.

Good luck trying though.

so, in the world where reality rules how was Vegas...?:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, in the world where reality rules how was Vegas...?:lol:

There's no place I'd rather spend 5-6 days, but it was time to come home.

As far as the summer league games ( I know Gordon was considering going next year), for $20.. you can thoroughly entertain yourself.
They play in both the Men's (huge) arena and the women's (much, much smaller) which are connected by a concourse in the middle.
You have access to go back and forth and sit wherever you want for as long as you want.
Tons of NBA players all over the place watching the games and for the most part being fan friendly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on Kyrie, but Love isn't that great. The Cavs without Lebron are a playoff team, but not a contender. You have to face the fact that once Lebron leaves, Clevelands window to win a title slams shut.

I would agree with that- at least in the short term- but they proved- and other small market teams have proved- that you can do it in the NBA- I mean if LeBron did not come back- the Cavs were going to have a core of Kyrie and Wiggins- along with a bunch of other solid young players and a ton of cap room- and as we saw with Butler- guys NEVER leave when they are restricted and offered the max- if you want your guys you have them for AT LEAST 7-9 years- and if you are good- they usually stay even after that.

And I really do think that Butler is one of the top guys in the East

As I said- id go

1. Bron
2. Paul George
3. John Wall
4. Kevin Love
5. Jimmy Butler
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Andre Drummond
8. Horford
9. Giannis
10. Jabari

in the East- IF I was trying to build a team....Horford is a little questionable there but I really do have a ton of respect for him....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade, yes. Bosh, really? Bosh missed half the season because of a blood clot in his lung. Wasn't aware that made you injury prone.
Missing half the season would qualify anyone as injury prone.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ is the straw that stirs the drink for the Cavs. Without him they would be a lower seed playoff team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade, yes. Bosh, really? Bosh missed half the season because of a blood clot in his lung. Wasn't aware that made you injury prone.

Wiggy-'Bosh is injury prone, but Kyrie is an iron man'

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing half the season would qualify anyone as injury prone.

No.
Missing substantial parts of multiple seasons for various reasons would qualify you as injury prone.
Bosh suffered an illness, that now treated, should be a non factor moving forward.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of a fucking blood clot? This isn't a hamstring or knee issue. It's a blood clot. My god.
I agree with you- it doesnt make him injury prone- but if it reoccurs- is worse than any injury- he is done for his career. The Browns just recently had a guy forced into retirement because of it.

Not saying it will happen- and I am sure the chances are against it- but if Bosh does develop another clot- sometime shortly after a press-conference will be called where he will announce his retirement.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of a fucking blood clot? This isn't a hamstring or knee issue. It's a blood clot. My god.
Blood clot or hamstring. It doesn't really make any difference.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, the more I look at htis Milwaukee team and roster the more I think they are really set up going forward....this year will be interesting - because of the new parts and integrating a volume scorer like Parker- it will be interesting if they can come together quickly- it seemsl ike Kidd is a good coach- so maybe the can...but man...

PG- MCW
SG- Middleton
SF- Giannis
PF- Monroe
C- Henson

and thats with Parker on the bench!!!!! Parker has the size to play PF in some small lineups---- damn...imagine that moving Parker to the 4 for stretches and Monroe at the 5......VAzquez is a nice backup PG, mayo a nice backup wing scorer..Plumlee a niceba ckup big....Ennis a nice developmental Pg...

they should have cap room as well next season i would think....really like howt hey built this team- especially in a small market.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that- at least in the short term- but they proved- and other small market teams have proved- that you can do it in the NBA- I mean if LeBron did not come back- the Cavs were going to have a core of Kyrie and Wiggins- along with a bunch of other solid young players and a ton of cap room- and as we saw with Butler- guys NEVER leave when they are restricted and offered the max- if you want your guys you have them for AT LEAST 7-9 years- and if you are good- they usually stay even after that.

And I really do think that Butler is one of the top guys in the East

As I said- id go

1. Bron
2. Paul George
3. John Wall
4. Kevin Love
5. Jimmy Butler
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Andre Drummond
8. Horford
9. Giannis
10. Jabari

in the East- IF I was trying to build a team....Horford is a little questionable there but I really do have a ton of respect for him....
I'd move Kevin Love down the list. I think he's behind horford. He's a very good scorer and defensive rebounder. However, his defense is awful. He's nothing more than Carlos Boozer with a three point shot. The points he scores are negated by the points he gives up, and his defensive rebounds come mostly from not focusing on contesting shots and focusing more on boxing out. Boxing out is great, but you also have to d up and love doesn't do that. He gets paid because he puts up stats, not because he wins games.

I would probably put Kyrie behind wall and wait to put Paul George on the list until he proves he's the same player he was before the injury.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, the more I look at htis Milwaukee team and roster the more I think they are really set up going forward....this year will be interesting - because of the new parts and integrating a volume scorer like Parker- it will be interesting if they can come together quickly- it seemsl ike Kidd is a good coach- so maybe the can...but man...

PG- MCW
SG- Middleton
SF- Giannis
PF- Monroe
C- Henson

and thats with Parker on the bench!!!!! Parker has the size to play PF in some small lineups---- damn...imagine that moving Parker to the 4 for stretches and Monroe at the 5......VAzquez is a nice backup PG, mayo a nice backup wing scorer..Plumlee a niceba ckup big....Ennis a nice developmental Pg...

they should have cap room as well next season i would think....really like howt hey built this team- especially in a small market.
Parker will be starting over Middleton.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG- MCW
SG- Middleton
SF- Giannis
PF- Monroe
C- Henson

The Bucks are young and talented. They should be a high seed this season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you- it doesnt make him injury prone- but if it reoccurs- is worse than any injury- he is done for his career. The Browns just recently had a guy forced into retirement because of it.

Not saying it will happen- and I am sure the chances are against it- but if Bosh does develop another clot- sometime shortly after a press-conference will be called where he will announce his retirement.

If it reoccurs, then I agree.
Until it does though, he certainly is and never has been injury prone.