• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, late 20's. All the core guys are under 26 besides Lebron.
seriously....as far as the East goes- if you are talking about going forward- Kyrie and Love are right up there with anyone--- id put Paul George and Wall ahead of them....but after that....if you were building a franchise those 2 guys are right there with a small handful of other guys.

A large reason why I think the Heat will remain an after-thought to the Cavs is their lack of elite talent either in or entering their prime years.

Its damn hard to land a franchise player- whether through the draft or through free agency....who knows the next time Miami will acquire one of those guys. It could be half a decade - and thats if they are lucky.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie's age means ZERO with his injury situation.
How old is/was Greg Oden and a long list of others when they fell apart?

If Love gets injured AGAIN this season, I'll have to add him to the same category.
GMAFB

Riley would trade the whole Heat roster for Kyrie Irving and not blink.

Its just that hard to find an elite talent in their prime years. literally- it could be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before the Heat get another one.

especially with the rules set up by the new CBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving is 23 years old- a 3 time all star- coming off an All-NBA season. If Riley offered Bosh AND Wade for Kyrie and cap filler Griffin would put him on hold...roll around the floor laughing his ass off...and then get back on the phone and politely tell Riley to go find you own in-their-prime elite talent.

You can ex off getting it through the draft after all the future #1's Riley has mortgaged (when that bill becomes due Riley will have ridden off into hte sunset sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them). Maybe you get one in free agency- but that is a big time risk- especially considering the new CBA has made it even more likely guys resign at home. Not only that- but teams strike out on free agency ALL the time...even high profile teams that are "destinations" like NY, or LA or Dallas- or even Chicago that could only get Boozer to take their money when they entered the FA market.

Tell me an NBA free agent that is going to sign up long term to play with HAssan Whiteside and Goran Dragic as there "Big 3" once Bosh and Wade end their current descent with retirement. Good luck with that!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Spurs made the big splash signing with Aldridge, they also appear to have the typical "under the radar" signing that always seems to pay off for them with McAllum. If they grabbed Fredette, it would probably be another one of those under the radar signings. If there's a decent NBA career for Fredette, the Spurs would seem to be the team that could most likely get it.
The Spurs are the kind of team every fan yearns for.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie's age means ZERO with his injury situation.
How old is/was Greg Oden and a long list of others when they fell apart?

If Love gets injured AGAIN this season, I'll have to add him to the same category.
The Heat have a couple injury prone players in Wade and Bosh. Just sayin.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me an NBA free agent that is going to sign up long term to play with HAssan Whiteside and Goran Dragic as there "Big 3" once Bosh and Wade end their current descent with retirement. Good luck with that!

Miami is a destination city.

It has a tropical climate, tax-free environment, and out of control cosmopolitan lifestyle that fits an NBA player.

It will alway be able to attract NBA free agents.

Like it or not, a city like Cleveland is not attracting anyone......Generational transcendent players like LBJ cannot always be born in Cleveland.

Its not really fair. But, it is the reality of geography, climate, and taxation.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMAFB

Riley would trade the whole Heat roster for Kyrie Irving and not blink.

Its just that hard to find an elite talent in their prime years. literally- it could be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before the Heat get another one.

I forgot you were smarter than Riley.
The Heat will ALWAYS be fine long term. History says so.

I'm pretty confident he would NOT trade Dragic even up for Kyrie, today, with the roster we have.
James IS your PG, so he is better suited for your roster if his knees stay together.

You somehow keep forgetting that Kyrie as your best player couldn't even sniff an 8 seed in a shitty EC or finish a season on the court going back to high school.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot you were smarter than Riley.
The Heat will ALWAYS be fine long term. History says so.

I'm pretty confident he would NOT trade Dragic even up for Kyrie, today, with the roster we have.
James IS your PG, so he is better suited for your roster if his knees stay together.

You somehow keep forgetting that Kyrie as your best player couldn't even sniff an 8 seed in a shitty EC or finish a season on the court going back to high school.
You are certifiably insane if you think Riley would not INSTANTLY trade Dragic for Kyrie.

Dragic is a nice player- but he is nothing close to a franchise player. He is even a borderline top 10 guy at his position.

Riley is 70 and as we saw last year- is losing his fastball. He mortaged the future for one last run before he rides off in the sunset and leaves someone else with the bill.

Once Bosh and Wade retire, and Riley leaves, the Heat will be left with a MASSIVE rebuilding project- but will owe multiple first round picks. We saw how that worked out for the Lakers -- built a great team on paper with Nash and Howard- Buss died, they went into rebuild mode- and had for years mortgaged their future by trading all their picks

Finally the Lakers look to be digging themselves out and once again have promise - but this will be their 4th year in a row without winning a playoff game.

The same exact thing is developing with the Heat. Enjoy the next 2-3 years....because Riley will be gone. The bill will become due- and about 4-5 years of a hard, long rebuilding process will be staring you in the face.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving is 23 years old- a 3 time all star- coming off an All-NBA season. If Riley offered Bosh AND Wade for Kyrie and cap filler Griffin would put him on hold...roll around the floor laughing his ass off...and then get back on the phone and politely tell Riley to go find you own in-their-prime elite talent.

You can ex off getting it through the draft after all the future #1's Riley has mortgaged (when that bill becomes due Riley will have ridden off into hte sunset sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them). Maybe you get one in free agency- but that is a big time risk- especially considering the new CBA has made it even more likely guys resign at home. Not only that- but teams strike out on free agency ALL the time...even high profile teams that are "destinations" like NY, or LA or Dallas- or even Chicago that could only get Boozer to take their money when they entered the FA market.

I personally think you just named our 2 best players.

The descent from James will prob come before Bosh, just because style of play.
He's racking up those frequent flyer miles pretty rapidly.

Now, let's figure in the movies and many other outside ventures James has and watch how fast he quits needing to kill himself trying to win one for the Cavs if it doesn't happen pretty quick.
Sure, he's going to sign that mega contract so Gilbert is waaayyyy overpaying him towards the end of it, but by then his winning will have already happened or not happened.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has a tropical climate, tax-free environment, and out of control cosmopolitan lifestyle that fits an NBA player.

Like it or not, a city like Cleveland is not attracting anyone......Generational transcendent players like LBJ cannot always be born in Cleveland.

Its not really fair. But, it is the reality of geography, climate, and taxation.

South Beach is LOADED with NBA players all year long, when ever they have the opportunity.
Vegas was the same way last week. If they ever get a franchise, they will have no problem attracting players.
Nobody ever has, or ever will choose Cleveland even up unless James is there and playing at a high level. PERIOD.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are certifiably insane if you think Riley would not INSTANTLY trade Dragic for Kyrie.

Dragic is a nice player- but he is nothing close to a franchise player. He is even a borderline top 10 guy at his position.

Riley is 70 and as we saw last year- is losing his fastball. He mortaged the future for one last run before he rides off in the sunset and leaves someone else with the bill.

Once Bosh and Wade retire, and Riley leaves, the Heat will be left with a MASSIVE rebuilding project- but will owe multiple first round picks. We saw how that worked out for the Lakers -- built a great team on paper with Nash and Howard- Buss died, they went into rebuild mode- and had for years mortgaged their future by trading all their picks

Finally the Lakers look to be digging themselves out and once again have promise - but this will be their 4th year in a row without winning a playoff game.

The same exact thing is developing with the Heat. Enjoy the next 2-3 years....because Riley will be gone. The bill will become due- and about 4-5 years of a hard, long rebuilding process will be staring you in the face.

The Heat will be running an offense where everyone on the court will be a threat to score if our starting 5 stays as we hope.
Dragic can and will keep them all involved.
Kyrie is NOT a traditional PG. James runs the show.
Dragic wouldn't thrive with James because he needs the ball.
When Wade played PG last year it killed us.

You keep yours, we'll keep ours.

Name me the category's where Kyrie is more efficient than Dragic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

did you pay attention to this summer?

where Love resigned in Cleveland, where Aldridge signed in San Antonio, where Monroe spurned the Lakers and Knicks to sign in Milwaukee? Where the Lakers and Knicks couldnt get any guy that is even close to all star level to sign?

its about being able to win with guys in the NBA right now. When you are playing night in and night out and traveling and spending half your time on the road- it has OBVIOUSLY been way more important to these guys to win- then to go to a "destination" city.

5 years from now Love with be 31, Kyrie 28, Lebron 36.....SEEMS TO ME to be pretty darn similar to the situation the Spurs were in this last offseason - except those 3 are even YOUNGER than the Spurs big 3. - and the Spurs got Aldridge.

I mean- you out of all people should see that. I dont expect the lemming too- but cmon man.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat will be running an offense where everyone on the court will be a threat to score if our starting 5 stays as we hope.
Dragic can and will keep them all involved.
Kyrie is NOT a traditional PG. James runs the show.
Dragic wouldn't thrive with James because he needs the ball.
When Wade played PG last year it killed us.

You keep yours, we'll keep ours.

Name me the category's where Kyrie is more efficient than Dragic.

oh THAT IS FOR SURE....We will keep our roster- you keep yours. 5 game series MAX....Tyson Chandler is more "efficient" than Andre Drummond.

I ll take the MUCH BETTER PLAYER, Irving- over Dragic any day.....Dragic was barely getting NBA minutes when he was 23...Irving has made his 3rd all star team and an all NBA team - and is ONLY GETTING BETTER.

its not even a debate.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you pay attention to this summer?

where Love resigned in Cleveland, where Aldridge signed in San Antonio, where Monroe spurned the Lakers and Knicks to sign in Milwaukee? Where the Lakers and Knicks couldnt get any guy that is even close to all star level to sign?

its about being able to win with guys in the NBA right now. When you are playing night in and night out and traveling and spending half your time on the road- it has OBVIOUSLY been way more important to these guys to win- then to go to a "destination" city.

5 years from now Love with be 31, Kyrie 28, Lebron 36.....SEEMS TO ME to be pretty darn similar to the situation the Spurs were in this last offseason - except those 3 are even YOUNGER than the Spurs big 3. - and the Spurs got Aldridge.

I mean- you out of all people should see that. I dont expect the lemming too- but cmon man.

Nobody's going to move to Cleveland to play with a 36 year old James.
You can ETCH that in stone.
He will have spent more then HALF HIS LIFE in the NBA.
He'll be running on fumes, if he's still healthy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh THAT IS FOR SURE....We will keep our roster- you keep yours. 5 game series MAX....Tyson Chandler is more "efficient" than Andre Drummond.

I ll take the MUCH BETTER PLAYER, Irving- over Dragic any day.....Dragic was barely getting NBA minutes when he was 23...Irving has made his 3rd all star team and an all NBA team - and is ONLY GETTING BETTER.

its not even a debate.

Oh yeah, Dragic should have been starting over Nash in his prime.
Please STFU already.

You can't and never will be able to get around the FACT that Kyrie-James= NO PLAYOFFS, EVER in a shitty EC.
Or, that he's NEVER been healthy at seasons end.

Good luck trying though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think you just named our 2 best players.

The descent from James will prob come before Bosh, just because style of play.
He's racking up those frequent flyer miles pretty rapidly.

Now, let's figure in the movies and many other outside ventures James has and watch how fast he quits needing to kill himself trying to win one for the Cavs if it doesn't happen pretty quick.
Sure, he's going to sign that mega contract so Gilbert is waaayyyy overpaying him towards the end of it, but by then his winning will have already happened or not happened.

this is how i know your delusional. You hhonestly think Whiteside and Dragic are better than Wade and Bosh? a guy that is barely- if at all- top 10 at his position- that has started for what?3-4 years in the NBA and never made an all star team? never had significant moment in his career? AND then the guy who was an exile and has played basically a half a season as an NBA starter?

I have a feeling just like last year- that you are in for another RUDE awakening once this season gets underway.

Whiteside and Dragic are good players- but they are NOT guys that lead you to contention in the NBA- thati s for DAMN SURE.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 years from now Riley will be gone. Wade will be gone. Bosh will be playing out his contract. and the Heat will be in the middle of a massive rebuild while missing a ton of their picks. Maybe they get some B level FA's to take their money so they are just good enough not to get a good pick in the lotto- but never ever make it passed the first round.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how i know your delusional. You hhonestly think Whiteside and Dragic are better than Wade and Bosh? a guy that is barely- if at all- top 10 at his position- that has started for what?3-4 years in the NBA and never made an all star team? never had significant moment in his career? AND then the guy who was an exile and has played basically a half a season as an NBA starter?

I have a feeling just like last year- that you are in for another RUDE awakening once this season gets underway.

Whiteside and Dragic are good players- but they are NOT guys that lead you to contention in the NBA- thati s for DAMN SURE.

Maybe "better" isn't the right word, but they are the 2 players who can make the difference and NBA life MUCH easier for Bosh/Wade.

Wade now does not need to handle the ball and Bosh can play the game he's better at because Whiteside will dominate anyone on the boards.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 years from now Riley will be gone. Wade will be gone. Bosh will be playing out his contract. and the Heat will be in the middle of a massive rebuild while missing a ton of their picks. Maybe they get some B level FA's to take their money so they are just good enough not to get a good pick in the lotto- but never ever make it passed the first round.

Right, cause history shows that.:L

Other then the Spurs who came from the ABA, no modern expansion team has been as good or successful as the Heat has.

Please remember the only thing the Cavs have ever done is suck enough to always be in the lottery and then lucky enough to win it a few times.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMAFB

Riley would trade the whole Heat roster for Kyrie Irving and not blink.:crazy:

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Last edited by a moderator: