• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmer Fredette, why not?

Those are the types of 12-15 man signings I like to see.

There is no risk and ever so slightly an upside that the Spurs can (Danny Green/Roger Mason/Gary Neal) him.

I hate when a team wastes those end of the bench spots on some 35+ year old journeyman free agent.
What is the point of wasting a deep roster spot on an old guy free agent.

Those spots aren't going to see much playing time, so its always better to waste them on younger players or project players.

Get either someone 27 or under...or get a foreign project player.
I agree with this to a certain extent- especially for a team like the Spurs.

For a team like the Cavs last year- especially the team that came out the gate (before the trades) - you had a ton of young guys that were used to losing and had no playoff experience. In that situation- I think bringing in some championship experienced vets has some value. A lot of times those guys can contribute as well. I still have nightmares of Game 7 in Boston when LeBron and Pierce had their duel- but PJ Brown- ancient PJ Brown- it like 4 baskets down the stretch that were just crucial. Who can ever forget Miller hitting like those 8 threes in the Finals? Guys like Jones and Marion and Miller really helped guys like Kyrie and Thompson, and even Love- who had never played for good contending teams before (nothing was getting through to Dion Waiters apparently).

For a team like the Spurs who have just loads upon loads of playoff experience and leaders that have been there forever- filling out the back of the roster with high upside guys makes sense- especially guys that have seemingly good character like Fredette. You never know when a guy like that just might figure it out- or thrive in a certain role. After losing Belinelli and Joseph- Fredette is a decent bet as a guy who can replace some of those minutes.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After losing Belinelli and Joseph- Fredette is a decent bet as a guy who can replace some of those minutes.

Bellinelli will have to be replaced by some sort of commitee. Anderson, Ginobili, Diaw, and even Bonner will have to play the role of a 3-point shooting small forward for the 2nd unit. If Fredette can help, so be it. It is not exactly perfect but worth getting Aldridge and West instead.

But, they have 100% replaced Joseph. My favorite off-season SPURS move in the summer of SA was picking up Ray Mcallam. Nobody ever mentioned that outright perfect SPURS move.
McAllum - 950k/year, 7.4ppg, 2.8 apg
Joseph - 7 million/year, 6.8 ppg, 2.4 apg

Joseph might be a little better on defense. But, both are probably the fastest guys on the team, same age, and same offensive style of play. The salary was a no-brainer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellinelli will have to be replaced by some sort of commitee. Anderson, Ginobili, Diaw, and even Bonner will have to play the role of a 3-point shooting small forward for the 2nd unit. If Fredette can help, so be it. It is not exactly perfect but worth getting Aldridge and West instead.

But, they have 100% replaced Joseph. My favorite off-season SPURS move in the summer of SA was picking up Ray Mcallam. Nobody ever mentioned that outright perfect SPURS move.

Joseph might be a little better on defense. But, both are probably the fastest guys on the team, same age, and same offensive style of play. The salary was a no-brainer.

While the Spurs made the big splash signing with Aldridge, they also appear to have the typical "under the radar" signing that always seems to pay off for them with McAllum. If they grabbed Fredette, it would probably be another one of those under the radar signings. If there's a decent NBA career for Fredette, the Spurs would seem to be the team that could most likely get it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You cant really compare the two. Mcallum played for a shit team and had no pressure on him. Yes, he put up the numbers but he shot 43% and 30% behind the arc. That is pretty bad. Joseph was much better.
That being said it is still the least depth they have had behind Parker in awhile. Mills was great 2013 and Neal was in 2012.

We will see if playing for a winning team changes Mccallum's play.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it hard to get through the day with so many mental handicaps?

i dont care if Miller played Center when he was 22....not for one minute did he play SF last year.

and Jones played the 4 since- HE CANT GUARD SMALL FORWARDS - so he played as a stretch 4

for you to say the Cavs have 4 smal lforwards is beyond stupid.

cannot wait until this season gets started- and for - hopefully if the Heat dont shit themselves again- the anticipated Cavs/Heat playoff massacre that we will get if we are lucky.

Miller lined up behind the 3 point line like he always does/did. His position didn't change AT ALL.
Same with Jones.
James, as the Heat showed you, allows you to play 'position-less' most of the time.

And, glad your goal is to try to beat the Heat.
Even the biggest Heat fans aren't looking to surpass you for prob another season or maybe 2.
You should worry about your championship window which is shrinking quickly IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller lined up behind the 3 point line like he always does/did. His position didn't change AT ALL.
Same with Jones.
James, as the Heat showed you, allows you to play 'position-less' most of the time.

And, glad your goal is to try to beat the Heat.
Even the biggest Heat fans aren't looking to surpass you for prob another season or maybe 2.
You should worry about your championship window which is shrinking quickly IMO.

Mike Miller played the Shooting guard position for the Cavs- and even started a handful of games there. I mean- the guy is even listed as a SG- and played there practically exclusively for the Cavs.

im just SOOO glad you can admit that your franchise has no chance of beating the Cavs--- so much so that without even a fight you lay down like a whipped dog.

HAve you seen any of my posts the last few months? If you think I AM CONCERNED about the Cavs window, I think you must not have been paying attention. The Cavs are stacked- and stacked with a great young roster that will only IMPROVE for the most part for the foreseeable future- besides Bron who is only 30 years and is, and still will be- the very best player in the league- and the guy you want on your side once the playoffs start more than any other.

I am just glad you can see that the Heat are not a threat to the Cavs and have no problem admitting it. No one is beating the Cavs in the East for the foreseeable future. You know that. I know that. Vegas knows that. Anyone that watches basketball knows that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was drafting a team today from the entire East to play going forward I think my draft board would look like:

1. Bron (easily)
2. Paul George
3. John Wall
4. Kevin Love
5. Jimmy Butler
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Andre Drummond
8. A. Horford
9. Giannis A.
10. Jabari Parker
11. Carmelo Anthony
12. Bradley Beale
13. C. Bosh
14. D. Rose
15. N. Vucevic
16. G. Dragic
17. D. Wade
18. K. Lowry
19. G. Monroe
20. J. Okafor
21. J. Valunciunas
22. H. Whiteside
23. K. Middleton
24. V. Oladipo
25. R. Jackson

just basically a quick list....the fact that the Cavs have Irving, Love, LeBron all committed bodes extremely well for their future. I mean- you know this. You know that Griffin would laugh Riley off the phone if he offered Bosh and Wade for Irving and Love. You know Kidd and the rest of Milwaukee's management team would never in a million years give up Parker and Giannis for guys well passed their primes- no matter their former accomplishments.

I think George and Wall would be a fairly consensus #2 and #3 in the East value wise....but i dunno...id be interested in seeing other non-lemming opinions.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually really like McAllum too. I thought coming out of college he would end up being a solid PG- and really he has not gotten much of an opportunity yet. I think he could become one of the best backup PGs in the league.....nice cheap signing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Miller played the Shooting guard position for the Cavs- and even started a handful of games there. I mean- the guy is even listed as a SG- and played there practically exclusively for the Cavs.

im just SOOO glad you can admit that your franchise has no chance of beating the Cavs--- so much so that without even a fight you lay down like a whipped dog.

HAve you seen any of my posts the last few months? If you think I AM CONCERNED about the Cavs window, I think you must not have been paying attention. The Cavs are stacked- and stacked with a great young roster that will only IMPROVE for the most part for the foreseeable future- besides Bron who is only 30 years and is, and still will be- the very best player in the league- and the guy you want on your side once the playoffs start more than any other.

I am just glad you can see that the Heat are not a threat to the Cavs and have no problem admitting it. No one is beating the Cavs in the East for the foreseeable future. You know that. I know that. Vegas knows that. Anyone that watches basketball knows that.

You're getting way ahead of yourself. Cavs ring count is what? James is 0-8 there, so maybe slow it down until you maybe get to the magical number of 1?
How about getting 2 of your Big 3 to the finish line healthy?
Watch what happens when James father time starts catching up to LeBron.

A healthy Heat team would be a THREAT to anyone.
Threat doesn't mean would beat anyone.
It's July. I'll give you a better estimate of what I feel our chances are in April.

And who gives a flying fuck about your opinion about length of window?
I'll put it right up there with your 70 win season prediction.

I'm not going to rehash the reasons as why your window shrink every year, you're just not smart enough or ever will be to grasp it.

What you will see as times goes by in more and more regular season complacency with the hopes the team can find a way to win 16 in the playoffs.
We've lived it. Watch and see.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care if Miller lined up at center.
Whenever he was on the court he stood behind the 3 point line like he always did/has.
Only thing that changed is that he has gotten much worse/slower.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it hard to get through the day with so many mental handicaps?

i dont care if Miller played Center when he was 22....not for one minute did he play SF last year.

and Jones played the 4 since- HE CANT GUARD SMALL FORWARDS - so he played as a stretch 4

for you to say the Cavs have 4 smal lforwards is beyond stupid.

cannot wait until this season gets started- and for - hopefully if the Heat dont shit themselves again- the anticipated Cavs/Heat playoff massacre that we will get if we are lucky.

Check the official depth chart & get back to me

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more and more I read about it- the more and more I like the Hibbert pick up for the Lakers. He has said he is focusing solely on defense and leaving the scoring to the likes or Kobe, Russell, Randle, Williams etc....

And we have seen all over the place that their are a lot of star power forwards in the NBA that are known more for their offense and rebounding for their defense- and ALL those guys want to play with a center who can protect them- its almost like a prerequisite to have a big defensive minded shot blocking center if you have hopes of acquiring one- and Hibbert gives you that in a big way.

If he works out decently well- and he wants to stay in LA- I think the Lakers should extend him if they could get him for like 10-12M a year- which seems the going rate for just a solid NBA big man. 3 years 35 would not be bad at all- maybe even less than that if you could get him to take it...Especially if Scott is the coach since Hibbert fits in his plodding style pretty well and old-school offensive system well......

Man...Lakers do need some 3 pt shooting badly though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Players Awards were a couple nights ago.

LeBron won "Player you secretly want on your team" award. I dont think that is much of a "secret"! lol.

Harden won the MVP voted on by players. I dunno- i just think its interesting to see the players perspective on a lot of that stuff since I think in a lot of ways they know more than the media does and understand roles and degree of difficulty, etc.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check the official depth chart & get back to me

He's an idiot.

James plays mostly PG when he's on the court.
What's he listed as Wiggy?

Both Jones and Miller can't defend anybody, but they will almost always, if not always, be matched up against the opponents SF.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Players Awards were a couple nights ago.

LeBron won "Player you secretly want on your team" award. I dont think that is much of a "secret"! lol.

Harden won the MVP voted on by players. I dunno- i just think its interesting to see the players perspective on a lot of that stuff since I think in a lot of ways they know more than the media does and understand roles and degree of difficulty, etc.

With players voting, it also can be more of a popularity contest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With players voting, it also can be more of a popularity contest.
i thought you said LeBron had no friendsi n the league besides Dwade and Chris Paul?

i mean- you also said LeBron was never ever coming back to Cleveland too...sooooo..................................................................................................................................

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we had Wade, Lebron, and Bosh all in their 20's at one point. We thought that window was going to be open for 7-8 years at least. Let Wiggy have his fun, thinking one thing, and it actually being true are two completely different things. One thing I know for a fact, the Cavs still don't have a title. Miami has three.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we had Wade, Lebron, and Bosh all in their 20's at one point. We thought that window was going to be open for 7-8 years at least. Let Wiggy have his fun, thinking one thing, and it actually being true are two completely different things. One thing I know for a fact, the Cavs still don't have a title. Miami has three.

Yeah, late 20's. All the core guys are under 26 besides Lebron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought you said LeBron had no friendsi n the league besides Dwade and Chris Paul?

i mean- you also said LeBron was never ever coming back to Cleveland too...sooooo..................................................................................................................................

Everyone here also says your a moron, and thanks for the reinforcement.

James HIMSELF said he had 3 TRUE FRIENDS in the league.

“People get so infatuated with the best of friends, things of that nature,” James said. “First of all, I’ve got three very good friends in this league, and that’s Carmelo (Anthony), and that’s C.P. (Chris Paul), and that’s D-Wade. And after that I have a bunch of teammates. I have guys I ride for every day."

The players, as a whole, are friendly.
That's why anyone who thinks they 'don't talk' about business, who wants to play with who, has to be a moron.

And, I never said he wouldn't go back to the Cavs.
I said he would never play for Gilbert.
I never in my wildest dreams thought Gilbert would hand him or any player the keys to run his franchise.
If someone would have told me that Gilbert would offer him the power he did, I would have easily said that James would take it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, late 20's. All the core guys are under 26 besides Lebron.

Kyrie's age means ZERO with his injury situation.
How old is/was Greg Oden and a long list of others when they fell apart?

If Love gets injured AGAIN this season, I'll have to add him to the same category.