• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

When the playoffs start, if he's taking off his warmups it means the game is a blowout or the Cavs have injuries.

Not saying it's a bad signing because the minimum is the minimum, but I'd put it in the category of ring chasing vs any type of difference maker.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that he's a difference maker. But there's a helluva lot worse to spend the vet min. on than Jefferson.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,640.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings are in serious discussion with Seth Curry about signing him after his impressive summer league showing.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,640.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need a 3rd string PG....Pablo Prigioni isn't a bad player to consider.

He's a poor man's JJ Barea.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings are in serious discussion with Seth Curry about signing him after his impressive summer league showing.

He's worthy of making a roster somewhere and I know he wants an NBA job...but...run away Seth! Run away as fast as you can. Surely some other team not named the Kings will have you

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a fan of him in SA regardless of his shooting ability. He was just never that good and ended up not being worth the guys he was sent there for. I guess we can agree to disagree though.

Difference is SA paid him more and expected more. He is isnt expected to do much for the Cavs, just provide depth

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson doesn't hurt the Cavs at all, especially for the minimum. As trojan mentioned earlier, if he doesn't play much during the regular season, then *maybe* you can save him for the playoffs. Problem is, I just don't see him being part of the 8-10 man rotation come playoff time. If he was pedestrian as a bench player the last couple of years, I don't see that changing much or him getting miraculously better.

True, with some injury problems he could play more if a player happens to go down also

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 SF's on the Cavs roster now.

Why??

Miller is a ring chaser and had an option.
Jones actually could play if there are injuries, if not he wont play much.
Jefferson might actually get some minutes while on the bench.
Doesnt make sense, but 2 of these guys are basically just for filling the 15 man roster.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Seth Curry's game, but damn, the Kings. There had to be other organizations.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 SF's on the Cavs roster now.

Why??
the Cavs have 4 small forwards? I count Bron and Jefferson- and actually am still a little worried about the SF depth- i was hoping theyd move the haywood contract for a solid one- but it looks like they are just going to roll it into a trade exception at this point....(the right circumstances did not really occur to use it this summer for a variety of reasons)-

I bet Smith gets signed within the next couple days at something like 1 year 6 million- or 2 years 12-14 million with the 2nd year being a club option.....

As for Delly and Tristan- with their restricted status the Cavs are in the drivers seat and are not forcing anything. The most a team could give Tristan is 4 years 70M and no team- Sixers, or Portland- are going to do that....and im not sure anyone wants to give Delly 4 million a year- or if he would leave for 4m a year when the Cavs are probably offering him 2.5-3.0 a year.

Jefferson is not anything close to a high impact player- thats obvious. But he can still shoot threes- and he will see plenty of open one's if and when he plays- and he can still get physical and play some D.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson is Shawn Marion 2.0
Both came from the offensive Dallas system trying to chase a ring with LBJ.

Jefferson might be a slightly better offensive player.
Marion is a slightly better defensive player.

Blatt has no desire to play either one, so why even bother.
You might as well use the roster spot on a 22 year player and hope to get lucky.

Blatt won't let him spend a single second on the floor in June.
Marion was actually hurt in the post season - not saying he would have played big minutes otherwise- but he would have got on the floor if he wasnt hurt. dont ask me how he got hurt never playing.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised Boozer is still out there. he definitely isnt what he used to be, but for a low contract, mid lvl, he is not a bad player to have.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is a ring chaser and had an option.
Jones actually could play if there are injuries, if not he wont play much.
Jefferson might actually get some minutes while on the bench.
Doesnt make sense, but 2 of these guys are basically just for filling the 15 man roster.
onlya guy that watched zERO minutes of the Cavs lasts eason would believe that jones or miller were SF- Jonesp layedth e 4 almost exclusively- and Miller played the 2 almost exclusively

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
onlya guy that watched zERO minutes of the Cavs lasts eason would believe that jones or miller were SF- Jonesp layedth e 4 almost exclusively- and Miller played the 2 almost exclusively

Yeah, they are interchangable but really dont play much anyway. Jones plays a lot more than Miller though. They still would need more depth at the 2 and 3 but you only need a guy to play less than 10 minutes a game behind Lebron and Jefferson can do just that. Shump and JR is good enough at the 2. That is probably their weakest position, but still not bad at all lol.

Kyrie/Mo/(Delly
Shump/JR
Lebron/Jefferson/Miller
Love/(TT)/Jones
Mozgov/Varajeo/(Kaun)

If it works out like that, the 2 has the least depth. So they could bring in Pointer, SF/SG, a really good, young defender or Harris. Or they can bring in Christmas at PF since Jones doesnt play much. If they dont bring in Kaun, then 2 of those guys will come in the 15-man.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they are interchangable but really dont play much anyway. Jones plays a lot more than Miller though. They still would need more depth at the 2 and 3 but you only need a guy to play less than 10 minutes a game behind Lebron and Jefferson can do just that. Shump and JR is good enough at the 2. That is probably their weakest position, but still not bad at all lol.

Kyrie/Mo/(Delly
Shump/JR
Lebron/Jefferson/Miller
Love/(TT)/Jones
Mozgov/Varajeo/(Kaun)

If it works out like that, the 2 has the least depth. So they could bring in Pointer, SF/SG, a really good, young defender or Harris. Or they can bring in Christmas at PF since Jones doesnt play much. If they dont bring in Kaun, then 2 of those guys will come in the 15-man.

yah I think that will be the roster- with only Kaun and Delly as the real question marks- Thompson is going to be back whether on a long term deal, qualifying offer- or matching a contract- doesnt really matter---- If Delly gets a 3 year 12-15M dollar deal the Cavs really might not match and could just let him go after getting Mo- and then of course who knows with Kaun- though I have heard he is a very very good defensive center.

If anything- at times Shumpert played the 3 off the bench if Miller was ever in and playing the 2- and Jones played the 4 a bunch.

This is a very very good Cavs roster- and after the experience of the past year- Blatt getting experience etc...This Cavs season is going to be one to remember I have a feeling.

This year? This payroll? This roster? after being together for a year? they GOTTA get it done and bring the title to Cleveland. It is GOING to happen this year. The Cavs arent going to be missing a ton of guys like Love, Kyrie and Varejao next year- while Shumpert is playing with a bum shoulder where he can barely lift his arm over his head.....

and pretty happy JR should be back o nsuch a small deal. All that speculation by the lemmings that Gilbert would be forced to pay him a ton...lol....Smith is going to get like 1 year 6 or MAYBE 2 years 12....i highly doubt it will be much more than that..