• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavaliers will be his fifth team in the past five seasons. Cleveland, though, is bound to find some opportunities for Jefferson, who has registered better than 40 percent marksmanship from 3-point range in four of the last five seasons, including a success rate of 42.6 percent in 2014-15 with Dallas.

nice signing by the Cavs. nothing special- but gives them some wing depth- and a guy that can space the court and shoot the 3 while playing a little defense at the 3....

it looks like Jr Smith is going to be back as well......Thompson SHOULD be....

that only really leaves the question of whether Delly will be back.

1. LBJ
2. Love
3. Kyrie
4. Thompson
5. Shumpert
6. Mozgov
7. Andy
8. Mo
9. M. Miller
10. JJones
11. Joe Harris
12. Richard Jefferson
13. JR Smith (probably)
14. Delly (maybe)
15. I think the 15th spot is still open- maybe sasha kaun- maybe one of the drafted guys- or maybe someone taking the rest of the midlevel the cavs have left after signing Mo (like 1.5 M)

Ill take that roster in a playoff series against anyteam around.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavaliers will be his fifth team in the past five seasons. Cleveland, though, is bound to find some opportunities for Jefferson, who has registered better than 40 percent marksmanship from 3-point range in four of the last five seasons, including a success rate of 42.6 percent in 2014-15 with Dallas.

nice signing by the Cavs. nothing special- but gives them some wing depth- and a guy that can space the court and shoot the 3 while playing a little defense at the 3....

1. LBJ
2. Love
3. Kyrie
4. Thompson
5. Shumpert
6. Mozgov
7. Andy
8. Mo
9. M. Miller
10. JJones
11. Joe Harris
12. Richard Jefferson
13. JR Smith (probably)
14. Delly (maybe)
15. I think the 15th spot is still open- maybe sasha kaun- maybe one of the drafted guys- or maybe someone taking the rest of the midlevel the cavs have left after signing Mo (like 1.5 M)

don't kid yourself. Unless he's gotten better since he left SA, he's garbage. Not very good defensively and was the streakiest shooter i've ever seen. Worst move made by SA in years to get him.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't kid yourself. Unless he's gotten better since he left SA, he's garbage. Not very good defensively and was the streakiest shooter i've ever seen. Worst move made by SA in years to get him.
:bored2: Well that won't be the Cavs' only problem. We'll see how much production they will get from the 2nd and 3rd slots on his list. Especially that 3rd spot. He refuses to admit Kyrie is injury prone...even when he has yet to play an entire season in his NBA career.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bored2: Well that won't be the Cavs' only problem. We'll see how much production they will get from the 2nd and 3rd slots on his list. Especially that 3rd spot. He refuses to admit Kyrie is injury prone...even when he has yet to play an entire season in his NBA career.
Some people you just have to let talk because there's no way you're gonna persuade them that they're wrong. In sports, we call them homers. Stay away from homers!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people you just have to let talk because there's no way you're gonna persuade them that they're wrong. In sports, we call them homers. Stay away from homers!
:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember when you guys gave him all that money..like 3 years 39 was kinda big stuff at the time- especially for hte spurs....he never worked out there really- and that was in his prime

obviously the Cavs are counting on him to be that type of guy...they just need him to hit open 3's (which he has done well the last 5 years)- and play a little defense...

obviously not a deal changing maneuver but without a doubt a nice vet min. signing

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. LBJ
2. Love
3. Kyrie
4. Thompson
5. Shumpert
6. Mozgov
7. Andy
8. Mo
9. M. Miller
10. JJones
11. Joe Harris
12. Richard Jefferson
13. JR Smith (probably)
14. Delly (maybe)

The 15th spot will most likely be Kaun. I have heard he wants to play for the Cavs...finally.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His 1st year in SA was one of his worst shooting years of his career, from 3. His 2nd year he shot 44% while averaging 4 attempts that's very good. The 3rd year he played for them half the year and shot 42% behind the arc. Other than that flukey 1st year he was a very good shooter. He is much older now he wont provide much of anything or wont get many minutes he is still a very good shooter. He is esentially another James Jones except a better defender and more physical. Regardless, I dont see him playing a whole lot anyway.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaun, Pointer, or Christmas will be battling over the last spot. Could be two spots if Delly doesnt come back.

For the two spots I would like Delly back and Christmas for the last spot

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 1st year in SA was one of his worst shooting years of his career, from 3. His 2nd year he shot 44% while averaging 4 attempts that's very good. The 3rd year he played for them half the year and shot 42% behind the arc. Other than that flukey 1st year he was a very good shooter. He is much older now he wont provide much of anything or wont get many minutes he is still a very good shooter. He is esentially another James Jones except a better defender and more physical. Regardless, I dont see him playing a whole lot anyway.

Jefferson at the vet min. is a very good pickup for the Cavs, imo. He's a consummate professional who knows what it takes to win rings and will stay in his lane. He's not going to be a difference maker in whether or not the Cavs win a title this year, but he definitely won't hurt their chances.

He will be a guy that can provide a few quality minutes from game to game and can be counted on to keep his head and not make the type of bonehead plays in critical moments that we saw from guys like JR this past playoffs.

In fact, to kind of backpedal a little from part of my opening statement, if the Cavs get to the playoffs with Jefferson rested, he actually could help them win.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a fan of him in SA regardless of his shooting ability. He was just never that good and ended up not being worth the guys he was sent there for. I guess we can agree to disagree though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson at the vet min. is a very good pickup for the Cavs, imo. He's a consummate professional who knows what it takes to win rings and will stay in his lane. He's not going to be a difference maker in whether or not the Cavs win a title this year, but he definitely won't hurt their chances.

He will be a guy that can provide a few quality minutes from game to game and can be counted on to keep his head and not make the type of bonehead plays in critical moments that we saw from guys like JR this past playoffs.

In fact, to kind of backpedal a little from part of my opening statement, if the Cavs get to the playoffs with Jefferson rested, he actually could help them win.
Eh, don't they already have a bench full of warm bodies that their coach refused to use in the Finals?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, don't they already have a bench full of warm bodies that their coach refused to use in the Finals?

True. In order for him to help or hurt at all, Blatt would have to actually play him. Whether or not he actually will, is anyone's guess. :lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson doesn't hurt the Cavs at all, especially for the minimum. As trojan mentioned earlier, if he doesn't play much during the regular season, then *maybe* you can save him for the playoffs. Problem is, I just don't see him being part of the 8-10 man rotation come playoff time. If he was pedestrian as a bench player the last couple of years, I don't see that changing much or him getting miraculously better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously he isnt the same type of player and a better shooter but I compare him to what Barbosa is to GS. In the long run will provide depth

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson is Shawn Marion 2.0
Both came from the offensive Dallas system trying to chase a ring with LBJ.

Jefferson might be a slightly better offensive player.
Marion is a slightly better defensive player.

Blatt has no desire to play either one, so why even bother.
You might as well use the roster spot on a 22 year player and hope to get lucky.

Blatt won't let him spend a single second on the floor in June.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq and Pippen going at it?

Shaq needs to be drug tested. By 50? That's redunkulous.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Jefferson to the Cavs for the vet minimum....nice end of the bench signing....

Why?

When the playoffs start, if he's taking off his warmups it means the game is a blowout or the Cavs have injuries.

Not saying it's a bad signing because the minimum is the minimum, but I'd put it in the category of ring chasing vs any type of difference maker.