• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawson
Harden
Ariza
Jones
Howard

Beverly
Terry
Brewer/Dekker
Harrell
Motiejunas/Capela

They are as good as anyone in the West. That's scary if Lawson can get his act together.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was essentially available for FREE.
Nobody wanted to trade for him. I am surprised the Rockets gave as much as they did even low value stuff.
Denver should be happy and dancing in the streets they got anything at all, yet alone a first round pick.

He is a decent player. He can certainly make a diffrence towards a title.
But, he hits the cap for 13 million/year until 2017 while currently in a rehab center.

Most of the time these types of reclamation deals are low risk/high reward type deals.
Houston went for the High Risk/High Reward instead.

I guess we will have to wait and see how it unfolds.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wanted to trade for him. I am surprised the Rockets gave as much as they did even low value stuff.
Denver should be happy and dancing in the streets they got anything at all, yet alone a first round pick.

But, he hits the cap for 13 million/year until 2017 while currently in a rehab center.

Most of the time these types of reclamation deals are low risk/high reward type deals.

IMO that is the case of the Denver GM wanting to pad his resume at the expense of his team.

He likely could have gotten 2 2nd round picks from a bad team like LA or Sacramento. But he wanted to get the 1st round pick attacked to this deal for future reference to make it seem like he did a good job.

Fact is the Houston 1st round pick is very, very likely to fall at the very end of the 1st round. So it isn't much different that an LA or Sac 2nd round pick. So either of those teams offering 2 2nds really was a better offer. But he took the 1st round pick because it sounds a whole lot better that it really is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps I'm not understanding your definition of high risk/high reward. If you mean it as he's not on an expiring contract, so Houston is stuck with him and his cap hit if he can't put his issues behind him, then I agree.

When it was reported that the Lakers had interest, I was kind of on the fence about him. When his heads on straight, he's one of the better PG's in the league and could have been helpful in the development of DeAngelo Russell. But the fact that he's not on an expiring contract was a concern.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawson was more than a decent player. 15 and 10 last year and Denver was a shit team. Looks like this is a blessing for Lawson he just needs to keep his act together. This creates a lot of depth for Houston and many options at the 1 and 2. Lawson is an explosive player that can go off for 20 and 10. We will see how he fits in with Houston, but their offense is hands down the best in the league right now on paper.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I'm not understanding your definition of high risk/high reward. If you mean it as he's not on an expiring contract, so Houston is stuck with him and his cap hit if he can't put his issues behind him, then I agree.

He currently has two years left on his deal at 13 million.
They gave up a first rounder, no matter how much its devalued by being projected to be low.
He is currently sitting in a REHAB center after two freaking DUIs in 6 months.

That is pretty high risk IMO.

Alcoholism is no joke and can easily spiral into a Vin Baker trainwreck.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cap rising quite a bit next year this doesnt affect Houston as much as people think from that aspect.
As far as giving up too much, it doesnt affect them much either. Giving up a late 1st round pick, even if that pick does turn out to be a good player it takes usually 3-4 years for the player to develop and Houston is in a "win now" sort of mentality like a handful of other teams. If Lawson doesnt work out, yes they will take a cap hit but as far as the team they have the depth to withstand this: Beverly, Terry, Harden.
This was a great deal for Houston, especially if he gets his acts together before the start of the season. The last option could be using him as a good bench player and backup PG in the playoffs. Definitely worth the risk.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like the Cavs are filling 2 roster spots

James Jones is coming back to be a bench mentor- and spot player. Veteran Minimum dollars. Good signing. He helped in a few playoff games- especially against Chicago. For the league min. he is a good guy to have at the end of the bench

Sasha Kaun- looks like Kaun will be the 5th big man- Russian- supposedly started ahead of Mozgov at times on the Russian Team- supposedly a good defender. Cavs drafte him in 08 and he never came over- looks like he wants to come over now.

Jones deal is done- Kaun isnt but probably will be. Joe Harris will likely have one of the bench spots again on the Cavs.
The roster is starting to get full....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrested in College for underage drinking, and DWI
Arrested in Missouri for DUI, expunged
Arrested and suspended in Denver for DUI
Arrested and court ordered into rehab for DUI

That is a very disturbing pattern.
I know he put up great number, but jeez that is a horrible pattern.
I don't know how anyone see this as less than a tremendous risk.

But, in full disclosure, I have probably a lesser tolerance for DUI and DWI crimes for personal reasons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrested in College for underage drinking, and DWI
Arrested in Missouri for DUI, expunged
Arrested and suspended in Denver for DUI
Arrested and court ordered into rehab for DUI

That is a very disturbing pattern.
I know he put up great number, but jeez that is a horrible pattern.
I don't know how anyone see this as less than a tremendous risk.

But, in full disclosure, I have probably a lesser tolerance for DUI and DWI crimes for personal reasons.
maybe the Rockets get him better than ever now that the issue has reached a tipping (no pun intended) point.

big picture- a guy of his talents ona 2 year 26M dollar deal under the new CBA with its cap implications is not bad- especially considering how after Al Horford and Durant- next years free agency is not good AT ALL- and a ton of money will be chasing around a bunch of slightly above average players.

Im telling you- next year- Iman Shumpert getting 10M, Lawson being on the bench for 13M- etc. will NOT look that bad.....

There is SOOO much money to be thrown around next year- and only Durant and Horford are legitimately great players to throw it at.....

teams like the Spurs and Cavs who got their business done this offseason are going to be patting themselves on the back at this time next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for fun- some oft he 2016freeagents

1. Durant
2. Horford
3. Wade
4. Kobe
5. NOah
6. Al Jeff
7. Hibbert
8. E. Gordon
9. Dlee.
10. N. Batum
11. Whiteside
12. Gallinari
13. Deng
14. rondo
15. Jeff green
16> Ryan Anderson

just to name a few of the best ones.....with just about every team having room to give out a max contract or two...imagine the overpays...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Lawson as a cancer. In fact, I think he could be a leader on a basketball team. His issue is his personal life. He has 2 DUIs. If he were going to a team with leadership and maturity, I don't think his personal life would be a big deal. However, the rockets are lacking in leadership and maturity. Howard ain't going to help him and I doubt harden does either. I think it could rear its ugly head during the season. If he can clean up his act, I think he could play well for the rockets. However, I don't expect him to post 15/10 like numbers he had in Denver.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy that all the West contenders got better for the most part -- besides the Warriors who are extremely deep and get their own improvements through players developing and entering their primes (like Klay, Draymond, Barnes etc.)

The West has 5 legit teams that could win the title in

1. OKC
2. SAS
3. GSW
4. LAC
5. HOU

Those are 5 damn good teams right there.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord, sometimes I wish the Spurs were in the East so they'd have it easy for one postseason, lol. Western Conference is already ridiculous. Now, it just ain't fair.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone is paying attention but Shaq and Pippen are going at it on Instagram

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what started it

Pippen responded with this

Shaq clearly took offense to that pippen post and responded with these 2 gems

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that you guys can't see the caption but basically Shaq said that lakers team would beat that Bulls team by 50

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Lakers team is ridiculous lol