• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely no starter, but Johnson is a decent backup as well for 15-18mpg or so.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to be a lot better defensively. For stretches, PP can still defend also.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I get it that certain posters on here hate the Clippers but you have to he really stupid and have a low basketball IQ to not realize they really improved the bench

I'm a Lakers fan and know they improved their team!!!! :pound:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Lakers fan and know they improved their team!!!! :pound:

Well you're a realist. There are certain posters who hate the Clippers with a passion like Horns and Hambombs who will never admit that they improved their team.

IMO there are 4 championship contenders in the west. The Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, & Clippers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're a realist. There are certain posters who hate the Clippers with a passion like Horns and Hambombs who will never admit that they improved their team.

IMO there are 4 championship contenders in the west. The Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, & Clippers

On paper, there's no doubt that the Clips improved their team. Pretty amazing what they have done considering how bad things looked for them before Jordan flip flopped.

However, Smith and Stephenson are pretty combustible and word was that Jordan was looking to leave because CP3 hurt his feelings. If any or all of those 3 take exception to CP3 getting in their grill, the Clips could have a pretty spectacular meltdown.

Either way it goes, they should be fun to watch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @Stephen A. calling the Knicks and Lakers the biggest losers in FA. The Lakers weren't exactly winners in FA, but they recovered nicely.

The Knicks did nothing. Also, while it's not their fault, what happened to the Mavs puts them on that list, imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, there's no doubt that the Clips improved their team. Pretty amazing what they have done considering how bad things looked for them before Jordan flip flopped.

However, Smith and Stephenson are pretty combustible and word was that Jordan was looking to leave because CP3 hurt his feelings. If any or all of those 3 take exception to CP3 getting in their grill, the Clips could have a pretty spectacular meltdown.

Either way it goes, they should be fun to watch.

I think they will be fine. You have to remember DeAndre is a 10 year old boy in a 26 year old man body. He's the only teammate that I remember having such issue with CP3 in New Orleans or LA

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will be fine. You have to remember DeAndre is a 10 year old boy in a 26 year old man body. He's the only teammate that I remember having such issue with CP3 in New Orleans or LA

We'll see. Like I said, they'll be fun to watch either way. Personally, I'm hoping for the meltdown. Not because I hate them, I've really never paid much attention to them.

But if they start melting down, that'll probably get my attention. :lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Like I said, they'll be fun to watch either way. Personally, I'm hoping for the meltdown. Not because I hate them, I've really never paid much attention to them.

But if they start melting down, that'll probably get my attention. :lol:

Based on the last 2 seasons, a meltdown/collapse is likely to occur in a critical game of the 2nd round.

Think about it if they avoided that ridiculous collapse in 2014 game 5 vs OKC and last season game 6 against Houston, they probably make the WCF in both seasons

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the last 2 seasons, a meltdown/collapse is likely to occur in a critical game of the 2nd round.

Think about it if they avoided that ridiculous collapse in 2014 game 5 vs OKC and last season game 6 against Houston, they probably make the WCF in both seasons

True.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's

1-SA
2-LAC
3-OKC
4-GS (they had a lot go there way this past season)
5-Houston

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's

1-SA
2-LAC
3-OKC
4-GS (they had a lot go there way this past season)
5-Houston

I can see the regular season standings playing out that way but I think once the playoffs start ( as long as KD and RW are healthy) my top 2 to come out the west will be SA and OKC

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @Stephen A. calling the Knicks and Lakers the biggest losers in FA. The Lakers weren't exactly winners in FA, but they recovered nicely.

The Knicks did nothing. Also, while it's not their fault, what happened to the Mavs puts them on that list, imo.

Both recovered nicely imo. And the Knicks added Afflalo, a shooter and solid defender. He's also a pretty good passer for a SG. He should be able to put up 15-16ppg easily, along with 5rpg and maybe 5apg.

They brought in Robin Lopez (albeit slightly over-paid) and he improves their post defense and provides some rebounding and 10-12ppg.

They brought in a decent backup in Kyle O'Quinn. He is just 25 and his playing time was pretty inconsistent in Orlando with the other big men they have.

Derrick Williams averaged 8.3ppg last season and I think he could easily replicate that on the Knicks as a combo SF/PF for 20mpg.

G-Calderon
G-Afflalo
F-Melo
F-Porzingis
C-Lopez

Bench

G-Grant
G-Galloway
G-Ledo
F-Early
F-Williams
C-O'Quinn

That's their roster right now and while it's not that great.....they still have a little money to go out and get a few bench players to improve their depth. Maybe a veteran PG to back up Calderon and be insurance in case he gets hurt. Norris Cole? And maybe a backup PF, Boozer maybe?

The starting lineup isn't that shabby either, it's pretty decent if you ask me.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying NY had a great offseason at all but they recovered nicely and have a a pretty solid starting lineup imo. They have a superstar in Melo (27-28ppg), and a some good supporting players in Calderon (10ppg and 7apg), Afflalo (15-16ppg) and Lopez (10-12ppg) with a promising youngster in Porzingis.

On the other hand, a team like Philly had an awful offseason.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying NY had a great offseason at all but they recovered nicely and have a a pretty solid starting lineup imo. They have a superstar in Melo (27-28ppg), and a some good supporting players in Calderon (10ppg and 7apg), Afflalo (15-16ppg) and Lopez (10-12ppg) with a promising youngster in Porzingis.

On the other hand, a team like Philly had an awful offseason.

Yeah, I just found it funny that while neither team exactly "won" in the off-season, there are teams that had worse off-seasons, but Stephen A. somehow thinks they had the worst off-seasons. He based it all on "they didn't land any big names." He doesn't take into consideration that top FA's are looking for a roster they can win with and neither team really has that.

Anyone going to the Knicks was looking at playing alongside 'Melo and that's about all they'd have had. Might have got them a 7 or 8 seed, but only because of how bad the East is. The Lakers don't have any proven players and the West is so ridiculously deep, 50 wins may not be enough to make the playoffs.

Like I said, not their fault, but the Mavs off-season has been a disaster. They went from DeAndre Jordan to looking at Javale McGee. That's about as bad as it gets. Then, as you point out, there's Philly headed for another tank season.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just found it funny that while neither team exactly "won" in the off-season, there are teams that had worse off-seasons, but Stephen A. somehow thinks they had the worst off-seasons. He based it all on "they didn't land any big names." He doesn't take into consideration that top FA's are looking for a roster they can win with and neither team really has that.

Anyone going to the Knicks was looking at playing alongside 'Melo and that's about all they'd have had. Might have got them a 7 or 8 seed, but only because of how bad the East is. The Lakers don't have any proven players and the West is so ridiculously deep, 50 wins may not be enough to make the playoffs.

Like I said, not their fault, but the Mavs off-season has been a disaster. They went from DeAndre Jordan to looking at Javale McGee. That's about as bad as it gets. Then, as you point out, there's Philly headed for another tank season.

I agree. And I think the players NY got could fit perfectly in with Melo and they could be a borderline playoff team (if they sign a few more vets for the bench and they remain injury free). It's the East after all, Boston made the postseason for crying out loud.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I got my grocery shopping done early.....now it's laundry time.
This just in for NBA news. DJ of the sportshoopla board is doing his laundry. This reporter can only speculate as to whether he will do his whites or darks first. However, he could go to a laundromat and do both at the same time. I believe he will do whites first. This could have serious ramifications on the NBA Free Agency. When asked if this could affect his decision, Tristan Thompson said "If DJ can get the [racing stripes] out of his underwear, then I would seriously consider going to LA." More on this as it develops...