• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised Boozer is still out there. he definitely isnt what he used to be, but for a low contract, mid lvl, he is not a bad player to have.

Based on what he showed with the Lakers, I could see him as a solid guy off the bench for 15 or so minutes per game on a playoff/contender level team. Especially a younger team like the Pelicans or Wizards.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what he showed with the Lakers, I could see him as a solid guy off the bench for 15 or so minutes per game on a playoff/contender level team. Especially a younger team like the Pelicans or Wizards.
i think the Wiz would be a good fit- nice call.

I actually think the Raptors should get him and he would be the best fit there since they need a PF that can shoot - even if it is for only 20 minutes or less a game. I bet Boozer would do really well there.

That David West thing is too crazy- Spurs get him for like 1.2 or whatever.....I know the Cavs were the other team in on it- but just didnt have the right role. West should be great combinging with Diaw to be SAS's bench bigs.

I dont know why- but i just feel like SAS wont get through 3 rounds to get to the Finals. I mean- no doubt they can- any of those 4 west teams could- but i think it will be OKC or the Clippers to be honest - but of course it all comes down to matchups--- I think OKC could handle GSW or SAS- but SAS could beat GSW- while GSW could beat the Clips- i think the Clips with their front court and PG might be the only team that can beat the Thunder (if the Thunder are healthy)- and that doesnt even bring into consideration Houston which could be darn good depending on the matchup.......

To me, the most complete teams in the West, with the best players in their primes that have both the front courts and back courts to get it done are the Thunder and Clips. We shall see how it goes.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Wiz would be a good fit- nice call.

I actually think the Raptors should get him and he would be the best fit there since they need a PF that can shoot - even if it is for only 20 minutes or less a game. I bet Boozer would do really well there.

That David West thing is too crazy- Spurs get him for like 1.2 or whatever.....I know the Cavs were the other team in on it- but just didnt have the right role. West should be great combinging with Diaw to be SAS's bench bigs.

I dont know why- but i just feel like SAS wont get through 3 rounds to get to the Finals. I mean- no doubt they can- any of those 4 west teams could- but i think it will be OKC or the Clippers to be honest - but of course it all comes down to matchups--- I think OKC could handle GSW or SAS- but SAS could beat GSW- while GSW could beat the Clips- i think the Clips with their front court and PG might be the only team that can beat the Thunder (if the Thunder are healthy)- and that doesnt even bring into consideration Houston which could be darn good depending on the matchup.......

To me, the most complete teams in the West, with the best players in their primes that have both the front courts and back courts to get it done are the Thunder and Clips. We shall see how it goes.
Gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on the fact that year in and year out, people have doubted the Spurs and their ability to get it done in the Postseason and 5 times they've proved everyone wrong. They won with an old roster in 2014 and this roster, I'm pretty sure is younger than that one. I have no worries about them, and believe they do have the possibility of beating any team in the West in a 7-game series, as long as they have Home Court. Which I mean...it's very likely they will.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on the fact that year in and year out, people have doubted the Spurs and their ability to get it done in the Postseason and 5 times they've proved everyone wrong. They won with an old roster in 2014 and this roster, I'm pretty sure is younger than that one. I have no worries about them, and believe they do have the possibility of beating any team in the West in a 7-game series, as long as they have Home Court. Which I mean...it's very likely they will.
I mean- I definitely think the Spurs are extremely legitmate title contenders along with GSW, OKC, LAC- and to a certain extent HOU, but at some point Duncan is going to decline, Manu has declined, and Parker is not as fast as he used to be- and he really relied on his speed
Now- are guys like Leonard, Aldridge, Green good enough to take over the lead playing roles? We shall see. I think they probably are- but by Pop's own admission- you would have liked to have seen Leonard more aggressive last year

and really man- its just splitting hairs, the Spurs have a great chance- I am just saying if I had to pick a team to come out of the West right now it would be OKC- quite simply because they have Durant and RW- of the probably top 5 or 6 players in the entire league- and they finally have a legit front court with bigs that can play D - Adams or Ibaka- or score - Kanter. I am a HUUUGE Russell Westbrook fan though so that obviously migth cloud my judgment.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- I definitely think the Spurs are extremely legitmate title contenders along with GSW, OKC, LAC- and to a certain extent HOU, but at some point Duncan is going to decline, Manu has declined, and Parker is not as fast as he used to be- and he really relied on his speed
Now- are guys like Leonard, Aldridge, Green good enough to take over the lead playing roles? We shall see. I think they probably are- but by Pop's own admission- you would have liked to have seen Leonard more aggressive last year

and really man- its just splitting hairs, the Spurs have a great chance- I am just saying if I had to pick a team to come out of the West right now it would be OKC- quite simply because they have Durant and RW- of the probably top 5 or 6 players in the entire league- and they finally have a legit front court with bigs that can play D - Adams or Ibaka- or score - Kanter. I am a HUUUGE Russell Westbrook fan though so that obviously migth cloud my judgment.
Eh, that's fair. Duncan is going to decline, but honestly how long have we been saying that? He had one bad season in like 2011 or something and has been money ever since then. Manu should have retired, but playing with Aldridge..can't blame him for staying. Parker's main issue is his health. If he is 100% healthy, then the team goes as he goes. Which means bad things for the rest of the league because when he is going, the entire team starts lighting it up. I'm not too worried about him or the others, honestly. They've always found a way to get it done. Green has stepped up big time when needed, as has Leonard. Nowhere near worried about Aldridge, we know what he can do lol. I guess we'll just have to see. It's fun to speculate, but the best part is watching it all unfold.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I finally quit writing off the Spurs about 2 or 3 write offs ago.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why more teams didnt go after Seth Curry. I know it was in Summer League, but shooting runs in the family. I wouldnt of minded if Curry came off the bench for the Cavs. Welcome to Sacramento, where all of hell will break loose.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt know Cleveland had Curry for one game back in 13-14. He played 9 mins and scored 3 points.
Maybe he found his stroke back, but I would have to say he is the worst shooter of the 3 in the family. Not a bad thing lol

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj and Marc Stein report that the Spurs have signed Jimmer Fredette to a Training Camp deal. If he makes the roster, Chip Engelland (the guy who helped Kawhi with his shooting) will be able to help him big time. He hasn't quite been very great since he got drafted, and the Spurs are the perfect fit for him! I would love to see him get quality minutes off the bench! Perfect guy to replace Belinelli. Hope they sign him.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmer Fredette, why not?

Those are the types of 12-15 man signings I like to see.

There is no risk and ever so slightly an upside that the Spurs can (Danny Green/Roger Mason/Gary Neal) him.

I hate when a team wastes those end of the bench spots on some 35+ year old journeyman free agent.
What is the point of wasting a deep roster spot on an old guy free agent.

Those spots aren't going to see much playing time, so its always better to waste them on younger players or project players.

Get either someone 27 or under...or get a foreign project player.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how anyone can put OKC at the top of the Western Conference without seeing any major adjustments to their existing roster. When I say major I mean adding a player that would give them a "Big 3" presence...or triple threat if you will. They've had this same roster that has only regressed since their appearance in the Finals in the 2011-12 season and loss of Harden that summer.

The only major change they've made is firing their coach, which they should've done that season they only won one game in the Finals. I'm sorry, I don't see it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how anyone can put OKC at the top of the Western Conference without seeing any major adjustments to their existing roster. When I say major I mean adding a player that would give them a "Big 3" presence...or triple threat if you will. They've had this same roster that has only regressed since their appearance in the Finals in the 2011-12 season and loss of Harden that summer.

The only major change they've made is firing their coach, which they should've done that season they only won one game in the Finals. I'm sorry, I don't see it.

This is not very true. Roster is totally different. Durant barely played any games since they made all the notable moves during the trade deadline. This is the best team they ever had

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
onlya guy that watched zERO minutes of the Cavs lasts eason would believe that jones or miller were SF- Jonesp layedth e 4 almost exclusively- and Miller played the 2 almost exclusively

Their natural positions is SF. Nobody with a brain who watched either player in their career would consider either a SG or PF. Cavs played them out of position because the bench was trash and they lacked depth

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their natural positions is SF. Nobody with a brain who watched either player in their career would consider either a SG or PF. Cavs played them out of position because the bench was trash and they lacked depth

This Cavs bench could get them in some trouble during the regular season.
Where's the youth, energy and D coming from over 82 games?
The old vets don't really care all that much about seeding.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate when a team wastes those end of the bench spots on some 35+ year old journeyman free agent.

Those spots aren't going to see much playing time, so its always better to waste them on younger players or project players.

Don't tell LeBron that, James Jones and Mike Miller might not have had a job last year!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Jimmer somehow avg between 7-9 PPG off the bench and shoot 47% from 3 or some shit lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are the types of 12-15 man signings I like to see.

There is no risk and ever so slightly an upside that the Spurs can (Danny Green/Roger Mason/Gary Neal) him.

I agree. It's great finding a gem from the d-league/europe (similar to what the Heat did with Whiteside) and being able to develop that player to where they can be counted on later in the season and/or playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it hard to get through the day with so many mental handicaps?

i dont care if Miller played Center when he was 22....not for one minute did he play SF last year.

and Jones played the 4 since- HE CANT GUARD SMALL FORWARDS - so he played as a stretch 4

for you to say the Cavs have 4 smal lforwards is beyond stupid.

cannot wait until this season gets started- and for - hopefully if the Heat dont shit themselves again- the anticipated Cavs/Heat playoff massacre that we will get if we are lucky.

Last edited: