• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with pretty much every word of this. I don't think Byron wants a plodding style offense, though. I think he wants something closer to Showtime. Hibbert would play a bit of a poor mans Kareem in that system. During Showtime, the young guys ran up and down the floor. Kareem was there for the half court and to protect the paint.

Agree about the 3 point shooting. They need to either get a guy or develop one. Maybe Lou Williams and/or Clarkson. Not sure how well Russell shot the 3 in college, but being a good 3 point shooter in college, doesn't always translate to the NBA.

If Hibbert is motivated and willing to worry about strictly defense, that could be huge for the Lakers going forward. Plus, he's apparently already been working with Kareem and texts him with questions, etc. all the time.
I read a comment from Hibbert and it sounded like he's only concentrating on defense and grabbing boards. We'll see how it plays out on the court.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you pay attention to this summer?

where Love resigned in Cleveland, where Aldridge signed in San Antonio, where Monroe spurned the Lakers and Knicks to sign in Milwaukee? Where the Lakers and Knicks couldnt get any guy that is even close to all star level to sign?

You really need to stop. Places like Miami, L.A. and New York will ALWAYS be destination locations for FA's. The Lakers problem with getting FA's and the reason Aldridge chose the Spurs was the rosters. The Spurs can win a title right now. The Heat can also at least make the ECF and possibly the NBA finals. Milwaukee also has a talented young roster that just made the playoffs. That's why Monroe chose them.

The Lakers and Knicks are at least 2 years away. THAT is the difference.

All things being equal top FA's will choose L.A., NY or Miami.

Without Lebron on the roster, exactly how many top FA's have ever chosen Cleveland?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Bosh is already declining. That is why he is a 3 point shooter now. His game is only going downhill because he doesnt bang in the post. But this style of play could let him last longer, so basically he is declining just at a slower pace. A Duncan type of slow decline, not comparing them as players though.

You are FOS.
Bosh declining?
The first 4 years he was here he was forced to change his game to improve LeBrons.
Then we all know what happened last year.
Let's see how declined he is this year, being able to play HIS game while being surrounded by what should be perfect compliments all over the court.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are FOS.
Bosh declining?
The first 4 years he was here he was forced to change his game to improve LeBrons.
Then we all know what happened last year.
Let's see how declined he is this year, being able to play HIS game while being surrounded by what should be perfect compliments all over the court.

Up to this point he is, as you say we will wait to see how he does with a better supporting cast.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arent Bosh and Lebron essentially the same age

How is one guy (BOSH) likely to decline and not be worth anything soon because of aging......while another guy (LEBRON) will continue to be the same and completely defy aging.

That seems a bit of a stretch.
Yes, I admit guys decline at diffrent rates, but there is no indicator that Bosh will turn to dust sooner than Lebron.

Bosh is not particularly reliant on athleticism like Lebron.
I can see his decline more like Jabbar and Duncan as less athletic big men with a slow long decline.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI

Kyrie Irving started 71 games 2 years ago and started 75 games last season- so he missed a combined 18 games over the two seasons- and a handful of those misses were straight rest to prepare for the post season.

Last year Kyrie made his 3rd all star team and made his first all nba team. he turned 23 in March.

Last year he shot 46.8% from the field and 41.5% from 3. Both great numbers for a point guard- especially one that shoots it at such a high rate as Kyrie. Overall he improved substantially on the defensive end- and meshed much quicker with LeBron James than was generally anticipated.

He scored 57 points in a game vs. the Spurs, and 55 points in a game vs. the Blazers- which were the 2 high scoring games in the entire NBA for the season.

Last offseason he signed a 5 year max contract that kicks in this year which will pay him about an average of 18M a season- which will represent one of the great "value" contracts in the NBA once the new cap deals continue to be signed in the upcoming seasons.

just for comparison sake- Turnup loves to shift the focus from Wades injuries to Kyries- but over the last two seasons - as I said- Kyrie has started all but 18 games- while Dwayne Wade has missed a combined FORTY-NINE GAMES over the last two regular seasons. Dont let the rhetoric of loud but wrong lemmings lead you away from that. 18 - to 49.

I love to shift the focus from Wade to Kyrie?
Really?
How about showing me even one example of that.
No Heat fan has had any confidence in Wade to be healthy in May/June for years.
We HOPE, which is all you should do with Kyrie.
I do believe though, that Kyrie just missed more Finals games then Wade ever has.

And, I couldn't care less about meaningless stats in exhibition games or even regular season games.

That has nothing to do with health, nor change the fact that any of those stats ever got him close to even an 8 seed without LeBron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to stop. Places like Miami, L.A. and New York will ALWAYS be destination locations for FA's. The Lakers problem with getting FA's and the reason Aldridge chose the Spurs was the rosters. The Spurs can win a title right now. The Heat can also at least make the ECF and possibly the NBA finals. Milwaukee also has a talented young roster that just made the playoffs. That's why Monroe chose them.

Without Lebron on the roster, exactly how many top FA's have ever chosen Cleveland?

^^^^^^^^^^

An amputee could count on zero hands

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Bosh is already declining. That is why he is a 3 point shooter now.

As a former Heat fan, you know this is crap. He became more of a 3 point shooter to accommodate Lebron and D-Wade who like to drive and dish a lot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's typical you only want to talk about half the story. How can you compare a player that has over a decade of regular season + post-season miles to a player of which doesn't even take a full hand of fingers to count his number of seasons + post-seasons combined played.

I mean I am by no means a Wade fan but I will call a spade a spade. Wade's body is broken in all likely hood due to him playing so many games....what's Kyrie's excuse after only 4 seasons?

All those AAU games and high school playoffs? :noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a former Heat fan, you know this is crap. He became more of a 3 point shooter to accommodate Lebron and D-Wade who like to drive and dish a lot.

Of course, but he doesnt need to anymore. He can still be a jumpshooter but not a 3 point shooter anymore, they have plenty of outside weapons now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a comment from Hibbert and it sounded like he's only concentrating on defense and grabbing boards. We'll see how it plays out on the court.

I agree. The fact that he has already been working with and developed a relationship with Kareem, really gives me some hope for him. Hibbert seemed to come a little "unhinged" after the Pacers couldn't get past the Heat twice. Kareem was always grounded and kept a great perspective.

Aside from what he can teach Hibbert about playing the game, the mental side is where Kareem may have the biggest impact.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is one guy (BOSH) likely to decline and not be worth anything soon because of aging......while another guy (LEBRON) will continue to be the same and completely defy aging.

Because Lebron soaks his body in the magical, healing waters of the Cuyahoga river.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to this point he is, as you say we will wait to see how he does with a better supporting cast.

Up to what point?
For 4 years the Heat claimed he was the most important player on the court.
Last year is a throw out.

You guys can only hope and pray that Love will accept and adjust like Bosh did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to some of these guys Kyrie should just sit out the whole season and wait for the playoffs. He has had his fair injuries but playing 70+ games the past two seasons is very good. This last season just got the most serious injuries at the worst time. If Blatt is as good of coach he believes he will be able to sit Kyrie at times, Mo is fully capable of playing minutes..shit he could start for a handful of teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to what point?
For 4 years the Heat claimed he was the most important player on the court.
Last year is a throw out.

You guys can only hope and pray that Love will accept and adjust like Bosh did.

The X-Factor. Love has always been a better rebounder than Bosh and a better jumpshooter. The main difference was when Bosh attacked that was his x-factor. He doesnt anymore.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but he doesnt need to anymore. He can still be a jumpshooter but not a 3 point shooter anymore, they have plenty of outside weapons now.

And, as Turnup pointed out, we'll see what he does this year. He's had half a season since Lebron left. Hopefully, this year, he will have a full season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my whole point. Things aren't equal. Guys go where they can win and if Milwaukee gives them a better shot than LA. There going to Milwaukee.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The X-Factor. Love has always been a better rebounder than Bosh and a better jumpshooter. The main difference was when Bosh attacked that was his x-factor. He doesnt anymore.

Love IMO was a better rebounder because he is a tons worse defender.
If you cheat off your man to get in rebounding position, yes, you'll get more rebounds, but the player you are supposed to be guarding will also get many more points.

Now, with the Cavs, they want him on the perimeter, unless they revamp their approach.

Face facts, he was pulled in the 4th qtr of many games because he couldn't defend.
His negatives outweighed his positives or he'd have been on the court vs the bench.