• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to some of these guys Kyrie should just sit out the whole season and wait for the playoffs. He has had his fair injuries but playing 70+ games the past two seasons is very good. This last season just got the most serious injuries at the worst time. If Blatt is as good of coach he believes he will be able to sit Kyrie at times, Mo is fully capable of playing minutes..shit he could start for a handful of teams.

I'm not sure why you and Wiggy can't seem to grasp 1 simple concept. Kyrie has not finished a season since his junior year of high school.

It doesn't matter if he played all 82 games last season. Where was he after game 1 of the finals? Another season that he didn't finish.

Playing 70+ games doesn't mean shit if he's not there when the team needs him the most.

He needs to actually play a whole season including playoffs before you can call him anything but injury prone or do anything more than hope he can finish a season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my whole point. Things aren't equal. Guys go where they can win and if Milwaukee gives them a better shot than LA. There going to Milwaukee.

You're sample size is pretty small Wiggy, and not every player has the big town mentality.
I think Aldridge fit into that category.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my whole point. Things aren't equal. Guys go where they can win and if Milwaukee gives them a better shot than LA. There going to Milwaukee.

Then you really need to quit trying to claim that other places are destination cities/franchises. There are pretty much 3 destination cities/franchises in the NBA.

It's why even during down times, teams like the Lakers, Knicks and Heat can ALWAYS get a meeting with any top FA they want and most other franchises can't.

It's why once Lebron retires or gets older, the Cavs appeal will be gone and they won't even be able to get a meeting. I'd wager that once Lebron is gone, Kyrie will be gone at his first opportunity.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're sample size is pretty small Wiggy, and not every player has the big town mentality.
I think Aldridge fit into that category.
Who was the last major FA to sign for the Lakers? the Knicks?

Besides Bron and Bosh taking less in a circumstance that has never been seen before and highly unlikely to repeat what FA has gone to Miami that was a major impact guy?

Just asking. From what I can remember thevknicks got amare who was a major bust. I'm not even sure with Miami or la.... Shaquille in La? Mourning in Miami? What year was mourning?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you really need to quit trying to claim that other places are destination cities/franchises. There are pretty much 3 destination cities/franchises in the NBA.

It's why even during down times, teams like the Lakers, Knicks and Heat can ALWAYS get a meeting with any top FA they want and most other franchises can't.

It's why once Lebron retires or gets older, the Cavs appeal will be gone and they won't even be able to get a meeting. I'd wager that once Lebron is gone, Kyrie will be gone at his first opportunity.
What place did I claim was a destination? Lol. I said guys are going places thar are set up to win- regardless of city

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He uses that to give his skin that "soft as a baby's butt" feel.

Wow, seriously grossed myself out with that one. :puke:

He's working on a couple of shots to the face.
Trying to convince him that's is good for hair growth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh how the mighty have fallen if your bragging about getting meetings.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I am mistaken shaq was the last big time player to come to LAL as a free agent in 1996. And mourning to the heat in 1995. Is this what you guys are talking about? Besides Amare who ended up crippling the Knicks with his horrible deal and injuries who was their last one? Stevie franchise? Lol.

Hmmmmmmm. If you relying on the environment that was pervasive 20+ years ago in an entirely different set up league I would ask you to curb your enthusiasm as LD would say

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Besides Bron and Bosh taking less in a circumstance that has never been seen before and highly unlikely to repeat what FA has gone to Miami that was a major impact guy?

Just asking. From what I can remember thevknicks got amare who was a major bust. I'm not even sure with Miami or la.... Shaquille in La? Mourning in Miami? What year was mourning?

Up until the last few years, the Lakers were pretty much always a powerhouse. The players had to come from somewhere. Being real good, almost always leads to being bad for a period afterwards. They are living that now.

The Heat wasn't a powerhouse, but were usually an above average team. The players came from somewhere.
Many NBA players have second homes here. We're one year post James and 2 players just signed here for the minimum that could have gotten more because they wanted to be here.

The Knicks are the Knicks. Their FO has been terrible for quite some time.

You can never say all, except if we're talking Cavs-James, but if you don't think players consider where they are schlepping their families to when deciding on teams, you are nuts.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I am mistaken shaq was the last big time player to come to LAL as a free agent in 1996. And mourning to the heat in 1995. Is this what you guys are talking about? Besides Amare who ended up crippling the Knicks with his horrible deal and injuries who was their last one? Stevie franchise? Lol.

Hmmmmmmm. If you relying on the environment that was pervasive 20+ years ago in an entirely different set up league I would ask you to curb your enthusiasm as LD would say

How many titles have the Lakers won since 95-96?

If you are loaded and keep your core, then major additions aren't needed and for the most part can't be gotten because of the salary cap.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pau Gasol, Shaq, Kobe all re-signed with the Lakers when they could have gone other places. The Lakers were capped out and didn't need to go after any FA's other than their own since about 1996. They did, however, get important role playing FA's who actually lobbied Kobe to get them in.

The Knicks brought in several FA's at times when they were considered top players like Marbury, JR Smith, Amare, etc. Problem was, they were just throwing money at all star caliber players without regard to chemistry.

Miami got Lebron and Bosh in the same season.

Teams don't build solely through FA, they also make trades and draft well, which the Lakers and the Heat have done over the years.

Again, how many FA's has Cleveland ever gotten without Lebron on the roster? In fact, how many have they gotten WITH Lebron on the roster?

Last I checked, they had to trade for Love. Lebron ended up in Miami because Wade and Bosh weren't going to Cleveland. So even after playoff runs and a finals appearance, Lebron wasn't enough to get anyone to go to Cleveland.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until the last few years, the Lakers were pretty much always a powerhouse. The players had to come from somewhere. Being real good, almost always leads to being bad for a period afterwards. They are living that now.
The Spurs are still a powerhouse.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he missed half a season he would qualify.

Too much JD in your system, I believe.
Breaking your leg in a freakish way doesn't make you injury prone.

You sure Wiggy didn't hack your account?