• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.
Bilionaires don't need millions.
Not taking anything away from the talent of James, but if it weren't for Ray Allen, he'd be 1 for 12.

Never before has an owner in team sports handed totalcontrol and annual opt out to a player and I doubt anyone ever will again.
I understand you are bitter about LBJ leaving Miami for Cleveland but shit happens.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you and Wiggy can't seem to grasp 1 simple concept. Kyrie has not finished a season since his junior year of high school.

It doesn't matter if he played all 82 games last season. Where was he after game 1 of the finals? Another season that he didn't finish.

Playing 70+ games doesn't mean shit if he's not there when the team needs him the most.

He needs to actually play a whole season including playoffs before you can call him anything but injury prone or do anything more than hope he can finish a season.

That's what I just said, it has nothing to do with finishing a season it has to do with when he gets injured. Most of these injuries havent been too serious except this past one. That's why I said he needs to pick and choose when to rest Kyrie whether he can play or not. Rest him and maybe it could prevent something.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OKC is a really good team and explosive on offense, but I think their defense is lacking. I would have see how they really gel (the new guys) and play team defense. I just think Waiters is a problem and I dont see him being a very good asset on a contending team. Maybe he changes, but I doubt it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I just said, it has nothing to do with finishing a season it has to do with when he gets injured. Most of these injuries havent been too serious except this past one. That's why I said he needs to pick and choose when to rest Kyrie whether he can play or not. Rest him and maybe it could prevent something.

You think having to monitor the minutes of a 23 year old is a good thing? That it speaks to a long career? I've said before, I hate that he has these injuries, the kid is fun to watch. But you and Wiggy act like he's going to be some kind of iron man all of the sudden because he played more than 70 games the past 2 seasons.

The thing you and Wiggy don't seem to understand about "resting him" is that you don't rest players or hold them out of games to prevent injury. You rest players to prevent fatigue. Injuries can happen at anytime, even in practice. Heck, Shaq once injured himself playing with his kids.

Players/teams have little to no control over injuries, they just happen. The only time you pull a player, especially one as young as Kyrie as anything close to an injury prevention measure, is late in a blowout. Even then, it's just so people can't say he got hurt playing "meaningless minutes."

Really, the only time you give young players extra rest is towards the end of the season when they've played a lot of minutes and are getting ready for the playoffs.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC got real center? They needed a defensive presence and they got a guy who moves like a robot.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kanter avg 19 PPG, Ibaka avg 14, Waiters avg 12, and Morrow avg 11.

There is absolutely no need for some dominant 3rd option when you're getting those numbers from your supporting cast in addition to 50-55 PPG from Westbrook and KD

He averaged 19ppg in what? 26 games?

When KD and RW missed a lot of games? You think he'll average 19ppg with KD and RW healthy?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He averaged 19ppg in what? 26 games?

When KD and RW missed a lot of games? You think he'll average 19ppg with KD and RW healthy?

No but he will definitely me between 13 & 15 ppg imo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC got real center? They needed a defensive presence and they got a guy who moves like a robot.

Steven Adams is that. Solid defensive center off the bench

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Adams is that. Solid defensive center off the bench

For 13-15mpg. They didn't need more scoring in the starting lineup, they needed a defensive presence at center next to Ibaka. OKC needed a player like Tyson Chandler, that's who they should have been after.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hates Lebron and Gilbert

Actually, they deserve each other.
Which one will snap on the other one first?

And hate Gilbert?
Nobody thought anything of him before the 4 things that everyone now knows him for.
1. The juvenile, scorned ex lover letter he wrote the night James left him to join a winning franchise
2. His hilarious threats that he would spare no expense to prove his collusion accusations.
3. His hard stance in the last CBA trying to punish James by pushing for a hard cap.
4. Him now completely making a bitch out of himself which completely contradicts anything else he has ever said or done in regard to James.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 13-15mpg. They didn't need more scoring in the starting lineup, they needed a defensive presence at center next to Ibaka. OKC needed a player like Tyson Chandler, that's who they should have been after.

I think they needed both actually. A center who you can actually throw the ball to in the post and one who can defend the paint. Kanter is a solid offensive center but his defense is lacking. In the playoffs late in games something tell me Adams would get the end of game minutes

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they deserve each other.
Which one will snap on the other one first?

And hate Gilbert?
Nobody thought anything of him before the 4 things that everyone now knows him for.
1. The juvenile, scorned ex lover letter he wrote the night James left him to join a winning franchise
2. His hilarious threats that he would spare no expense to prove his collusion accusations.
3. His hard stance in the last CBA trying to punish James by pushing for a hard cap.
4. Him now completely making a bitch out of himself which completely contradicts anything else he has ever said or done in regard to James.

is there a higher rating than winner on here? there needs to be...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW.
So you now know how many minutes, games he can play and remain injury free?

The man just suffered injuries in both knees.
His style of play is very hard on healthy knees, let alone suspect ones.
Nobody doesn't want him to stay healthy, it's just nobody outside of blinded Cavs fans thinks he can.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have the Lakers been to the finals and how many championships have they won since they got Shaq?

Did you forget about the salary cap? For someone who tries to pretend he knows something about it, you sure seem to forget about it a lot. How much cap room for FA's do you think the Lakers have had since they got Shaq?

The Cavs, on the other hand, have always had lots of cap space. Yet, other than Lebron, no takers.
GEEZ. get a little defensive, lol.

All I said is that you act like their is this grand history of FA's flocking to LAL- and while that might have been the case years ago- when there were just a few nationally televised games- and the country HAD to watch Lakers or Celtics games on Sunday broadcasts- the league has changed.

You dont have to be in LA or NY in order to have a huge profile and be a marketing force. 20-30 years ago- you kinda did. Now? LeBron is by far the most popular guy in Cleveland. at one point Dwight Howard was #2 in ORLANDO. #2 right now in popularity is what, probably Durant? in OKLAHOMA CITY.

OKC, Orlando and Cleveland- not exactly your media power house cities in the US. But thats the point- you dont need to be in a big city to have a big profile anymore in todays world of technology where you can watch every single game no matter where it is broadcasted.

NOW - the most important thing that players have been basing their decision on is ability to win. We have seen that. It is undeniable. Guys are not going to go to a big market just because its a big market anymore. It doesnt happen.

and really? like I said- I in no way question the Lakers success- but as far as high profile free agents- in what 40 years its like what Shaq and Kareem?--- and then in recent history Howard leaves, Aldridge has TWO meetings and leaves after the Lakers screwed up the first meeting.

The truth is- that elite players really dont change teams TOO TOO often via Free Agency in the NBA nowadays- especially with the new CBA- and if they do change teams its usually in the form of trades. In order to be able to execute trades on that scale you need assets- like how Boston got KG by giving up Al Jefferson and a bunch of picks, or how the Rockets got Harden by giving up a ton of picks and Kevin Martin, or how the Cavs got Love by giving up Wiggins and some other stuff, or how the Lakers got Howard in the first place by giving up Bynum and what not, or Deron Williams to the Nets, or CP3 to the Clippers.

More often then not- when you try and build your team through free agency in todays NBA- you end up like the Knicks- overpaying for a guy like Amare who is only available in free agency because the Suns had no interest in giving him a long term deal with his health- and the fact that his athleticism was not lasting close to the length of a max deal. - and the Knicks topped out the Melo/Chandler/Amare era by getting passed the first round ONCE. Or like the Mavericks- always a bridesmaid- never a bride- they tore down their team after their championship and every year have tried for that big free agent signing and despite having an owner who has provided his team with every luxury, no state income tax, and being in Dallas- no one has gone there who is a significant impact player.

Relying on free agency to turn your team around is a very very risky proposition in the modern NBA and you can point to very few situations where it has worked as planned.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.
So you now know how many minutes, games he can play and remain injury free?

The man just suffered injuries in both knees.
His style of play is very hard on healthy knees, let alone suspect ones.
Nobody doesn't want him to stay healthy, it's just nobody outside of blinded Cavs fans thinks he can.

At the end of the season, yes. He is more than durable but most teams rest players at the end of the season for the playoffs anyway. If he can 70+ games he will be fine. Like I said rest him in certain situations. Pop was resting the Big 3 when Parker was in his mid 20's.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kanter has the worst career defensive real +/- rating since the 1970s.

He is not just a bad defender.
He is historically bad, and maybe the worst defender of all time in NBA history.

Utah started looking good after he left, and OKC got worse.

Unless, he gets you those 18-20 points, he is not worth it.
His defensive struggles are not worth 10-14 points a game.

I am not sure its going to happen, as all those shots he was getting will likely end up as Durant shots.
I would start Adams and make Kanter the most expensive 6th man in the league.