• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wojnarowski claims they didn't offer Monroe the max. Same with the Knicks.

They either offered him a max or they didn't offer him a contract. It is that simple. A guy like Monroe was never going to sign for anything less than the max to go play on a team as talent depleted at those two.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ends up being great for the Bucks.
I think that we will see that Monroe is actually one of the more underrated big men.
The Bucks just got much better and the Pistons much worse.

Should be a good fit with the Bucks.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you taken a look at Upshaw yet?

I'm telling you, he is Whiteside 2.0.

I wanted the Clippers to draft him so bad.

But, he went to the Lakers on a undrafted Summer deal.

If his head is together, he could be your guy at the 5.

At the very least, he will give you excellent rim protection while Russell does his thing.

so i'm hearing...and that's GOOD news. it's why i plan on taking in the Summer league for once along with watching the rest of the young guys...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Aldridge is still a huge free agent but he is acting like he is the cream of the crop.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They either offered him a max or they didn't offer him a contract. It is that simple. A guy like Monroe was never going to sign for anything less than the max to go play on a team as talent depleted at those two.

Not necessarily. The Lakers may have thought he wasn't worth maxing out while leaving them with little leftover to fill out the roster. Different story with Aldridge.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing the Lakers would consider trading for DLee rather than re-enter talks with Sac for Cousins. I guess it would make sense considering what Sac wants in return. But I can't imagine GS letting DLee go for a discount either.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still torn on whether the Knicks and Laker's both COMPLETELY striking out during this FA is a good or a bad thing.

It's funny because both teams will once again be some of the worst teams in the league next year after a year when both fan bases just assumed every big name would join them.

But it is bad because I really think it is in the best long term interest of each franchise to strike out this badly in order to keep enough space available in the future to put together a super team via FA where they find 3 guys all ready to team up together in the same offseason like Miami did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. The Lakers may have thought he wasn't worth maxing out while leaving them with little leftover to fill out the roster. Different story with Aldridge.

Well if it is true, that was dumb. No way in hell they would get Monroe not offering the max. Why even offer him anything if he has expressed he wants max. Lakers have been looking bad the last couple days.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing the Lakers would consider trading for DLee rather than re-enter talks with Sac for Cousins. I guess it would make sense considering what Sac wants in return. But I can't imagine GS letting DLee go for a discount either.

I can't imagine GS getting anything more than a completely protected 1st round pick for Lee.

Lee is nothing but a one year expensive Band-Aid at this point to any and every team in the league.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep...

SO over the idea of bagging Cousins. let SacTown keep him since they want so much in exchange...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it is true, that was dumb. No way in hell they would get Monroe not offering the max. Why even offer him anything if he has expressed he wants max. Lakers have been looking bad the last couple days.

Exactly. They either offered him a max deal or they really never were serious about signing him and only put on a dog and pony show with him for their fan base. There was never a chance he was going to sign for anything less than max.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still torn on whether the Knicks and Laker's both COMPLETELY striking out during this FA is a good or a bad thing.

It's funny because both teams will once again be some of the worst teams in the league next year after a year when both fan bases just assumed every big name would join them.

But it is bad because I really think it is in the best long term interest of each franchise to strike out this badly in order to keep enough space available in the future to put together a super team via FA where they find 3 guys all ready to team up together in the same offseason like Miami did.

The bolded isn't true.

The Lakers are trying to the shortcut the rebuild process while still rebuilding. They haven't been successful. Understandingly so with some of the free agents who are looking to contend immediately. Rebuilding takes time. They need their young core to show they can play in this league and get after it again next summer.

The Lakers don't win titles every year. There was a 12 year gap between Showtime and the Shaq/Kobe run.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. They either offered him a max deal or they really never were serious about signing him and only put on a dog and pony show with him for their fan base. There was never a chance he was going to sign for anything less than max.

Kind of a catch-22 really. They are expected to woo the big free agents. They'd get shit if they didn't try. They get shit when they don't succeed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers are even making moves

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a catch-22 really. They are expected to woo the big free agents. They'd get shit if they didn't try. They get shit when they don't succeed.

That's what happens when you are LA or Boston. LA is taking more shit and bc of some rumors I heard about tweets. I think the some Lakers in the FO thought Aldridge would just bow down and say, I adore the Lakers.