• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I figured he'd be the team's options C & D if they can't get an established player via FA.

On another note: Just got word Timmy is going back to SA for another season.

Fuck a duck.

Could mean Aldridge is in.

But, maybe not.... I figured Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmy was gonna play at least another year anyway.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not roll with Stanley?

What's going on with Reggie Jackson?

I think Stanley starts at the 3. Tobias is 6'9" so he'd be used no differently than a Carmelo Anthony (ugh) or a Rashard Lewis (prime/Orlando). That's the type of player SVG wants at the 4 though.

I'm not sure what goings on with Reggie, but I was against the trade since I liked what Brandon was doing -- but I digress.

I'm not really sure what going to happen with him, but assuming Jennings comes back healthy he's a better fit. I think Jackson resigns for a Brandon Knight-esque type of deal though. But who knows, maybe the Knicks will sign him?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck a duck.

Could mean Aldridge is in.

But, maybe not.... I figured Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmy was gonna play at least another year anyway.

I think they knew he was in, but that was all Aldridge needed to hear. They will probably agree to something today

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stanley starts at the 3. Tobias is 6'9" so he'd be used no differently than a Carmelo Anthony (ugh) or a Rashard Lewis (prime/Orlando). That's the type of player SVG wants at the 4 though.

I'm not sure what goings on with Reggie, but I was against the trade since I liked what Brandon was doing -- but I digress.

I'm not really sure what going to happen with him, but assuming Jennings comes back healthy he's a better fit. I think Jackson resigns for a Brandon Knight-esque type of deal though. But who knows, maybe the Knicks will sign him?

Okay, I see your point about Tobias.

I actually like him better than Illayosova.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not roll with Stanley?

What's going on with Reggie Jackson?
The Pistons need Stanley to play the 3. They traded Butler for Ilyasova (another stretch 4) and Prince went to free agency, so they have no 3 except their 2nd round pick unless they want to try KCP there with Meeks at the 2, but that would be too small.

I haven't heard anything about Jackson except that Stan said signing him was his #1 priority before free agency. I don't see how he hand Jennings can work together since both need to be starters and do the same thing. Before he got hurt Jennings finally had it clicking and was playing better than Jackson did the remainder of the season, which makes me mad that VanGundy is putting all the effort into pursuing Jackson instead of tryign to retain Monroe. The Pistons basically just traded Monroe for Ilyasova:L (but I guess that fits VanGundy's "system" better). With how the central is stacking up I see the Pistons missing the playoffs again---I may have to become a Bucks fan:eek::nono::eek:

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another round of meetings? Suns may end up getting him by default if that's the case. If LaMarcus asks Pop to fly out to LA again for another round of meetings, Pop just might tell him that he needs to get over himself and hang up the phone.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons need Stanley to play the 3. They traded Butler for Ilyasova (another stretch 4) and Prince went to free agency, so they have no 3 except their 2nd round pick unless they want to try KCP there with Meeks at the 2, but that would be too small.

I haven't heard anything about Jackson except that Stan said signing him was his #1 priority before free agency. I don't see how he hand Jennings can work together since both need to be starters and do the same thing. Before he got hurt Jennings finally had it clicking and was playing better than Jackson did the remainder of the season, which makes me mad that VanGundy is putting all the effort into pursuing Jackson instead of tryign to retain Monroe. The Pistons basically just traded Monroe for Ilyasova:L (but I guess that fits VanGundy's "system" better). With how the central is stacking up I see the Pistons missing the playoffs again---I may have to become a Bucks fan:eek::nono::eek:

I figured they would trade Jennings.

But, I agree about Jackson.

He was trying to play to much hero ball and it hurt the Pistons.

I really like stanley Johnson.

I think he and Drummond will compliment eachother well defensively.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers offered every player a max. They just say, "no thanks, I wanna win". Kinda crazy to think about, but funny.
Lakers just need to prepare for next offseason or the next one after that. Getting a SF could help, but they have no post presence whatsoever.

They did not offer Monroe a max contract.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another round of meetings? Suns may end up getting him by default if that's the case. If LaMarcus asks Pop to fly out to LA again for another round of meetings, Pop just might tell him that he needs to get over himself and hang up the phone.

This doesnt really seem like the personality of Lamarcus Aldridge....Maybe its just reporters trying to get click-bait and over dramatizing the process. But, if true, it sounds like a player the SPURS would definitely not want in their clubhouse.

The SPURS dont need him that badly if its going to evolve into a Circus of his gigantic ego.
LA is a solid star player, but he is not some transcendent superstar player like Lebron.

Sure, he would make them the likely favorites to win it all...but they are no worse than a top 5 team without him.
Good player, perfect fit, and definitely improves the team.....But he is not a player that will change the fortunes of a franchise forever.

Pick a team and get over yourself already Lamarcus.
The Spurs would just as soon sign David West and Mirza Teletovic and move on than put on dog and pony shows.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh we're definitely going to miss the playoffs, which is why I don't want to pay Reggie.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wojnarowski claims they didn't offer Monroe the max. Same with the Knicks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wojnarowski claims they didn't offer Monroe the max. Same with the Knicks.
That ends up being great for the Bucks.
I think that we will see that Monroe is actually one of the more underrated big men.
The Bucks just got much better and the Pistons much worse.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent heard anything about the Bulls. I dont think they can offer him $15 mil a year like he wants.
I have heard Raptors and Kings
Well it was talked about before FA started. He said Bulls were one of the teams he wanted to play for. No we cant offer 15 mill. The most we can off is like 9 mill but we would offer 12mill and trade Gibson to have enough money. I think this is why Bulls haven't traded Gibson yet. They are waiting to see if they can add a main piece. If not why not keep Gibson.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we're definitely going to miss the playoffs, which is why I don't want to pay Reggie.
I'm not positive of that, the Pistons do still play in the East. They are competing with Brooklyn, Boston, Indiana, Charlotte, and Miami for two spots. If VanGundy actually gets this system to work they could compete for the 8 spot with a lineup of Jackson, KCP, Johnson, Harris, Drummond with Meeks, Ilyasova, etc... off the bench--------okay, maybe not.