• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "2014 NFL Draft" Thread

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't know that I could disagree with Bridgewater, Manzeil, (or any of the other top QB's), or Clowney.

It's a question to me of which draft pick has the highest risk/reward. That is, how safe do you really want to be with the pick?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't know that I could disagree with Bridgewater, Manzeil, (or any of the other top QB's), or Clowney.

It's a question to me of which draft pick has the highest risk/reward. That is, how safe do you really want to be with the pick?

JFF is the highest risk. Of the QB group, Bridgewater seems to be the safest bet but its all a crap shoot when it comes down to it. If you really want a safe bet, you don't draft a QB in the first round (unless its Manning or Luck or someone like that).

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are forced to pick at #1, they will take Clowney and should.

If they can trade back one or two spots they will.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are forced to pick at #1, they will take Clowney and should.

If they can trade back one or two spots they will.

You're hoping they drop from the #1 over all to, say, the #5 overall and pick up an additional pick in a later round?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they might have some sour grapes after they picked mario williams and paid him 50 whatever million dollars. At least the pay scale is in place.

Clowney is a highlight player, but pretty sure it wont be long before he gets accused of "taking plays off".

If they want to keep Manziel in Texas, it wont be a bad pick. There are just too many similarities with the current super bowl champ Wilson, well other than the point that Manziel will force throws and try to win games on his own. Someone should have a real strong combine and make up their mind for them. They have Watt, it could be a great line, but someone has to go to the other side and we have seen alot of failures moving around.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they might have some sour grapes after they picked mario williams and paid him 50 whatever million dollars. At least the pay scale is in place.

Clowney is a highlight player, but pretty sure it wont be long before he gets accused of "taking plays off".

If they want to keep Manziel in Texas, it wont be a bad pick. There are just too many similarities with the current super bowl champ Wilson, well other than the point that Manziel will force throws and try to win games on his own. Someone should have a real strong combine and make up their mind for them. They have Watt, it could be a great line, but someone has to go to the other side and we have seen alot of failures moving around.

Sour grapes? They made the right choice then and by a mile. Mario Williams was a 3x pro bowl selection for the Texans and a career starter. You remember who the fans wanted them to take?? Reggie Bush or Vince Young.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFF is the highest risk. Of the QB group, Bridgewater seems to be the safest bet but its all a crap shoot when it comes down to it. If you really want a safe bet, you don't draft a QB in the first round (unless its Manning or Luck or someone like that).

You mentioned Manning and Luck. Here are some more first rounders:

Rodgers
Rivers
Big Ben
Eli
Cutler
Stafford
Ryan
Palmer
Flacco
Tannehill
Newton
Smith
RG III
Bradford
Locker

All those guys are starters and were 1st round picks. Some better than others, but all would be an upgrade in Cleveland.

You want a QB the first round is your best bet. 6th rounders like Brady are extremely rare.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite certain that if the Texans feel any of the qb"s are franchise material, they will go with the qb. They need one badly and unless they get one in free agency or via trade, they would take a franchise qb.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think there is any ''franchise QB's'' in the free agency list. Their best bet is Manziel. Bridgewater is not going to be good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have any confidence in Vick to once again become a starter?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think there is any ''franchise QB's'' in the free agency list. Their best bet is Manziel. Bridgewater is not going to be good.

yep, nothing really in FA unless someone thinks Vick or Freeman can be the guy. the texans could do a trade though and get a back-up guy like Cousins or mallett or there may be some veteran starters that are on the market like bradford or Locker.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have any confidence in Vick to once again become a starter?

No...Vick is a better than more than a handful of starters, but you know going in he's not going to play every game so you're taking a risk of your team going down the tubes with him...PHI was lucky Foles was ready to play at the level he did.

I think his value is better as a back up...Backing up Kaep in SF seems like a great spot for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, nothing really in FA unless someone thinks Vick or Freeman can be the guy. the texans could do a trade though and get a back-up guy like Cousins or mallett or there may be some veteran starters that are on the market like bradford or Locker.

I've seen this guy play a lot and I have to say...I'm floored...I thought he was mistake prone (trying to carry the team too early in his development imo), but on the rise prior to Schiano going there.

IMO, Cousins for a 2nd round pick is a better deal than the 4th QB off the board.

I know NE people think highly of him...Mallett may have more upside than Cousins, but he seems more dangerous to me...was somewhat of a risk taker in college.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this guy play a lot and I have to say...I'm floored...I thought he was mistake prone (trying to carry the team too early in his development imo), but on the rise prior to Schiano going there.

IMO, Cousins for a 2nd round pick is a better deal than the 4th QB off the board.

I know NE people think highly of him...Mallett may have more upside than Cousins, but he seems more dangerous to me...was somewhat of a risk taker in college.

Agreed, Cousins may be a better option than both Freeman and Vick, even Cassel. Not many good names on the FA list.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The only guy after the top 3 that has any potential is that Garappolo kid and Id have to see more of him to get a good opinion.

Cassel is the best FA QB imo

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mettenberger would be a good, low-risk investment in the 2nd or 3rd round for a team in need of a QB. He probably could have worked his way to first round consideration in ht pre-Draft process if not for the knee injury.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mettenberger would be a good, low-risk investment in the 2nd or 3rd round for a team in need of a QB. He probably could have worked his way to first round consideration in ht pre-Draft process if not for the knee injury.

:agree:

Big time, pro ready arm...decent footwork...he won't be a real mobile guy, but I like him better than Bridgewater, and Manziel, but his knee is going to keep him in the 2nd/3rd round.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how good Mallett will be, but that's as strong an arm as you'll see

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Board opinion of Carr is really, really low. Honestly, I think the Hoop is on to something.